ezinput keyboard camera fix

Search This thread

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
i know chefs has been working hard with fixes for the camera button. made this for roms that still have the cam button problem.

hope this will help...

:)

edit 1... january 1st

included an uninstallable cab..... word suggestion will not pop up

ps... tested on clean 3.03c installed with xakep turbo cam

Attachments

• camfix.cab
    827 bytes · Views: 122
Last edited:
Reactions: brainmaster

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi bevoc, nice of you to post the fix. Have you tested it?

The cab file is not uninstallable, but I made one for you that is uninstallable.

Attachments

• camfix.cab
    793 bytes · Views: 86

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
yes, tested on arto's sense betas 4.0 and kubino's ultra clean (i installed ezinput 2.1 without arrows on this one) actually it is just a fake registry callup to prevent ezinput from hooking the camera button.....

the one i posted above will make some word suggestion pop up. i will make one which is uninstallable cab where the word suggestions will not pop up... will post it later.

happy new yeAr everybody at s200 subforum... may the new year brings more success to all of us at anything we do...

justrazor

Aug 8, 2010
I've lost xt9 function in EzInput after this fix, can somebody give me camfix without this issue? (or some fix for fix) I really need xt9 and this keyboard.

justrazor

Aug 8, 2010
No t9 anyway...

The same picture..((
(After cab I get only t9 from default keyboard)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
okay thanks for the info, will try to use a different dll callup, but i guess if we use the htc ime dll the camera button will be hooked as soon as the os boots.....

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
found something that maybe suitable. testing. will update you later

update....

no luck... the htc dlls are hooking the button. trying to hunt down what is actually hooking the button... i guess some dll need to be hexedited but im no gold there....

Last edited:

justrazor

Aug 8, 2010
eem .. What is the relation between the camera button and T9?
I'm not pro in this, but camera (and its button functions) works fine after fix, but t9 stops working.

bevoc

Jan 3, 2008
kuala lumpur
I'm not pro in this, but camera (and its button functions) works fine after fix, but t9 stops working.

this is what i know so far (please correct me if i am wrong)

1. htc's t9 dll is hooking some keys for devices with physical keys
2. coincidentally, one of the keys is the camera key for acer...(have a different function on an htc device)
3. the hook basically renders the autofocus and shutter button useless (because its hooked on to another function that is not available on acer devices)
4. my fix is basically a registry edit which triggers ms version of t9/autocomplete

in order to fix this properly, the dll for htc t9 has to hexedited to remove the mentioned hook on the shutter/autofocus

*acer s200 camera button has actually 2 phase

1. autofocus (half press)
2. shutter (full press)

the hook only assign one function to the button which i dont really know what.

a workaround for this problem is to use aebutton plus. reassign the key. in camera mode af and shutter will work out fine

i created this fix because i dont use t9 and i dont want to use an extra process.

i suck at hexediting but i'll see what i can do.

Reactions: justrazor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i know chefs has been working hard with fixes for the camera button. made this for roms that still have the cam button problem.

hope this will help...

edit 1... january 1st

included an uninstallable cab..... word suggestion will not pop up

ps... tested on clean 3.03c installed with xakep turbo cam

this is what i know so far (please correct me if i am wrong)

1. htc's t9 dll is hooking some keys for devices with physical keys
    2. coincidentally, one of the keys is the camera key for acer...(have a different function on an htc device)
    3. the hook basically renders the autofocus and shutter button useless (because its hooked on to another function that is not available on acer devices)
    4. my fix is basically a registry edit which triggers ms version of t9/autocomplete

in order to fix this properly, the dll for htc t9 has to hexedited to remove the mentioned hook on the shutter/autofocus

*acer s200 camera button has actually 2 phase

1. autofocus (half press)
    2. shutter (full press)

the hook only assign one function to the button which i dont really know what.

a workaround for this problem is to use aebutton plus. reassign the key. in camera mode af and shutter will work out fine

i created this fix because i dont use t9 and i dont want to use an extra process.

i suck at hexediting but i'll see what i can do.