"Android OS" suspend process battery drain bug!

Are you facing this issue?

• Total voters
Search This thread

cheeyeen

Aug 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Mine. uploadfromtaptalk1353847291611.jpg
Google Backup Transport was frozen with TitBkup (but not removed) since 2 hr 52 min ago.

ROM: RemICS-JB v3.0
Kernel: Revolution Kernel v1.5FIX; SIO, SmartAssV2, 300 - 1000 MHz
V6 supercharger applied.

EDIT: The % of Android OS is gradually dropping and it's now only 12% vs screen on at 30%... Probably because I was having screen on.

UPDATE: New cycle drained 5% after 1 hr plus. And android OS took 51% of it, it hit 60% the other day. O_O

So I tried googling and found a very simple suggestion, which is to wipe cache in recovery mode. So i did that and rebooted. The Android OS took only 12% instead of 50% now. I'm leaving it on for some time and will report back if it recurs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry, didn't see the poll before :p

I don't remember seeing this issue on customized kpq or kph, but I am seeing it on cm7. I'm testing something right now so I can't test anything else you mentioned...
    Google backup feature doesn't work for me either. Used other apps like MyBackPro for contacts and sms and Titanim for apps.
    Anyway I deleted google backup transport. will update the feedback soon.
    thanks!
    Final update:
    I have isolated the bug to
    1. Google backup transport
    2. Organizer widget

I have removed them both, and now my standby drain is as low as 2-6 mA!

Also, I have re-enabled background data and the drain has not come back, so it is excluded.
    Final update:
    I have isolated the bug to
    1. Google backup transport
    2. Organizer widget

I have removed them both, and now my standby drain is as low as 2-6 mA!

Also, I have re-enabled background data and the drain has not come back, so it is excluded.

Where to find it and how to remove it?

Edit: ow okay.i thought it cant be found in system/app. I removed it via root explorer.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium