Phone starts only if connected to the charger?

Search This thread

Gustavo RD78

May 19, 2011
Maringá - PR
Today I had the experience of having this problem
I've read in several places about it, but he is already well known

My experiences and attempts:

*disconnected from the charger it goes into bootloop
*connected to a charger it turns on and works normally
*loads very slowly (original charger and cable)
*battery percentage is crazy (for example to restart it jumps from 14% to 76% and otherwise)
*when disconnecting the charger it works for about 1 or 2 minutes and turns itself off

some search i found in this segment:
Sony Mobile Battery Testing App posted by @droid102

then...

jXGIQb6kuBY4g.png

as well as several people have noted, it is a battery problem!
Maybe any particular type or configuration and calibration? I do not know! :confused:

among several people who reported this problem this is what catches my attention:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534327 posted by @Osni~* Osni~*

especially a posting made ​​by @CokeJunkee
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47712547&postcount=5&nocache=1&z=7968423271086067

However I will send the set for repair (still under warranty)

any feedback is welcome!

Att Gustavo RD78

Last edited:
Reactions: nebixts and Osni~*

000@nkit

Jul 3, 2014
This happened to me! My had ZL had already been replaced once and after about a month it started showing the same symptoms. I flashed the stock firmware twice just to be sure it wasn't a software issue, but the problems persisted.... So i took it to the service and now they're gonna replace it again (obviously without any charge)! It is a battery problem and hopefully I won't have to go back to the service center with the next replacement. :(

Osni~*

Dec 15, 2010
São Paulo
This happened to me! My had ZL had already been replaced once and after about a month it started showing the same symptoms. I flashed the stock firmware twice just to be sure it wasn't a software issue, but the problems persisted.... So i took it to the service and now they're gonna replace it again (obviously without any charge)! It is a battery problem and hopefully I won't have to go back to the service center with the next replacement. :(
Yep, exactly the same as my case.

When the replaced cellphone had the same problem, I called Sony and they wanted to replace It again.
I said I wouldn't send it for replacement because the (then) third one would have the same problem and I would have to wait another month or so without the cellphone (not to mention the warranty was already at half).

I requested the refund, they did it in 2 weeks if I can remember correctly, then I waited 3 months with a crappy phone and now I'm a happy owner of a LG G3.

Reactions: Gustavo RD78

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com
i had sorry for you and in some cases were in the same boat..
My battery also crazy, sometimes it went down to 14% from 92% and sometimes it's dead when it reach to 70% and below..
i know fully discharge and charge again would fix this but it wont be long.. It's gone for about 3-4 days and later.. My phone went drunk again..

in my mind, i looking for a phone with removable battery (samsung is my quick choice). But it's hard for me to leave sony and hard for me to leave "a full of memory phone", my xperia ZL..
i been using sony (ericsson) since K800i was released till now.. The XPERIA ERA was coming..

Sent from my C6502 using Instagram

Gustavo RD78

May 19, 2011
Maringá - PR
my warranty will expire in about two months

assuming he was sent to warranty I would have to have this extended period... huh?

I will make it clear to receive the product back if he face the same problems will want a refund
even if need to seek my rights

this problem needs a "recall" (since many people had this problem and was contacted)
consumers would look with brand new eyes

Reactions: frothe3

rivera_696

Sep 22, 2013
Alternative solution to physical damage on battery flex...

hi, forgive my english, is my firsth post...

This a alternative fisic metod to saved the battery,

my c6506 now work fine!!.

the problem is the battery flex, is a defect in the negative of the battery, n is solved by a fisical "jumper" to the negative terminal to negative flex terminal, as show:

10374447_10202198721842138_5827525998039794399_n.jpg

thanks!!

credits to Boyka Nicolas R. Waite.

Gustavo RD78

May 19, 2011
Maringá - PR

the problem is the battery flex, is a defect in the negative of the battery, n is solved by a fisical "jumper" to the negative terminal to negative flex terminal, as show:

View attachment 2925748

thanks!!

great news friend, it may be helpful to me if a new problem happen in the future and certainly many others

(My conclusion so far) this problem happens when the device reaches high temperatures that eventually comes to corrupt welds trails Battery

Reactions: nebixts

nebixts

May 6, 2013
DKI JAKARTA
HOW

View attachment 2925748

thanks!!

Hey bro @rivera_696
thank you very much for this info.

i just wanna ask you.
""the problem is the battery flex, is a defect in the negative of the battery, n is solved by a fisical "jumper" to the negative terminal to negative flex terminal, as show:""
???
what equipment/tools to doing that ??

thanks before and if you could answer it. ;)
:good::good::good:

Reactions: Igr1

rivera_696

Sep 22, 2013
Hey bro @rivera_696
thank you very much for this info.

i just wanna ask you.
""the problem is the battery flex, is a defect in the negative of the battery, n is solved by a fisical "jumper" to the negative terminal to negative flex terminal, as show:""
???
what equipment/tools to doing that ??

thanks before and if you could answer it. ;)
:good::good::good:

Hi, Nebixts!!
Only a pencil type soldering iron, wire solder, stannum and a insulated wire... disarm, and rearm the device...its very important calm and focus, good luck!

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
Funny, I've been assuming the battery failure was the result of a thermal fuse getting popped by heat...

That being said, I THOUGHT mine had died this afternoon, but not it seems to be working again... we'll have to see...

Sadly, I'm unsure that my receipt from the bitcoin store included the serial# for my phone...

I was wrong, it's dead... Not cool...

Last edited:

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
My RMA is setup and I'll probably ship my phone out tomorrow...

I'm not certain I would consider replacing the battery an adequate fix as this seems to be a flaw in the design... thinking I might just try and sell my phone when it comes back and move on to something else...

nebixts

May 6, 2013
DKI JAKARTA
thanks

Hi, Nebixts!!
Only a pencil type soldering iron, wire solder, stannum and a insulated wire... disarm, and rearm the device...its very important calm and focus, good luck!

Hey, rivera_696

I follow your tips, and now my ZL can turn on again normally.
i can save $40 for new battery if i buy. but with your methode, i didn't buy it. before i know this i have two times buy the battery.
Lol, haha.
once again thanks a lot bro. you save me :good::good::good:

one small question, is it this methode have side effect?

For TS - Gustavo: thanks to make this thread, i can found new way to safe my ZL. :good:

by: nebixts ;)

Last edited:

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com
Hey, rivera_696

i can save $40 for new battery if i buy. but with your methode, i didn't buy it. before i know this i have two times buy the battery.
Lol, haha.

For TS - Gustavo: thanks to make this thread, i can found new way to safe my ZL. :good:

can u tell me how it's been done since no picture or video showing tutorial.. i can't understand how to do it..

Sent from my C6502 using Instagram

CharlesG70

Jun 4, 2010
Toronto
HI there,

I had the exact same symtoms.

RMA and battery replaced by Sony. I droped the phone at a Sony store to save shipping and they sent it to the repaid depo.
Got the phone back in 10 days.
works great (except for 4.4.2 play services bug)

Bonus, sent it in with:
Boot Loader Unlockable: No
SIM lock: Rogers (in Canada)

Got it back:
Boot Loder Unlockable: Yes,
SIM lock: NO

thanks again Sony!!!
if you still have warante, then send it in. My screen has a small scratch, so I know Igot my original unit back.

Good luck...

rivera_696

Sep 22, 2013
Hey, rivera_696

Lol, haha.

none my dear nebixt, my xzl works fast and stable....as usual, check te screenshot... sorry danilalalalala, check the schematic of the device,that will help but is very easy...

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,201

yamani_25

Feb 20, 2011
Banjarbaru

View attachment 2925748

thanks!!

It is worked for me :thumbup:, and some attached below can help some one if want to try :D

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1410793923897.jpg
    1410793923897.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,234

tutoiguaran

Dec 3, 2010
thanks

View attachment 2925748

thanks!!

Thanks man, excellent tip... I was able to save my battery :laugh:duh

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I found it interesting when I got mine back from the repair depot, they'd replaced ~ 4 screws, ~ 3 strips of glue tape, the battery, and the grounding strap...

I need to roll back to 101 and test - I don't seem to be getting DC connections in places where I didn't get LTE... in fact, at this point, I seem to either get LTE, or no data at this point... which is very strange... :(

Top Liked Posts