[Q] ClockworkMod Recovery Mode HELP!

Search This thread

argonarcel

Apr 8, 2011
Can anyone help link me or teach me how to set up my phone to get into Clockwork Mod Recovery mode? whenever i try to reboot into Clockwork, it just boots into 3e recovery. I have an AT&T Samsung Captivate with stock 2.3.5 Gingerbread rooted and i have already flashed the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery (2.5.1.2)
I want to overclock my captivate but i cant unless i can get ClockworkMod Recovery to work :(

bornjamerican

Mar 3, 2011
Try flashing a rom with CWM already baked into it.
And PLEASE DO NOT use ROM Manager. It doesn't work on the Captivate.
Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: FullTiltMike

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
Can anyone help link me or teach me how to set up my phone to get into Clockwork Mod Recovery mode? whenever i try to reboot into Clockwork, it just boots into 3e recovery. I have an AT&T Samsung Captivate with stock 2.3.5 Gingerbread rooted and i have already flashed the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery (2.5.1.2)
I want to overclock my captivate but i cant unless i can get ClockworkMod Recovery to work :(

FFS... you are using rom manager.. it hasnt supported captivate since 2.1 eclair.
2.5 clockwork is nowhere near the latest. at version 5 now.

and when rom manager used to work, you boot into 3e recovery then select install update.zip TWICE. (every time)
THEN you will boot into CWM.

**but you arent on android 2.1 so it will error out. then you are going to create another thread for a question that has been answered a million times already.

why do you need clockwork to overclock your phone??? (you dont)
might want to learn what stickies are and go read them for a few days before you F%%% up your phone predominantly. read the new user guide while you are at it.

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
august 2010... do you think that works on gingerbread when it was released before froyo was released??

i told you to read before you **** up your phone. are we going to listen now?

argonarcel

Apr 8, 2011
In odin, do i flash as PDA, Bootloader, etc?
im a bit new to this, so i dont no all these fancy pancy stuff :p

bobcov

Aug 27, 2007
Should I use this link for Captivate with 2.3.4?

Hi,
You told a guy who was trying to get clockwordmod recovery on his captivate, to use this:

[KERNEL][KK4][1/28/11] Corn Kernel v7.06 from Source (OC, BLN, Voodoo Sound, etc.)

Should I also take that advice? I want to put AOKP on the phone, but I have to get clockwork on there first and the normal way doesn't work because of the 3e recovery unsigned business. Thank you much for your expertise and for being a great help to everybody.

-Bob

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1294477

flash this kernel .tar with odin

or in CWM (now) go to Mounts and Storage > Mount USB > (plug phone into PC)
copy over the .zip kernel from the thread, then unmount > back > flash zip from sdcard > choose corn kernel.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flashing a rom with CWM already baked into it.
    And PLEASE DO NOT use ROM Manager. It doesn't work on the Captivate.
    Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA