[Android 2.2+][11.11.2011][v1.3] CF.lumen (for Chainfire 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
THIS APP AND THREAD HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY THIS ONE HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711912

CF.lumen changes the colors of your Android device's display based on the position of the sun. With the default settings, your display will get a warmer tint (lower color temperature) when the sun is down, to look more like indoor lighting and less like the sun, which causes less strain on your eyes and doesn't keep you awake as much.

This is an addon for Chainfire3D, you need to have both Chainfire3D and Chainfire3D Pro installed to be able to use CF.lumen

With the default settings, blue tints will be reduced in brightness when the sun goes down. This reduces how much looking at the screen keeps your brain awake later at night. If you have sleeping problems, you should definitely be using this. Do yourself a favor and install similar software ("f.lux") on your PC as well - it fixed my sleeping cycle.

There is also a full-on sleep mode that runs on a pre-set schedule. By default it shows the entire screen in red, so as to not destroy your night vision when you look at it.

When you want the screen to look normal for a bit (for example for gaming or looking at pictures) simply tap the notification in the notification tray to disable CF.lumen until the next time you turn on the screen.

Additionally, it can also use the light sensor to automagically switch to sleep mode when it is fully dark. HOWEVER, you should be aware that most devices do not have a sensitive enough light sensor to detect the difference between house light and darkness, so this function may not work very well on your device.

Last but not least, a function is also provided to turn off the screen based on proximity sensor activity.

---

Link to Android Market (desktop):
https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d.cflumen

Link to Android Market (mobile):
market://details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d.cflumen

Attachments

• cflumen-screenshot-normal.png
    cflumen-screenshot-normal.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,747
  • cflumen-screenshot-3400k.png
    cflumen-screenshot-3400k.png
    47 KB · Views: 3,140
  • cflumen-screenshot-red.png
    cflumen-screenshot-red.png
    35 KB · Views: 2,955
Last edited:

zisk1

May 11, 2011
If you have sleeping problems, you should definitely be using this. Do yourself a favor and install similar software on your PC as well - it fixed my sleeping cycle.

Chainfire: Which software do you recommend.
Thank you

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
Location problem

Hmm....market still shows v1.0.:confused:

BTW: Do you sleep sometime?:D

+1, show 1.0 as installed.
I can't get it to work, because when I click Location it just keeps trying Finding location... I left it there a couple times for 15 mins... nada. (GPS and Network location turned on).

Maybe a simple Latitude/Long field would help?

Thanks for another interesting app! :)

Ohh, and Chainfire3D Pro working with NVIDIA plugins here.

bentez2003

Nov 26, 2009
Chainfire, just wanted to thank you for your ingenious work, your out of the box thinking is the reason I run nearly all of your apps.. Never stop making me say "I didn't even think that was possible!"

swm5126

Dec 11, 2009
Works pretty well, except for that when it's enabled, it seems to somehow turn off the fade screen transition in CM7 when you hit the home key. The screen still correctly shrinks, but once it shrinks it just waits for a split second, then disappears. Normally it shrinks and fades at the same time. This isn't a big deal really but I figured I'd post it here in case I'm not the only one.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Really love your work chainfire :) can we have an option to disable notifications in taskbar.

Still thinking about how to best do that. In the newer Android versions (Gingerbread and up) you actually HAVE to have that icon to make sure Android doesn't constantly kill the background service.

Alternatives are for example to restart the service on a timer, I think I'll build that in at some point.

Reactions: speedypoint

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
CF.lumen updated to v1.2

Changelog:

- "Sleep in the dark" now checks for proximity as well as light levels
- "Bright light" mode added, switches to Day mode in bright light even when in Sundown or Night mode
- "Notification Mode" settings added. Can remove notification. WARNING: Doing so may lead to CF.lumen being shut down by Android at random times.

avgjoemomma

Jul 15, 2010
Can you add the option for the bright light mode to switch to night sundown mode instead of day mode? I'm also seeing 7-8% CPU usage with the proximity sensor enabled. I like the idea of this feature for battery savings (example, putting the phone in my pocket and having the screen turn off immediately) so if there is any way to tweak the battery consumption it would be great! Would you be able to have the icon displayed change to reflect the mode it's in? For example a sun for daytime, moon for sunset mode, etc.?

One last thing, noticed that the Sleep filter setting does not get saved with version 1.1. It says Unknown even after you have selected a filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS APP AND THREAD HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY THIS ONE HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711912

CF.lumen changes the colors of your Android device's display based on the position of the sun. With the default settings, your display will get a warmer tint (lower color temperature) when the sun is down, to look more like indoor lighting and less like the sun, which causes less strain on your eyes and doesn't keep you awake as much.

This is an addon for Chainfire3D, you need to have both Chainfire3D and Chainfire3D Pro installed to be able to use CF.lumen

With the default settings, blue tints will be reduced in brightness when the sun goes down. This reduces how much looking at the screen keeps your brain awake later at night. If you have sleeping problems, you should definitely be using this. Do yourself a favor and install similar software ("f.lux") on your PC as well - it fixed my sleeping cycle.

There is also a full-on sleep mode that runs on a pre-set schedule. By default it shows the entire screen in red, so as to not destroy your night vision when you look at it.

When you want the screen to look normal for a bit (for example for gaming or looking at pictures) simply tap the notification in the notification tray to disable CF.lumen until the next time you turn on the screen.

Additionally, it can also use the light sensor to automagically switch to sleep mode when it is fully dark. HOWEVER, you should be aware that most devices do not have a sensitive enough light sensor to detect the difference between house light and darkness, so this function may not work very well on your device.

Last but not least, a function is also provided to turn off the screen based on proximity sensor activity.

---

Link to Android Market (desktop):
    https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d.cflumen

Link to Android Market (mobile):
    market://details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d.cflumen
    --- reserved post ---
    --- reserved post ---
    v1.3

Minor bugfix release v1.3:

- Minor crash fixes
    - Current color filter display no longer says "Unknown"
    - CPU usage reduced
    - Power usage reduced
    Yeah I use F.lux as well. App updated to v1.1, by the way :)
    Hmm....market still shows v1.0.:confused:

BTW: Do you sleep sometime?:D