[GAME]Pokemon-STYLE Game (still in dev) :Phonster

Search This thread

Feregorn

Jun 10, 2009
Paris
Dreams are never bad to have! I have been following development in this project for a very long time, hope you upload it to the play store when you're ready!

Sent from my OPPO N3

ronandroid

Apr 14, 2012
favarsinfo.free.fr
depending on what will be the "pokemon go" app ....
If it's "only" a "spin off" from ingress, yes, for sure, i will continue to dev it... if it's like i would like it to be, i will stop.... :)
but thanks for your soutien/support :)

ronandroid

Apr 14, 2012
favarsinfo.free.fr
Hi all,

Pokemon go is definitively not what I was expecting,
- nothing if you are not in a big city
- internet/data connection always required (and I still don't want this !)
- no fight ! <= are they serious ? pokemon IS all about fight and strategy ! (I read that the main developer of Niantic has never played pokemon !! <= source : forbes.com)
- battery consumption ! (keeping the app running to detect pokemon ...why ??)
- too much MMO in my opinion (you only have to see the rush in central park or toulouse/bordeaux in france)
- why block a whole country (bresil ! I'm thinking of you ! you're welcome to play phonster guys ! :)
- only the arena allow fighting.... and of course, if users are older in the game than you, you have no chance to win the arena/gym!
- 3 step system, removed (without information), pokeradar/pokevision/pokemesh, the "community patch"... shutdowned and still no solution
- fake gps ... people are forced to use fake gps to get all the pokemon .... (I will not go to australia just to catch a kangourex <= sorry, french name), while trading should be so easy to create !
(and I always want to keep in mind that my 8yo daughter can play the game without finding dangerous people)

so I'm back to work !! :)
I have made some update/change :
Especially in design => I still need any designer/graphist to recreate all the picture and create the website from scratch, so if you are interested, contact me
Went to android studio (i was using eclipse since now)
Upgrade in the "map" (I was using google map V1, now i'm in V2) .... as a side effect, the apk is now 10Mo (while it was 5Mo before...i'm sorry :( )
changing the available phonster depending on your starter to be more "accurate" with the pokemon ID <= I hope I will be able to change the picture+text to fit pokemon too... but not using their image :)

Next step will be the following :
- put an option for the google map zoom (minor change)
- change the font color/size in the shop (minor change)
- create an internet arena (to allow people to play while at home with no possibilities to go out and still have fun) <= that's the worst feedback everytime "When i'm at home your game is useless"

when these points will be cleared, I will take care of "weakness" (fire < water) a little bit more and especially the "capacities" of every attacks (lullaby from a jigglypuff will put your pokemon in sleep... I want the same effect on my phonster)
reactivate the gym <= a lvl 10 phonster will no more listen to you if you don't have the lvl 10 gym badge (like charizard in the cartoon)
when the gym will be OK, I should be able to put fight against NPC at the same time

I'm back at job ... and will not disappoint you all who believe in me and my game !
Thanks you all for your support

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

i am just releasing a pokemon type game named Phonster
    In this game, YOU are Ash... YOU have to move around your home /your world to catch pokemon (i change the name to Phonster : Phone Monster for not having problem with Nintendo ;))

So you begin the game with 1 of 3 kind of pokemon : water, earth, fire and you have to complete a pokedex
    By now the features already available are :

Catch a phonster
    Raise his level by defeating other phonster
    Learn new attacks when you reach a level
    Evolve to 2nd and 3rd generation (not for everyone) when lvl required is reached (or when leveling when carrying an item<= not finished)
    Trade phonster via internet connection

Actually the game is in french AND english (depending on the language of your androphone), available since 2.0 android version (apk10 to be exact)
    Website is still in french.

If i post today, it's for some reason :
    - i need some person to confirm my english translation in the game
    - i seek someone to translate in english the whole internet site (seek for Phonster on google (not play store!) to find the site)
    - i seek someone who will have a little bit more of graphic abilities than mine (check the website, you will understand what i mean ;))
    - if someone feel it, other translation (german, italian, etc...) are welcomed
    - and the most of all... i seek users who will like to trade, xp, etc... their phonster ! :)

Futures features:
    - Breeding phonster to have babies
    - Tournament (on the internet website)
    - every idea are welcomed !

(and please excuse if my sentence are not grammaticaly correct...i'm french :))
    A good explanation, with pictures, etc here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36495115&postcount=13

BE CAREFUL : My game is not yet on the play store (ex google market) !If you found it on the market, don't pay for it this is a scam !!!
    the GOOD link (and always uptodate) can be found here http://www.myphonster.com/

Actual version is 0.74
    Found it on Google.
    http://www.android-software.fr/phonster

Download link :
    http://favarsinfo.free.fr/apk/Phonster.apk

Phonster1-144x240.jpg

Phonster3.jpg
    Phonster11.jpg
    Phonster5.jpg
    Phonster2.jpg
    Phonster12.jpg
    Phonster8.jpg
    Phonster13.jpg

Google Translate:
    This game is currently in Alpha version was created by the developer in the same idea that Pokémon type game, but this time on Android.
    In principle, you play as a hunter so Phonster (equivalent Pokemons in the world today) and, as Sacha Bourg-palette, you will travel the world to catch these monsters.
    Using a mobile device Android equipped with a GPS, you should survey your area to fight and capture monsters, evolve and become the best trainer Phonster.

To describe the game itself even the Phonsters appear in a radius of 500 meters around you, and if you move too far away they will disappear, while others will replace them.

The game runs in stand-alone, that is to say that once started and the first game created with an Internet connection, you will not need it to play. The game will not download the Google Map, but you can always find and play. Once recovered Wifi, you can at this point start international trade, etc.).
    - Safari: launch safari
    - DEX: Displays the equivalent of the Pokedex
    - Belt: Phonster see what you take with you
    - Shop: not yet available
    - Check lises update: check for updates if available
    - New Part (a zero discount) restart a new game, with loss of dex, belt, etc..

Safari:
    When you click this button, you will see a Google Map. On it will then appear depending on your location (determined by GPS or GSM) 6 Phonsters within a radius of 500 meters.

On the screenshot below you can see:
    - An arena (if reached level 10)
    - 3 exclamation points, which symbolize Phonster you have not seen yet (not caught either)
    - A Phonster purple, bottom right (Phonster just seen but not caught)
    - A green circle indicates the area of ​​the net capture the most potent (50, 100 or 200 meters). You can see one Phonster nearby, it will be closer to capture.

View the rest on the website.
    New release tonight ! (v86 / V87 for nightly)
    As i told you, some great change on this version !
    - Some news in design*
    - update button is now in "settings" (i have a little bug here, there is no more "popup" to tell you something is working in background)
    - You now have a message if you have not send for on internet
    - fighting system totally recreated, with an "IA"(who can fly, fight and heal himself 1 time if needed)
    --- you can now heal another phonster that's not on the floor while in fight
    --- you now have a lifebar
    --- you now have a chance of critical and miss (opponent too)
    --- XP is now equally dispatched between every phonster who take place in the fight and who are still alive at the end of the fight
    (you can't fly from fighting...little bug sorry, but you can still press back button ;D)

*Thanks to Odysseus for his help in all the design
    The game will be available maybe soon on the market, but for the moment, please visit http://www.myphonster.com (and be sure you have activated "unknown source" in your settings <= an howto is available on my website)
    Is this development same with this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2082508

Sent From Walk-MAN By Using Thumbs To Your Retina

Absolutely nothing to see with this game.
    The game you mention is a "plateform game"
    Mine is a "GPS run" (maybe i will have to register this term... ;))