[APP][2.1+][ROOT] Usb Host Controller 0.42

Search This thread

Azaraith

Jan 1, 2011
Any chance this will let us use USB DACs with the otg cable? Haven't been able to find a way to make that work yet...

Reactions: RLC44

sztupy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
Reactions: Azaraith

sztupy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 21, 2008
Edinburgh
sztupy.hu
OP. I have the same question too. I have been trying to figure out a way to connect to USB DAC(like Fiio E7) to my galaxy s & S2. Can we expect this from you ?

Check the previous post. Unfortunately due to hardware and software limitations of the OTG controller in the SGS and SGS2, it might not work. Besides as I don't have an usb audio card, I can't actually test / develop for it.

gackaass

Nov 11, 2009
Thanks for your functional app :)

by the way ... I couldn't mount my fat32 patriot memory with your app dude!
whilst I can do that by Q5 usb memory manager easily ... I have Xperia Neo ...
My problem or not supported totally?

xp3rto

May 11, 2011
hyderabad
www.facebook.com
cant download it from market error message "unknown error code during application installation - "110" "
while i tried to do it manually it say "application not installed"

Like HTC

Aug 28, 2010
Htc Desire Z

Does this work on htc desire z?? (quelcom msm 7230)
Or do we need something else??

Pieeet

Jan 2, 2011
Enable USB audio

There's a lot of people asking for enabling USB audio ie connect to a DAC or car system. Check issue at code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24614 Maybe you could get some help there.
Also please upvote the Issue so it might get some attention.

aaron1006

Jan 2, 2011
Pataskala
Does anyone know if this would work on a Droid X or perhaps Kindle Fire? I have a OTG cable on the way soon to test for myself, but it's coming from China so it could be awhile and just wondering what to expect.

P.S I also have a Fiio E7 and would absolutely LOVE to see USB audio support in the future!

Atul Kaji

Feb 3, 2012
Usability on Samsung Galaxy Note

I have Galaxy Note and OTG cable. Using cable I can see contents of pen drives etc without additionally installing this application. I've external hard disk (1 terra byte cap. having fat32 partition), but it is not detected.

Whether this additional application benefits me?

Regards,

Last edited:

|=>AmuzZ<=|

Jun 24, 2011
Moshi
hey guys jus downloaded and installed on my EVO 3D after clicking on open it jus says please wait...
stuck there for more then 10mins

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usb Host Controller

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Shows enumerated usb devices, and allows you to mount external mass storage devices to the filesystem. Supports advanced features like the ability to reload partition tables and reseting USB devices. It can also control the USB Host functionality of S5PC210 devices with the appropriate kernel patch (more about this later)

The application does not use the USB Host API, so it can also run on older, 2.x devices. Because of that however almost all functionality (except for the listing of USB devices) requires root access.

The application needs a device that has USB Host (or USB OTG) functionality. Most modern high-end devices have this ability. Check the documentation and specification of your device (this functionality is usually called USB OTG or USB Host)

If your device doesn't have native USB OTG functionality, there are kernel patches for some older devices to enable the functionality, most notably for:

- S5PC210 based Samsung phones (Galaxy S, Captivate, Nexus S)
    - QSD8250 based HTC phones (G1, Nexus One, Desire, Incredible)

You can find appropriate kernel drivers for these phones here:
    - Samsung phones: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1450298
    - HTC phones: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/

Note that these drivers might require skills to install, and may damage your phone and void your warranty!
    Changelog and downloads

The application can always be downloaded from the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=hu.sztupy.android.usbhostcontroller If you have Market, please download it from there. Thanks.

Version 0.44 Download: http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/usbhost/UsbHostController-0.44.apk

Fixed:
    • Crashes on some devices when getting wireless wifi data

Version 0.42 Download: http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/usbhost/UsbHostController-0.42.apk

Fixed:
    • Crashes on orientation change while opening the application

Version 0.4 Download: http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/usbhost/UsbHostController-0.4.apk

Fixed:
    • Crashes on pre-gingerbread devices
    • Crashes when using some ad-blockers

Version 0.3 Download: http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/usbhost/UsbHostController-0.3.apk

Fixed:
    • Massive instability on JVU/gingerbread
    • Various other gingerbread fixes

Version 0.2 Download: http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/usbhost/UsbHostController-0.2.apk

Fixed:
    • Increased stability

Added features:
    • real-time dmesg logging
    • reload partition table of devices
    • reset USB devices
    • turn off device charging (S5PC210 devices only)
    • multiple mount points support
    • Hungarian localization

Version 0.1 Download: http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/usbhost/UsbHostController-0.1.apk
    • Initial release
    Help/FAQ

What is this good for?

Usb Host Controller let's you see what devices are connected to your phone, and also lets you mount external drives.

There are already a lot of apps for that

Yes, but UHC has some distinctive features:
    • To enumerate devices it does not use neither the USB Host API, nor external applications, like lsusb from busybox. Instead it reads the information from the filesystem, which is always avialable, therefore it can be used to debug all kinds of devices which have USB host support.
    • It has a special features to help control the USB Host mode of S5PC210 based Samsung devices (Galaxy S, Nexus S, etc.)
    • It also has some features usually not available (even from the command line), like the ability to reload the partition information, and the ability to reset USB devices

How to use

Most of the functionality should be straightforward, but the USB tab might need some clarification:

The USB tab shows all the USB devices connected to your phone, that have been found by the system. Below the devices you can see all of the USB Mass Storage devices (external hard drives, flash drives, other Android phones, etc.), with their avialable partitions. You can click on any line, and based on the line you click on you will have a list of options to choose from:

• Clicking on an USB device in the upper part lets you reset that device. Sometimes mice, and keyboards need to be reset for them to work correctly.
    • Clicking on a partition lets you mount it to a mount point. The application will ask you where you want to mount it. The list of mount points can be set inside the settings panel. If the partition is mounted you can unmount it here.
    • Clicking on a Mass Storage Device (not on the partitions, but the base device above tha partitions) will lets you reset the hard drive, or reload the partition table of the disk. The latter is useful, if the system doesn't recognize a change in its partition information. This is usually needed, if you connect an external card reader, and you insert or remove a card from it. It also makes conecting other Android phones as storage possible, as they will not send their partition tables until you switch the USB Storage mode on them on.

What are the options if I have an S5PC210 based phone
    The application lets you change how the USB Host is working in the S5PC210 based kernels (and currently only on those!). The avialable modes are:

• Client: Default mode, means no matter what happens the phone stays in client (USB gadget) mode
    • Host: No matter what happens, the phone switches to host mode and stays there. Not recommended.
    • OTG: The phone is in client mode by default but changes to host mode if an OTG cable is detected.
    • Auto-host: The phone is in client mode by default but changes to host mode if any type of cable is detected. (good for homemade OTG cables where pins 4-5 are not shorted)

Using Host mode is not recommended, as the root hub of the S3C Host driver won't re-enumerate devices if they are changed (It is still useful for debug purposes). If you need host mode use either OTG mode (preferred if you have a valid OTG cable, which means it has the 4th pin grounded), or auto-host mode, which you should use if you have a "non valid" OTG cable (on which the 4th pin is not connected)
    What info/files you need, so that you can add support to other devices?

Sent from my Derp using XDA Herp

If the device has USB host mode (most newer high-end devices and tablets, from that even most chinese ones), this app should work on it just fine.

If it doesn't have, but the chip supports it then a willing developer needs to try to enable it. I'm only working on S5PC210 (Hummingbird) based phones, as I have only access to them. Patches for QSD8250 (Snapdragon) based phones are available though.

If the device has a chip without USB host support (most low-end / mid-range phones) then sorry, this is not possible.
    App mounts external drive,but contents is not visible. Reports s3c usb host driver not found. Any ideas? ((btw no other app works at mounting the drive:just yours. Great job)

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

App mounts external drive,but contents is not visible. Reports s3c usb host driver not found. Any ideas? ((btw no other app works at mounting the drive:just yours. Great job)

S3c driver only visible if you have an s3c otg controller (samsung phones). Please post a dmesg log (after connecting the device) if you can, i'll check it

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App