Best Android non-PDF Reader Apps for NST

Search This thread
May 6, 2014
I installed AlReader for pc .
Unfortunately it create a different file (.alm) not (.mrk) as on Nook.I am bit disappointed. :crying:

Anyway I thought of contacting the developer.But the entire forum is in Russian. I can read via Google Translator.

Anyone here who can request the developer in Russian or found any solution ?

My only hope is Ranate NST's Reader app

Thank you

Last edited:

keldi

May 6, 2014
The PC-version of AlReader isn't developing now, and it's not compatible with Android-version.

The only way to synchronize the highlights in AlReader to Computer is to install Android-emulator with AlReader app:

1. Install BlueStacks on PC.
2. Download AlReader-apk from official site and run it in BlueStacks.
3. Copy from your Nook:
- the files with books;
- the files .mrk: they only have the information what text in your book must be highlighted (without quick opening the fragment in book with this text);
- the file favorAR.db (from sdcard/AlReader or somewhere similar): this SQLite-database has information about bookmarks.
The path to the books and .mrk files in Android emulator must be the same as on your Nook (or you may edit the paths to books in favoAR.db).

After all, as a result, you have Android with AlReader on your PC (and may be it's possible sync it with AlReader on your Nook with something like dropsync). But it's not look like just having synchronization of highlights to some reader-program on PC, so it's up to you to decide is it worth to do or not.

ayllu

Feb 28, 2011
La Paz
Trying, alreader, stock reader and cool reader i decided to use cool reader, because has the option to underline instead of highlights that make text more readeble, and is do better in multiples pages, is intuitive, and also its easy to export the highlights to a txt file and navigate on all underline txt, alreader has the wonderful option to see the end notes as foot notes, that is some i love it, and the style for books its more configurable, and looks nice very nice, but its not much intuitive for highlights, but save all citations in a txt o mkr file so no export is needed.

The main think of a reader app for me is the manage of underline text, and export it, will be better if files can be save in db file, so you get almost a data base of all your marks with order , and the option to categorize them, also is nice the possibility of view foot notes in the same page, and also a nice smooth view for text easy to configurate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FBReader for NST

We released FBReader "special edition" for NST today. It supports NST keys and NST screen fast update. I cannot post url's here (I have < 10 messages on the forum), just look for the latest (12th of Jan 2014) news on the fbreader.org site.
    I 'm currently trying coolreader and find it very nice and fast and easy to use but like with alreader I cannot control screen refresh (with alreader I finally made it work..) It refreshes every page with both fast and fast2 modes... Is there any "trick" I must try?
    Thanks in advance

Uh. I thought those settings are working but they are not working for mee too. Anyway, I always like full refresh on every page. Text is much sharper and clearer. I can see the difference between a single "no refresh" page turn and "with refresh". The outlines of the text is sharper and without the artifacts from the previous page. Cool Reader refreshes except when you are between 5 seconds. I thought it is able to change but it looks like it's buggy. Maybe we can report it and they fix it.

There is a non working setting for Full screen update interval.
    On the Alreader forum, if you scroll down a bit on the first post, you'll see an Eink specific version of Alreader. Perhaps this will solve your problem: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=340035
    I've been making my own Nook reader which works on other devices too.
    Right now it's more a proof of principle.
    Still, it's good enough now that it's my only reader.
    It's missing a lot of features still, but it has:

Portrait/Landscape/Auto modes
    Epub variable font sizes, variable line spacing, variable margins.
    Pdf variable overscan.
    Can read library books.
    Progress stripe at the bottom.

I think that it has better page turns than the stock reader, which is surprising.

Edit: Follow the thread at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2728769
    There is a patch for better font sizes, see: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43393044&highlight=nook121patch+zip#post43393044
    You need to apktool d, mergesmali, apktool b and jarsigner.
    Depending on your needs and how you do things you may need to resign your Nook's system.
    There is stuff about resigning in the rest of that thread.