Body Glove Red Case

Search This thread

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
This is my third different case and by far the most favorite I've bought. It's stylish feels decent in the hand and I love the how the red pops off of it. If I damage it I'll probably be sad.

As mentioned earlier, be careful when you slide it on your phone. Any sharp plastic edges will scratch the chrome finish on the bevel of the phone. Fits the phone perfectly look-wise and size-wise.

Last edited:

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH
This is my third different case and by far the most favorite I've bought. It's stylish feels decent in the hand and I love the how the red pops off of it. If I damage it I'll probably be sad.

considering how they can be had for as little as ten bucks (five for the grey ones!) on amazon, i won't be all that sad. i'll be happy it was a ten dollar case that can be replaced for practically nothing instead of the outside of my expensive pocket computer.

rsohne

Mar 4, 2007
Got mine yesterday and have to say it is a classy case. Was even happier when it fit in the VZW holster that came with their kickstand case.:D

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
Only thing I didn't like about this case was that the bottom piece would clip out very easy. Link in a car mount in a car mount I had when I tried to take it out it would make the bottom piece come off.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
Mine comes in Monday, can't wait. Been goin' naked a lot longer than I'd like.
I was in the same situation. I've been going naked totally almost exclusively. When I first bought the phone I bought the black official Verizon case with it. Didn't like the feel of it. Also I bought the anti-glare screen protectors, I knew how they made the screens look (grainy) because I bought them for my X2 and hated them, I don't know why the hell I bought them again, I immediately took the first protector off and said screw it. After a week I bought a $5 case that has grippers on the side. It has a shiny/dull back that's in the shape of my S. That felt decent, but didn't like that either.

Now this case is slightly bulky compared to the thermoplastic ones, but I just like the sturdiness in my hand better. Also I went to Verizon and bought regular glossy screen protectors for my screen. I've been naked for about 2 months and figured it was time to fully protect my phone. After 20 minutes I was able to get the first screen protector on their nearly perfectly except for one little tiny air bubble on the very edge that doesn't bother me. Phone looks great in it, not overly bulky like an Otterbox, but much better looking. I love the red in back and the black chrome line towards the bottom...

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Some pictures...

100_0115.jpg

100_0116.jpg

100_0017.jpg

Last edited:

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH
this case plus the realook screen protectors makes for a very attractive and effective protection without a lot of bulk or taking away from the appearance of the phone. i thought this was too flashy for my tastes until i saw it in person, at which point i really liked it.

the realook screen protectors are absolutely fantastic too. they go edge to edge, covering every bit of the glass, so you can't tell it's there - no seams. it doesn't distort the screen, there's no rainbow effect, and it feels like touching the original glass, not plastic. best screen protector i've ever come across - they should be invisible.

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
this case plus the realook screen protectors makes for a very attractive and effective protection without a lot of bulk or taking away from the appearance of the phone. i thought this was too flashy for my tastes until i saw it in person, at which point i really liked it.

the realook screen protectors are absolutely fantastic too. they go edge to edge, covering every bit of the glass, so you can't tell it's there - no seams. it doesn't distort the screen, there's no rainbow effect, and it feels like touching the original glass, not plastic. best screen protector i've ever come across - they should be invisible.

I was able to get a very good result with just the Verizon screen protectors. Except they don't go edge to edge, they're about an 1/8" off the edge of the screen on all sides, but other than that you can pretty much get them on without any bubbles if you take your time and have a piece of tap handy to grab any specs of dust. Feels good to the touch and if you get on on correct the only way you can tell its there is with the seams on the sides.

Feb 3, 2011
I was in the same situation. I've been going naked totally almost exclusively. When I first bought the phone I bought the black official Verizon case with it. Didn't like the feel of it. Also I bought the anti-glare screen protectors, I knew how they made the screens look (grainy) because I bought them for my X2 and hated them, I don't know why the hell I bought them again, I immediately took the first protector off and said screw it. After a week I bought a $5 case that has grippers on the side. It has a shiny/dull back that's in the shape of my S. That felt decent, but didn't like that either.

Now this case is slightly bulky compared to the thermoplastic ones, but I just like the sturdiness in my hand better.
Agreed, my sentiments exactly. Mine literally just came in and it feels so much better in hand now.

Gotta get home tonight and try to apply screen protector.

Small world, too. Had a X2 before this. :D

Definitely worth the purchase.

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
Agreed, my sentiments exactly. Mine literally just came in and it feels so much better in hand now.

Goodluck with that. Literally took me 10 minutes to get my first one the way I wanted. Surprised after 10 mins it was still usable because usually after 10 mins there's so much dust on it I just give up and start over on a new one.

After a few days I definitely love the case and it made it worth it to put a screen protector on the phone finally to give it fully protection. I had a couple people comment that they thought the matte red finish was nice. The nice look goes with the phone.

Last edited:

mxair2001

Jul 19, 2011

Another former X2 owner myself :) Also bought this case and absolutely love it. Its easy to get the phone out and I'm a Texas Tech fan so the Red/Black colors are perfect!

-mxair2001

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
received mine in the mail yesterday....what a beautiful case! everything about it is top notch. it does add a slight amount of bulk to the back, but not much more than a normal hard case. if you want the thinnest cases available for the rezound you will have to go with a gel style case. This really is the nicest case i have had on any phone, ever.

Abu-7abash

Feb 21, 2011
Amman
Just bought one from ebay, already have the gel s-shaped one and its fine but I just couldn't resist this one xD

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

06stang

Jun 25, 2010
Albuquerque
Yeah dropped it while running with my dog. Phone is perfect so the case did its thing but its scratched and chipped all along one side and the back.

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH
nice. sounds like that's exactly the outcome you want. they're easily replaced, unlike your expensive pocket computer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. This case is awesome. I first wanted one when I got my Skullcandy case for my iPod touch and have been waiting for one built for an Android phone since. I like the case because it doesnt fall apart like other hard cases when its dropped. It slides together with the small black bottom piece and stays together. I found it pretty cheap on eBay and would highly recommend it. Matches the phone colors perfect with the deep red.

http://www.bodyglovemobile.com/product/htc-rezound-icon-case-red-flat-back-no-clip,339,19.htm

9248201.jpg
    Yup! Surely is :) ill let you guys know how it is when I receive it in the mail

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Hey fellas. My case came in yesterday! :) this case surpassed my expectations. The red color is more of a dark metallic color and actually looks pretty beastly. All my prior phones (blackberries, voyager, incredible, DROID x, thunderbolt, gnex have had black cases but I really have to say that the color on this case is the shnit. I love the soft rubber feel and like the nice lip around the screen. Thin enough to keep the phone thin but thick enough to keep the phone safe in case of drops to the face. The interior has a quality feel (soft velour) to it and the phones fits snugly in the case. The case is also easy to connect together and remove for easy battery swaps. I have a otterbox commuter case coming in as well but I think I'll be keeping this one on more often except for when I need added protection or a more professional look for business meetings, etc, etc. I'll post pics tomorrow and will post back about my quick thoughts for the commuter case..

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Theres a tiny bit of paint chipping where the two pieces meet. It also seems like theres a bit of metal underneath that paint. Maybe its just chrome plastic. This case looks to be of much better quality then previous cases made by body glove

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    I just purchased this. I've been looking for a decent case. I did like the Body Glove when I had it on my Original Droid, although it was a poor design because of the Droid's slide-out keyboard, but I still liked the feel of it. Looking forward to this. I should get it by the end of this week coming up.