[Q] Worth flashing?

Search This thread
Hi, got the 1+1 at last, was watching the rom dev and thought, this is an amazing phone...

Is it really worth changing rom and potentially losing a few features with bugs etc. I think the battery life is really good but I wonder if the custom kernels gain even more battery? I understand that different roms have new features etc. but this phone is pretty good already..I'm thinking about flashing and unlocking the bootloader, but it would only be to improve battery performance if at all possible..

- Does changing from the stock rom improve battery life at all?
- Any other things I should know before flashing?

Dzhedaj

Sep 17, 2008
Hi, got the 1+1 at last, was watching the rom dev and thought, this is an amazing phone...

Is it really worth changing rom and potentially losing a few features with bugs etc. I think the battery life is really good but I wonder if the custom kernels gain even more battery? I understand that different roms have new features etc. but this phone is pretty good already..I'm thinking about flashing and unlocking the bootloader, but it would only be to improve battery performance if at all possible..

Some say they get better battery life, some say it becomes worse with custom kernels. Afaik, currently theonly custom kernel for CM11S is franco's. Some users (including myself) get random reboots with it.

Reactions: therightperson_630

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

Battery life is very dependant on how each person uses their device, some people have an increase in battery life and some people have a decrease. The only way you're going to know for sure is by testing yourself. But you know the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Transmitted via Bacon

Reactions: therightperson_630
Good to know, thanks. I'll see what franco's kernel offers me.. for now I'm a bit sceptical. I'd rather wait and see for a few months and when bugs have been fixed I'll make my decision then. They're going to offer Android L as well...before I'd flash my phones for more performance (htc dream G1/LG O2X/Xperia SP) but this phone is good enough already..

Thanks though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Some say they get better battery life, some say it becomes worse with custom kernels. Afaik, currently theonly custom kernel for CM11S is franco's. Some users (including myself) get random reboots with it.

Battery life is very dependant on how each person uses their device, some people have an increase in battery life and some people have a decrease. The only way you're going to know for sure is by testing yourself. But you know the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Transmitted via Bacon