rooting 4.3 verizon gs3

Search This thread

eddieleed

Apr 26, 2013
I tried to root my sch-i535 4.3 I had MTP click and usb debugging click...and it failed in odin...I have an image and link of what I was using to root the phone below and this is what the phone gave me in download mode...how can I fix this problem?

product name: sch-i535
custom binary download: no
current binary Samsung: official
QUALCOMM secureboot: enable
warranty bit:0
bootloader rp swrev: 1
secure check fail: recovery

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,592
  • CF-Auto-Root-d2vzw-d2vzw-schi535.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 3,845
Reactions: j_habeeb

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
BLACK CANYON CITY - Hell's DoorStep!
I tried to root my sch-i535 4.3 I had MTP click and usb debugging click...and it failed in odin...I have an image and link of what I was using to root the phone below and this is what the phone gave me in download mode...how can I fix this problem?

If you spend the time looking through the countless 4.3 ota threads, you would see that you can't root from 4.3 that way... safestrap is it and trying to Odin root will probably brick your device...

Check twice, flash once...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Dadiekane

May 26, 2009
Do you have info on it???

Do you have info on how to do it with Safestrap?

If you spend the time looking through the countless 4.3 ota threads, you would see that you can't root from 4.3 that way... safestrap is it and trying to Odin root will probably brick your device...

Check twice, flash once...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

deadcatsrule

Jan 3, 2014
Rochester,in
can any one help I safe rooted my sch-i535 verizon jellybean 4.3 ..added titanium back and pressed something wrong in titanium back up that soft brick my phone so now all it says is "unauthorized software take to you local verizon dealer" i've tried everything Ive read on this site and then some,still boots to yellow screen of death.this is not the first phone i've rooted been playing with modifying phones since the V3M came out.yes it was updated by OTA 4.3..everything in Odin fails, the knot counter is tripped but i don't buy my phones from Verizon anyway, tried hard reset still nothing.I can get into down load mode (power,vol down/home)and reset mode(power, vol up/home)Kies says unauthorized software .anything would be helpful.......deadcat

luis250

Dec 16, 2010
Saferoot working in s3 verizon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

5ft24

Apr 21, 2011
Mount Vernon
can any one help I safe rooted my sch-i535 verizon jellybean 4.3 ..added titanium back and pressed something wrong in titanium back up that soft brick my phone so now all it says is "unauthorized software take to you local verizon dealer" i've tried everything Ive read on this site and then some,still boots to yellow screen of death.this is not the first phone i've rooted been playing with modifying phones since the V3M came out.yes it was updated by OTA 4.3..everything in Odin fails, the knot counter is tripped but i don't buy my phones from Verizon anyway, tried hard reset still nothing.I can get into down load mode (power,vol down/home)and reset mode(power, vol up/home)Kies says unauthorized software .anything would be helpful.......deadcat

As long as you can get to download mode, you can flash the stock 4.3 image back. When you start TB, pay attention. Do not restore ANY system apps and do not allow it to change the phone ID.

deadcatsrule

Jan 3, 2014
Rochester,in
As long as you can get to download mode, you can flash the stock 4.3 image back. When you start TB, pay attention. Do not restore ANY system apps and do not allow it to change the phone ID.

I backd up my phone with TB and have it saved on my laptop but dont know what file to try to flash and I can not find a good stock 4.3 image that i can get to flash back to the phone.from what im reading the boot loader is locked keeping me from flashing anything .I've picked up another S3 to use for now so I can try to undo what ever i did wrong

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I backd up my phone with TB and have it saved on my laptop but dont know what file to try to flash and I can not find a good stock 4.3 image that i can get to flash back to the phone.from what im reading the boot loader is locked keeping me from flashing anything .I've picked up another S3 to use for now so I can try to undo what ever i did wrong

Try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589314
post one is to download the official firmware 4.3
post 2 is how to fix and if you follow the link after you redirected there're more info how to recover your phone depended on how bad it is, but if you still get into download mode you should be ok.

deadcatsrule

Jan 3, 2014
Rochester,in

nook2hd

Sep 6, 2013
Help, using Saferoot to root OTA 4.3, but Supersu binary update failed

Followed all the steps of Saferoot, everything else seems ok except SuperSU failed to update su binary.
The weird thing is that steps after SuperSU update (disabling KNOX and installing busybox) seem ok, and while SuperSU's popup window asking for SU binary needs to be updated, I can see in the grayed out back showing ADB Shell as the only apps gained root access.

More detail on SuperSU binary update, I chose update su normal way (instead CWM/TWRP) and next popup will report "Installation failed. Please reboot and try again." I tried many reboots and results were all the same.

From Terminal emulator, su -v command shows su is at version 3.1.1 (that's the latest already). If I cancel binary update, SuperSU app will exit too. I tried to install superuser app and use it to update su binary as someone suggested, it will fail in gaining root access.

Any way to overcome this issue and gain root on this OTA 4.3? Please help.

Phone Info:

Device Name: SCH-I535
Baseband Version: I535VRUCML1
Build Number: JSS15J.I535VRUCML1
Hardware Version: I535.10

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-10-11-41-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-10-11-41-03.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_2014-01-10-11-41-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-10-11-41-18.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_2014-01-10-11-41-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-10-11-41-22.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_2014-01-10-11-41-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-10-11-41-29.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Followed all the steps of Saferoot, everything else seems ok except SuperSU failed to update su binary.
The weird thing is that steps after SuperSU update (disabling KNOX and installing busybox) seem ok, and while SuperSU's popup window asking for SU binary needs to be updated, I can see in the grayed out back showing ADB Shell as the only apps gained root access.

More detail on SuperSU binary update, I chose update su normal way (instead CWM/TWRP) and next popup will report "Installation failed. Please reboot and try again." I tried many reboots and results were all the same.

From Terminal emulator, su -v command shows su is at version 3.1.1 (that's the latest already). If I cancel binary update, SuperSU app will exit too. I tried to install superuser app and use it to update su binary as someone suggested, it will fail in gaining root access.

Any way to overcome this issue and gain root on this OTA 4.3? Please help.

Phone Info:

Device Name: SCH-I535
Baseband Version: I535VRUCML1
Build Number: JSS15J.I535VRUCML1
Hardware Version: I535.10

In super su options do the clean up for market reinstall. Then download supersu from the market. It may not be worded like that but you will see what I mean. And make sure you uninstall superuser if you haven't already.

nook2hd

Sep 6, 2013
Still the same

In super su options do the clean up for market reinstall. Then download supersu from the market. It may not be worded like that but you will see what I mean. And make sure you uninstall superuser if you haven't already.

I cannot get into SuperSU options (or settings as in the snapshots). Neither Cancel nor Continue to the binary update popup will not stop me into SuperSU app.

Unistalled superuser, force stopped SuperSU and cleared data, then reinstalled SuperSU from play store. However, when open SuperSU, still asks for su binary update and fail.

Any other ways to get this to work?

Last edited:

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Unistalled superuser, force stopped SuperSU and cleared data, then reinstalled SuperSU from play store. However, when open SuperSU, still asks for su binary update and fail.

Any other ways to get this to work?

Did you do the cleanup option in supersu?

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Labeled reinstall under supersu settings.

nook2hd

Sep 6, 2013
Did you do the cleanup option in supersu?

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Labeled reinstall under supersu settings.

I cannot get into SuperSu settings when there are popup windows, and when popup is gone, SuperSU app exits with it somehow. Is there a way to bypass those popups and allow me to click on the settings?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hey quick question. not sure if im in the right forum or not but it has to do with supersu and 4.3 so ill just ask here and if im in the wrong place maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

i rooted using SafeRoot / VRUCML1
    root went fine.
    i also downloaded ez-unlock.
    i used ez-unlock (unlocked the bootloader) (was oblivious to the unlockable bootloader at that moment in time) (sure know about it now)
    i also tried to update the binaries in superuser (as the program requested)
    turned phone off, and wouldnt turn back on..............yay for HARDBRICK... :/

my question is, should i be able to safely update the binaries now that my phone is back up and running or is that not ok to do???????

im not sure whether ez-unlock or the supersu binary update was ultimately the cause of the hardbrick.

Phone: sch-1535 (samsung galaxy s3 vzw carrier)
    debrick method: debrick image, external micro sd, android terminal emulator. transfer debrick.bin to internal sd, run emulator.......
    not sure if you needed the information or not but figured i would provide it so no one would have to ask.

thanks in advance for any replies!!

Updating your binary will cause no problems.

Ez unlock is what bricked your phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I have sch-i535
    android 4.3
    version baseband: I535VRUCNC1
    I have 4.3 and I don't know how to root :(
    help me please.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk