[Kernel][SEP 9] Blackout BeastMode v3.0 [Tweaked to the MAX!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Damn_Smooth

May 27, 2010
We used to have problems with very low frequencies and background processes (like music playing/streaming ect) when the phone was idle/screen off specifically with DHD's and Sensations - from my memory - and possibly other devices... especially when undervolted as well. Regardless that our devices are a dual core s4, 192MHz x2, is still quite a low setting.

I'm running 192 min. and I listen to music daily at work. I haven't had an issue waking the phone up yet. I'll let you know if that changes though.

sbryan12144

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2010
Columbus
I'm running 192 min. and I listen to music daily at work. I haven't had an issue waking the phone up yet. I'll let you know if that changes though.

With older architecture, some kernels couldn't handle it. But with krait, deep sleep responds very well with the 192. I might test lower, but there's a good chance I won't need to drop it lower.

Sent from my HTC One XL

Reactions: Damn_Smooth

focussoft

I had this rinning but at 2.1Gh the back of my phone started getting real hot while just browsing forums
So i desided to drop it down to 1.89 or something with setcpu
Somehow quadrant still manages to set it back to 2.1 somehow though

I reinstalled rebel rom without this awesome kernel because im afraid to burn my cpu, as it seems setcpu Does not lock the frequency good enough

Will install it again if it comes without oc

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Damn_Smooth

May 27, 2010
With older architecture, some kernels couldn't handle it. But with krait, deep sleep responds very well with the 192. I might test lower, but there's a good chance I won't need to drop it lower.

Sent from my HTC One XL

That explains it then. :D

Thanks again for the kernal man, I'm loving it and looking forward to all future releases.

Shaddy-Z.

Dec 19, 2010
Wiping my cache and dalvik helped a lot with locking in voltages. I also started using no frills CPU for setting them. And I still use setCPU for my screen off profile. I'm currently UV'd at 192/1.2 and my battery life is great and the phone is still snappy. OTG next! Haha :p but really this kernel is great. I can't really find anything else to flash at the moment since this is so smooth and reliable. Currently on Xi40 r123 + beastmode 2.0

Reactions: focussoft

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Xi40 r126 + Beast mode v2.0.1 = Best battery life I've ever had. And performance too.

Sent from my sexy white HTC One X on T-Mobile ;)

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
Wiping my cache and dalvik helped a lot with locking in voltages. I also started using no frills CPU for setting them. And I still use setCPU for my screen off profile. I'm currently UV'd at 192/1.2 and my battery life is great and the phone is still snappy. OTG next! Haha :p but really this kernel is great. I can't really find anything else to flash at the moment since this is so smooth and reliable. Currently on Xi40 r123 + beastmode 2.0

Btw love your avitar

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

davep1982

May 21, 2012
well guys, for those of you that still get recovery boot loops, you can reflash TWRP with goo manager and your recovery boot loops are gone :) weird part was im on rebel rom witch says its 4.0.3 and i still got recovery loops, any ways thats a quick fix i wanted to share with you guys :)

How many tries did it take you? I've been using this method with no luck for 2 hours and still can't get into recovery.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
How many tries did it take you? I've been using this method with no luck for 2 hours and still can't get into recovery.

All I did was move the recovery to the adb folder on my computer. Then with phone in fast boot I typed "fastboot flash recovery insertrecoveryhere.IMG" then in boot loader click on recovery. It might not boot into recovery first time so reboot the phone and then reboot into recovery again. Should work :)

davep1982

May 21, 2012
All I did was move the recovery to the adb folder on my computer. Then with phone in fast boot I typed "fastboot flash recovery insertrecoveryhere.IMG" then in boot loader click on recovery. It might not boot into recovery first time so reboot the phone and then reboot into recovery again. Should work :)

Tried that several times to no avail. I just did a cache erase in fast boot and it restored original kernel and recovery works now.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Root-Maniac

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
:beer: here have a beer to help with the updated version... I would donate but have alot of crap going on, my truck needs repair, wifes car needs repair etc...

Better yet have a 6-pack :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my Nocturnal'd HOX in beastmode.

sbryan12144

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2010
Columbus
:beer: here have a beer to help with the updated version... I would donate but have alot of crap going on, my truck needs repair, wifes car needs repair etc...

Better yet have a 6-pack :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my Nocturnal'd HOX in beastmode.

Ok guys. I'll be releasing v2.1 when I wake up :)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Minor723

Oct 5, 2010
Cleveland
I went from a 4.0.3 rom straight to 2.0.1 beastmode and it totally didnt work. I just downloaded the zip and flashed in twrp.

1st. I flashed the 1.8ghz mode and when I booted it was 2.1 ghz.
2nd. after rebooting I was stuck in bootloop and had to use the fi on your website and reflash boot and recovery and factory reset.

What happened? did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Minor723

Oct 5, 2010
Cleveland
I went from a 4.0.3 rom straight to 2.0.1 beastmode and it totally didnt work. I just downloaded the zip and flashed in twrp.

1st. I flashed the 1.8ghz mode and when I booted it was 2.1 ghz.
2nd. after rebooting I was stuck in bootloop and had to use the fi on your website and reflash boot and recovery and factory reset.

What happened? did I do something wrong?

Thanks

I am just going to try it again, I was flashing all over the place. I might have had wacky bootloaders.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

I am just going to try it again, I was flashing all over the place. I might have had wacky bootloaders.

Well, I flashed again, and I am back to bootloops. I dont know what is going on, every time I flash this its breaking my recovery.

Has anyone else had this happen or know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    headercqt.png

10dtqms.png
    This will only work on 4.0.4 roms!
    (I will make a 4.0.3 version as well)
    Features:
    -Based on 2.34 source code
    -Aroma Installer for Custom OC Options
    -OCable to Max 2.1ghz and Min 192mhz
    -UVed slightly for better battery saving
    -Added a ton of Governors
    -Slightly dimmed capacitive buttons like it should be (2ma)
    -OCed GPU to 300/500mhz
    -Simple I/O Scheduler as default

Download v3.0:
    HERE

Instructions:
    Install from recovery (TWRP ONLY)
    Then reboot!

Note: USE AT OWN RISK. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT MAY OCCUR.

Source:
    https://github.com/sbryan12144/BeastMode-Elite

Special Thanks:
    -Mdeejay, show-p, marc1706, and tytung for their inspiring kernel work.
    -zarboz and ca1ne for their great help!
    -Team Illuminati for tweaking the ramdisk for me and finding out the ramdisk problem in 4.0.4.
    -My teammates for pushing me to do my best
    -Scott for being a good friend and helping where he can.
    -And all users who supports Team Blackout's work!​
    v3.0 is OUT!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!
    CHANNEL LOG

Code:
    [B][CENTER]BeastMode v3.0[/CENTER][/B]
    -Will Update this sortly. Check my github source for channel log

[B][CENTER]BeastMode v2.1[/CENTER][/B]
    -Added Aroma Options:
    --OC Min
    --GPU OC
    -New Flashing Method (thanks Scott)
    -Cleaned Up Scripts
    -Fixed OC on First Boot

[CENTER][B] BeastMode v2.0.1 [/B][/CENTER]
    -Fixed Recovery Loops
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Note: Refer to post 3 on my thread on themikmik.com for recovery loop fix.[/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][B] BeastMode v2.0 [/B][/CENTER]
    -Updated to 1.91 Base (All Previous Mods Applied)
    -Fixed OC Stick Bug
    -Added Aroma Installer for Custom OC
    -Fixed Install (One .zip Only)

[CENTER][B] BeastMode v1.1 [/B][/CENTER]
    -OC now MAX 2.1Ghz MIN .192Ghz
    -OCed GPU
    -Added Simple I/O Scheduler
    -Dimmed Capcitive Buttons
    -UVed
    -Tweaks for Battery Saving
    -Added Interactive Governor
    And Much More :)

[CENTER][B] Initial Release - v1.0 [/B][/CENTER]
    I'll try to get you guys the kernel today after I get out of class.

Sent from my HTC One XL
    New base for our kernel. 2.40 is being worked on

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2