lg g2 will not boot, not recognized but is showing as QSUSB_BULK

Search This thread

haeli

Oct 19, 2013
i have an lg g2 vs980 and i rooted it but have not yet installed a recovery like twrp it is only the very basic root with super user. it decided to install some ota update and now it will not boot past lg screen, white letters flash really fast all i could make out was secure boot error or something. i cannot get it into any kind of download or reset mode, iv tried absolutely everything anyone on this forum has recommended or suggested and nothing works, also when i connect it to my pc running windows 8 it is seen as QSUSB_BULK i have installed the correct updated drivers for my phone and iv manually installed them, nothing i have done will allow my pc to see my phone correctly. when i plug it in it under computer there are local drives f-u that pop up and say i have to format them in order to use them, but they are write protected so i cannot view whats in them, format them or anything. does anyone out there have any kind of suggestion to fix this or am i just completely stupid and missing some big major step? i am also very new to android this is my first android phone lol im a converted apple user haha so the more indept detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

RootFail

Mar 30, 2014
Same issue here

i have an lg g2 vs980 and i rooted it but have not yet installed a recovery like twrp it is only the very basic root with super user. it decided to install some ota update and now it will not boot past lg screen, white letters flash really fast all i could make out was secure boot error or something. i cannot get it into any kind of download or reset mode, iv tried absolutely everything anyone on this forum has recommended or suggested and nothing works, also when i connect it to my pc running windows 8 it is seen as QSUSB_BULK i have installed the correct updated drivers for my phone and iv manually installed them, nothing i have done will allow my pc to see my phone correctly. when i plug it in it under computer there are local drives f-u that pop up and say i have to format them in order to use them, but they are write protected so i cannot view whats in them, format them or anything. does anyone out there have any kind of suggestion to fix this or am i just completely stupid and missing some big major step? i am also very new to android this is my first android phone lol im a converted apple user haha so the more indept detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated

Has anyone come up with a solution to this? I am very new to Android, I have Rooted my G2 so I could install Custom Rom's. Yesterday I receive a OTA update, I refused it and then later when it came up again was going to refuse it, but my shaky finger touched the screen and started the update! next thing I know I have a $600.00 brick. if you hold the power button down It will flash the LG logo and then NADA, screen is lit but nothing happens. Hold the power button and after a few it will Flash the logo again but NADA again. If you hold the down and power button it will go to the reset screen, but again this will not reset the device. PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.