Google Now vs Siri, your opinion

Search This thread

Dante15

Apr 16, 2014
Craiova
Hello, I recently switched from ios to android, google disadvantage now see that (in my opinion) do not fulfill specific functions, we changed the English but still not correctly answer general types: how's the weather today nearby restaurants etc.. What is your opinion about google now?:p

alomex21

Sep 19, 2012
Santiago
I always think that google now is in development, cuz first of all is the voice engine its pretty "mechanical".That's all

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Let's put it this way:

Siri:

"What's the weather like today?" "Are you sure you want to delete all contacts?" "No! No! No! I didn't ask you to do that!" "Delete Confirmed."

Google Now:

Open the app
Look at the weather card. (Usually the first thing you see when you go in the app)

Google now has handy "cards" for you to view wherever you are. Like what restraunts are nearby, Photo locations, Traffic information, ETA to Home/Work etc.

You don't need to ask it anything most of the time, although you can ask simple questions such as "How old is (Insert famous person here)" or "How tall is (Insert Famous Person here)" or "When was (Insert building/landmark here) built?" and it'll often tell you the answer :)

Last edited:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
What I've heard from people is if you live in the US and speak US english, like me, it's by far better than anything else out there. If you don't live here / don't speak US english, it's not that great. I've never tried any other language or country so I can't tell, but for me, Google now is miles ahead of siri. Cortana is actually pretty good though.

Dante15

Apr 16, 2014
Craiova
Thanks for the opinions guys, one more question, I have to search the motor google.us or have active locations to benefit from all functions of the application? thanks

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Thanks for the opinions guys, one more question, I have to search the motor google.us or have active locations to benefit from all functions of the application? thanks

Google search is normally set to your local one (I.e if you are in the US, you'll be automatically searching with the US one)

You need to have active location (GPS) to get the best benefit from all the function.

It needs to know where you are so it can show those cards with information relevant to your current location :) but hey, at least you don't have to keep on asking it questions! :p

Sent from mah haytch tee see Juan via crapatalk

Nathan_Drake

May 18, 2014
Siri feels like an assistant.I cant say the same for google now.Its my personal opinion

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
To be honest I don't see much of a difference in what they do, besides their names and companies. After all, Google is my favorite search engine and database, and I definitely prefer Google Maps over Apple's, so Google Now does a pretty awesome job for me. Siri/Google Now would not really affect my purchasing decision in any case.

RichardWood

May 18, 2013
I really like the functions of Google Now. It's more helpful and able to provide information when I need it. However, to enable the full functionality of Google Now means Google Service Framework is running all the time and producing a huge amount of wakelocks... Which means a lot of battery drainage.

So I would say neither one of these meets my expectation...Hope GSF could get better

Matze1904

Dec 21, 2013
Bremen
I think Google Now "understands" your requests better, but maybe it is microphone related... I dont know anybody using any of these services because it affords more time getting what you want.

teaspoon83

Oct 3, 2010
Although I have never used an iPhone except for demo kiosks, I hear nothing but terrible things. Can't remember who did it but there was a Youtube video comparing the two when they came out. Siri for some reason kept wanting to talk about horses. :laugh:

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
I don't like any of the Google Apps included Google Now because it's waisting all your RAM memory!
And it stays running in the background.
I have only used S-Voice when i was on stock but i'm now on custom rom and now i'm don't using a siri anymore.
Siri Apps are defenitly better then any other !

hyoga1979

Nov 29, 2013
I have had the iphone 4s firmware updates and enjoy siri, was an addition more than useless over to the friends. I have now and s-voice s4 is something less mechanical than siri in the sense of the daily use

rivalstorm v.1 with Tamirda's mod

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
I know this is very unscientific, but whenever I meet someone who uses an iphone, I ask if they use siri. Most don't. Not everyone uses google voice search either, but it seems like more do. Take from that what you will. As for me, I love google's voice search. It has rarely failed me.

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
I have to admit, Siri is fun. And many people just use it for entertainment purposes.

Google Now is mainly used for help and knowledge. And I use it everyday. Its a great way of doing tasks while you're a bit busy.

hanisod

Mar 27, 2013
Berlin
Let's put it this way:

Google now has handy "cards" for you to view wherever you are. Like what restraunts are nearby, Photo locations, Traffic information, ETA to Home/Work etc.

You don't need to ask it anything most of the time, although you can ask simple questions such as "How old is (Insert famous person here)" or "How tall is (Insert Famous Person here)" or "When was (Insert building/landmark here) built?" and it'll often tell you the answer :)

SOME ONE GIVE THIS MAN A REWARD!!!

I agree, Google Now is awesome... Gives me all the informations I need without even FRIGGIN ASKING ABOUT IT!!! (Etc. How to get back home from school or work using public transit, football matches results, nearby places to visit and all)

Sent from my AWESOME Ponified HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4