[ROM][Evita] Official Evervolv 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tonytober

Sep 22, 2012
I did flash it.

So much no.....Give the newer ROMs a spin. Less issues and more stability. JUST DOOOO EEET :good:

Hey dude. I just flashed it yesterday. Don't tell me there is an update TODAY. lol. Unless it is true, but I don't see any updates right now.

What I did:
Factory Reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik
Factory Reset
Wipe System
Factory Reset
Install (ROM)
Clear Cache
Clear Dalvik
Flash boot.img from ADB to Fastboot
""Optional"" Install Kernel
""Optional"" Wipe Cache
""Optional"" Wipe Dalvik
""Optional"" Flash boot.img of the kernel from ADB to Fastboot
Reboot and use.

I do this all the time with any ROMs. They all work. For the HTC One XL I tried:
Venom CleanROM, LiquidSmooth, CM10, Evervolv 4.1, Nocturnal Dirty 4.2 and a few more. What I can tell you is no AOSP ROM is stable on the HTC One X. At least a bug.

All AOSPs will have some problems connecting to some Wi-Fi spots
CM10 will freeze on camera
Evervolv will blink on screen locks
Nocturnal Dirty has crackling sound problems

I love AOSPs, but it just too bad none are truly stable. I'm on Venom+ElementalX now, because it is the only one to have everything to work well. CleanROM's camera app is too empty (very few options) and focuses very badly. I hate Sense, but what to do now. Stock is way too bloated, so Venom XL is the way to go, for me. Battery life is crazy with ElementalX + Undervolt + Underclock.

Sum up, the blinking problem is still there after flashing it 3 times, reflashing boot.img 3 times. Too bad...

Tony

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I love AOSPs, but it just too bad none are truly stable. I'm on Venom+ElementalX now, because it is the only one to have everything to work well. CleanROM's camera app is too empty (very few options) and focuses very badly. I hate Sense, but what to do now. Stock is way too bloated, so Venom XL is the way to go, for me. Battery life is crazy with ElementalX + Undervolt + Underclock.

Sum up, the blinking problem is still there after flashing it 3 times, reflashing boot.img 3 times. Too bad...

Tony

Did you not see how old this ROM is? It's literally from last year. Of course there are going to be issues. Try the newest version of SlimBean, it's running great for me. I've had zero issues with it.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tonytober

tonytober

Sep 22, 2012
The suggestions

Did you not see how old this ROM is? It's literally from last year. Of course there are going to be issues. Try the newest version of SlimBean, it's running great for me. I've had zero issues with it.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the heads up guys, there are so many ROMs to try so I cannot really find exactly which one is good or not... Including the time it takes to browse the threads and read to find issues. Lol.

Thanks again, will try SlimBean

Tony

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for the heads up guys, there are so many ROMs to try so I cannot really find exactly which one is good or not... Including the time it takes to browse the threads and read to find issues. Lol.

Thanks again, will try SlimBean

Tony

Slimbean is a good ROM. So is Carbon. Both have great features and are nice and stable.

Sent from my One XL using XDA Premium

Reactions: tonytober

tonytober

Sep 22, 2012
Camera

Slimbean is a good ROM. So is Carbon. Both have great features and are nice and stable.

Sent from my One XL using XDA Premium

Most of them are purely stable, but some of the ROMs do not have as many camera options as the CM10's. And not to say, CM10 and ViperXL are taking gorgeous pictures, while some other ROMs like the LiquidSmooth (Carbon ROM devs) has very limited camera options and takes blurry pictures compared to CM10 and Viper.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

Evervolv is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

im on freenode #htc-one-xl a lot so if you want join me there.

Rom Installation:

Wipe Data, Cache, and system (optional but recommended, this will be the first question if you have FCs or random reboots)
    Flash the ROM
    Extract boot.img from zip file and run command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    Flash GApps
    Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

Download

GApps

Screenshots

Changelog:
    Code:
    For an updated changelog look here  http://review.evervolv.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

2012-12-4
    Fixed Bluetooth -- Thanks h8rift

2012-12-3
    Original upload

Working:
    -Camera
    -Sound
    -Phone calling
    -Data
    -SMS
    -MMS
    -Wifi
    -Charging LED
    -Camcorder
    -Bluetooth

Broken: (In order of importance)

Donations: Ok, so im not the type thats going to say "if you donate you will get special access." (yes i got asked this already, which is the point of this writing) Sorry, just not my style. Not trying to make money. But donations are welcome. Maybe I will get to work more on it if I can take the wifey out for dinner :). Thanks for all you guys support. Link in signature

h8rift - His device is the one I started with
    Evervolv team. Obviously
    preludedrew - For helping a lot
    So just an update on this. I will be taking over as official maintainer for this ROM. When rereleased it should be jellybean 4.2. I am currently on vacation but I will sneak some time in working on this

Sent from my One V using xda premium
    Well uploaded new build with fixed bluetooth. Thanks to h8rift for that. Im going to call this build final. My future focus will be 4.2