[Android 2.2+] MissedIt! -Text-based notifications for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Do you own a Peeble smartwatch?

• Yes, I already own it!

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • No, but I'm planning to buy one.

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, and I'm not interested.

Votes: 62 68.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

isotoper

Apr 6, 2011
This is because the item is already added, but for some reason it is not showing in the list. Search in your output format string for any aplication parameter that doesn't correspond to any of the applications shown in your Monitored Elements list and remove it from the string. If you are using a recent version, this may solve your problem.

If not, you will need to delete the widget configuration and start it again.

Thanks for the fast answering. Great app !
I checked in the output format string and I don't have any aplication parameter that doesn't correspond to any of the applications shown in my Monitored Elements list.
I have the latest version bought from market.
any idea ?

P.S - Is it possible to place app icon beside the text ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Can you send me a debug log report? There is an option for this in the app.

Thanks for the fast answering. Great app !
I checked in the output format string and I don't have any aplication parameter that doesn't correspond to any of the applications shown in my Monitored Elements list.
I have the latest version bought from market.
any idea ?

P.S - Is it possible to place app icon beside the text ?

Thanks!

isotoper

Apr 6, 2011
Hi,
When I receive gmail and read it from my PC, the widget still report a new gmail, until I launche the gmail from my phone.
How can I solve that ?
Thanks!

Fredde88

Dec 6, 2010
I sent you an email when I received your log report.

Try to disable Missed It! as Accessibility Service and then reenabling it again. Sometimes this works.

Do you have any other application enabled under Accessibility Settings?

oh my appologise! My gmail is ****ed up and i saw it now.

I´ve tried that and it didn´t work =(
No just missed it thats there. Any thing else you saw that could solve the problem? so strange and sad.

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Hi all,

If anybody got it's Galaxy S II updated to ICS and is getting FC with Missed It!, please use the 'Report problem' option or, if you can't even enter the app configuration and you know how to do it, generate a logcat and send it to me.

Thanks.

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
(Also, if you had your Galaxy S2 updated to ICS and Missed It! is still working OK, please let me know).

Hi all,

If anybody got it's Galaxy S II updated to ICS and is getting FC with Missed It!, please use the 'Report problem' option or, if you can't even enter the app configuration and you know how to do it, generate a logcat and send it to me.

Thanks.

Tirozz

Jul 9, 2011
On my HTC Sensation with ICS the Gmail notifications now shows '3 mails' when I have a reply on a mail which already had 2 replies. So it seems to also take into account the mails that were already 'read' but are in the conversation. It looks like this problem was also reported on a previous page, but I was not completely sure it was the exact same issue :)

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Are you using a modified version of Gmail, or are you monitoring it as an app?

On my HTC Sensation with ICS the Gmail notifications now shows '3 mails' when I have a reply on a mail which already had 2 replies. So it seems to also take into account the mails that were already 'read' but are in the conversation. It looks like this problem was also reported on a previous page, but I was not completely sure it was the exact same issue :)

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
For all of you using a "fixed" version of Gmail, so Missed It! can monitor new messages more accurately:

I have changed the way the application monitor Gmail messages. Next version will not need to access to the Gmail database anymore to be able to monitor it in a per-account basis, so the "fixed" Gmail version will not be necessary at all.

However, the meaning of these notifications will change slighty. Until now, this number represented the number of "unread" emails. Starting from next release, this number should be treated as "new emails", in the same way as if you were monitoring Gmail as any other regular app.

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
I think that the change mentioned in previous post should solve your issue.

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Well, seems that with the latest version of Gmail Google has finally implemented a public API to allow third party apps to retrieve unread counters, so my previous post has become a bit outdated now, as I'm working to make use of this new API.

For all of you using a "fixed" version of Gmail, so Missed It! can monitor new messages more accurately:

I have changed the way the application monitor Gmail messages. Next version will not need to access to the Gmail database anymore to be able to monitor it in a per-account basis, so the "fixed" Gmail version will not be necessary at all.

However, the meaning of these notifications will change slighty. Until now, this number represented the number of "unread" emails. Starting from next release, this number should be treated as "new emails", in the same way as if you were monitoring Gmail as any other regular app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Tirozz

Jul 9, 2011
Allright, thanks for the quick reply! I'll await the next version then I guess.

Sometimes MissedIt forces closes when I try to share a photo on whatsapp. I have absolutely no idea what this could be related to, maybe I should reinstall the application after updating to ICS, don't know :)

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Can you send me a log report if you get another FC?

Allright, thanks for the quick reply! I'll await the next version then I guess.

Sometimes MissedIt forces closes when I try to share a photo on whatsapp. I have absolutely no idea what this could be related to, maybe I should reinstall the application after updating to ICS, don't know :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MissedIt!
    Text-based notification widget for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Link to the app on Google Play

Get information about the number of missed calls, unread SMS, unread e-mail messages and notifications from virtually any application a glance with this simple yet very customizable widget. You can use it with any lockscreen replacement app to access all this information without need to unlock your phone.

Missed It! must be enabled as an Accessibility Service to be able to receive application notifications ('Settings » Accessibility » Accessibility services'). If enabled and application notifications not detected, try disabling and then re-enabling.

Requirements
    • Android version 2.2 and up.

Features

• Reports number of missed calls, unread SMS and pending voicemails.
    • If you use Gmail or K-9 Mail, you can obtain the number of unread messages of each account individually. In the case of Gmail, you can also select which label to monitor.
    • Also reports notifications from any application that uses the notification bar to report events (including WhatsApp, Tweetdeck, e-mail clients, etc).
    • Customization of font and background color and transparency. Also font faces (can use fonts stored in external SD card) and styles (bold, italic, underline).
    • Customization of the layout (alignments, margins, etc).
    • Text messages can be customized to show whatever phrase you want.
    • Represent numbers as text.
    • Resizable widget on ICS. With previous Android versions, there are multiple widget sizes available (user can select which sizes appears in widget list).

-- PERMISSIONS USED --

READ_PHONE_STATE, to get the voicemail state.
    CALL_PHONE, to directly call to voicemail if there is any pending message.
    Hi all,

Missed It! has no received any update in weeks, but that not means I'm not working on it. I plan to release a new update (v3) before Christmas, featuring some important changes:

• Totally redesigned interface.
    • Support for multiple widgets, each of them with its custom configuration settings.
    • Better support to configure Accessibility Settings and detect configuration problems.

Also, the format for the output string will change. Until now, each monitored item used two different parameters/placeholders, one for the number of notifications and another for the description string ([param] and [param_str]). From now, there will be only one placeholder [param] for each monitored item. In the singular and plural forms editboxes, you will be able to enter different variables that will be replaced with their corresponding values.

As an example, for monitoring missed calls now you will use one placeholder [calls] and in it's configuration, the singular will look something similar to 'You have %c missed call' and the plural to 'You have %c missed calls'. When any of these string is displayed, the %c variable will be replaced with the current number of missed calls.

I think this change will add more flexibility when configuring each monitored element, an also the readability of the custom output string (removing too much [...] [...] items from it), but I need your opinions about this.

And at last (but not least), I've started to use the collaborative tool Crowdin.net to help with translations. If you are interested, you can join at http://crowdin.net/project/missed-it and help in the translation of the application to your language.
    Please, how do I fix this? I already set parameters, I thought, I just can't figure out how to make it work (it worked before the update).

Open the program settings
    Select - Output format
    Select - Accounts
    If you see nothing, hit the hard menu key and add your account(s)
    Select the account and click on parameter
    Remember this value or change it to something unique (example: Account1)

Go back once

Select - Customize

Now use the accounts value instead of mails

EXAMPLE:
    [Account1] [Account1_str] instead of [mails][mails_str]

EXAMPLE FOR 2 ACCOUNTS
    [Account1] [Account1_str] [nl] [Account2] [Account2_str]
    I have found those 2 photo's on missedIt! market page,and i have a question:

how can i set those two widget with weather and toggle???

i can't find those things..any idea?

24o26ba.jpg

2pyuavd.jpg

Hey dude. The first one is my screenshot. I use Beautiful Widgets 1x1 weather, then I have added Simi Folder with custom icon. The toggles are Extended Controls widget. Just put enough columns on Widgetlocker and those widgets side by side.
    Ok, I've uploaded the app again and now all seems to be ok.

Was a problem with the generated .apk. Sorry for the inconveniences.