Power button not responding

Search This thread

pillsburydoughman

Nov 19, 2010
Moments ago I noticed my powerbutton not working, wouldn't turn the phone off. So I removed the battery and now it can't power on (because the button doesn't work). Is there a way to power it on somehow? I don't really want to buy a new phone :(

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
Moments ago I noticed my powerbutton not working, wouldn't turn the phone off. So I removed the battery and now it can't power on (because the button doesn't work). Is there a way to power it on somehow? I don't really want to buy a new phone :(

Looks like a hardware issue, and to fix that you'll probably need to change the physical button.

To power the phone on, just connect it to the charger, it will start.

ultimaxtofu

Mar 30, 2011
I too have the same problem, just started around this thread's start date too.

Oh yeah, and connecting it to the charger doesn't work, and the only way I can get any life out of it is to pop the battery out, put it back in, but even then it only goes to the "SAMSUNG" logo screen and then blacks out again.

I feel like it may be the power button itself, because I managed to turn it on when I pressed the button fairly hard, so maybe the button is pressed in and stuck to some extent?

Last edited:

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
I too have the same problem, just started around this thread's start date too.

Oh yeah, and connecting it to the charger doesn't work, and the only way I can get any life out of it is to pop the battery out, put it back in, but even then it only goes to the "SAMSUNG" logo screen and then blacks out again.

I feel like it may be the power button itself, because I managed to turn it on when I pressed the button fairly hard, so maybe the button is pressed in and stuck to some extent?

In your case it's definitely the physical button and you'll need to change it. Maybe there are some video tutorials on how to clean/change it, check it out.