Kernel Source - For Easy Cloning NCB/ND2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nothing incredible here, just thought I'd do this to make it easy for anyone that wants to tinker with the kernel source.
    I uploaded it without any changes, and will leave the master branch untouched so it can just be easily cloned​

NCB Kernel Source

ND2 Kernel Source

Once more progress is made i'm sure we'll move the thread, until then, hope this helps make it one step easier getting kernel builds going.
    noticed we're using the 4.7 toolchain for this one.
    and here's the Readme that comes with for Ref.

################################################################################

1. How to Build
    - get Toolchain
    From android git server , codesourcery and etc ..
    - arm-eabi-4.7

- edit Makefile
    edit "CROSS_COMPILE" to right toolchain path(You downloaded).
    EX) export CROSS_COMPILE= $(android platform directory you download)/android/gcc/prebuilts/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.7/bin/arm-eabi-
    Ex) export CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.7/bin/arm-eabi- // check the location of toolchain

$ export ARCH=arm
    $ make msm8974_sec_defconfig VARIANT_DEFCONFIG=msm8974pro_sec_klte_spr_defconfig SELINUX_DEFCONFIG=selinux_defconfig
    $ make

2. Output filesS
    - Kernel : arch/arm/boot/zImage
    - module : drivers/*/*.ko

3. How to Clean
    $ make clean
    ################################################################################
    Nothing necessarily, just noticed some possible security implementations in the kernel source. It actually built fine with it deactivated.

On a side note, have a zImage and boot.img made. Tested last night but had to start debugging recovery a Lil before we start flashing roms and kernels it seems. So have a rooted deodexed update zip, and kernel, just need to get em to flash now...

I'll be in touch with you later today. Want to pick up where we left off but think we need to temporarily look at recovery again. And I need to do some reading in these forums to see where things stand (rooting, recovery, flashes, etc.) as I haven't touched anything post-Knox, even on my S4.
    This should fill in the rest to make a boot.img.

mkbootimg info:
    Code:
    page_size=2048
    kernel_size=8014824
    ramdisk_size=1760068
    base_addr=0x00000000
    kernel_addr=0x00008000
    ramdisk_addr=0x02000000
    tags_addr=0x00000100
    cmd_line="console=null androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 msm_rtb.filter=0x37 ehci-hcd.park=3"

Stock Ramdisk repo: https://github.com/garwynn/SM-G900P_NCB_Ramdisk
    OK, testing time. Since it's not at the top of the thread I have to add here.
    Warning: Your device, your responsibility. By choosing to flash you inherently and solely accept the risks of said flash.

I'm doing these by Odin because most folks know how to flash in there AND it's an easy recovery process.

So, here are the links...

NCB Stock Kernel (for restore/recovery)

Flash test in Odin, if it hangs at splash screen for more than 30 seconds, consider it hung.
    Go back to download mode and flash stock kernel.

Any feedback that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.
    At this point I need a verifiable boot before anything else.
    Thanks!
    I find it very odd that I could flash the non-working kernel but cant flash the stock kernel. freakin mysterious man.

Yeah, still not working. Not sure whats going on. Im downloading stock firmware now but its gonna take me 2hrs. im not too worried yet as I can just pull the kernel from that or flash the whole damn firmware if I need to. I should have made a backup before I screwed with this but didnt think I would have problems restoring the stock kernel.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Okay weird I just ressurected my phone with the stock kernel you uploaded. I was using odin 3.07 and it wouldnt take the kernel image, and so it worked with odin 1.85. weird eh.

Dont worry I wouldnt say its a big issue yet. Ive had many scary flashes already with this phone (kernels via odin and philz, recovery flashes, rom flashes etc) with many hung screens and failed attempts and all have been rectified by a restore in recovery. So I will say backups are key.

Will look into a re-upload

Edit: re-uploading

Edit2: re-uploaded. Thanks garwynn!