Wow this is good to know. HTC one m8 is possible water proof.

Search This thread

regalpimpin

Jun 21, 2010
This has been floating around for a couple weeks now. It does very well in the test. Yes.

It has since come out that it is ipx3 certified. Which means it can take splashes.. etc. Although submerging it is more then a splash. All in all, its a good unadvertised feature. But I won't be testing it out myself. :)

Reactions: sslbaron

bimmerbot

Nov 21, 2008
Haha it didn't make the phone rotate underwater. It caused him to reposition his filming phone so it was filming from a different angle. The underwater phone never moved.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
Haha it didn't make the phone rotate underwater. It caused him to reposition his filming phone so it was filming from a different angle. The underwater phone never moved.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Amazing that the edge of the sink didn't move at all most of the times but the phone and surface of the water did (the edge of the sink moved 2 times, but in 4 of the phone moves it didn't). The phone in the water was definitely moved and the hand moving it was edited out. Changing the filming phone position wouldn't have caused ripples in the water.

husker91

Amazing that the edge of the sink didn't move at all most of the times but the phone and surface of the water did (the edge of the sink moved 2 times, but in 4 of the phone moves it didn't). The phone in the water was definitely moved and the hand moving it was edited out. Changing the filming phone position wouldn't have caused ripples in the water.

The bottom of the sink is round, perhaps overtime the phone just settled to the lowest point? Makes sense to me...

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

tyler.durden

Jul 7, 2010
Arlington, TX
All I can say is, either way, whether the phone was moved or not, it was obviously submerged in water for a decent period of time. It was at least a few minutes at a time. That's a pretty solid statement, although I'm still not brave enough to test it for myself.... I'm sure an iPhone or most other phones would be done after touching water. I had a Blackberry back in the day that fell into a shallow puddle for maybe two seconds. It never worked again.

Reactions: sslbaron

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
All I can say is, either way, whether the phone was moved or not, it was obviously submerged in water for a decent period of time. It was at least a few minutes at a time. That's a pretty solid statement, although I'm still not brave enough to test it for myself.... I'm sure an iPhone or most other phones would be done after touching water. I had a Blackberry back in the day that fell into a shallow puddle for maybe two seconds. It never worked again.

I'd also like to see if the speakers survived that dunk. I know that many people who got their M7s wet found that everything but the speakers worked afterwards.

pavlak21

Jul 16, 2007
I put mine HTC M8 into bowl with water completely for about a minute. Only thing I realized headphone icon showed up in notification bar. Also when I pulled out sd card was wet on edges . But SIM card was completely dry. Phone worked and played video under water about 2 inches down. After was taken out I just wiped it with paper towel and works perfectly..... DONT TRY IT! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE.

urra

Dec 21, 2011
Stockholm
I put mine HTC M8 into bowl with water completely for about a minute. Only thing I realized headphone icon showed up in notification bar. Also when I pulled out sd card was wet on edges . But SIM card was completely dry. Phone worked and played video under water about 2 inches down. After was taken out I just wiped it with paper towel and works perfectly..... DONT TRY IT! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE.

Please get back to us with info about problems that might occur after some time =)

Reactions: 63sammo1

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
my god daughter spilled a whole large hi-c orange lavaburst on my m8... i was scared, sad and mad. It survived without any issues at all. THANK SWEET BABY JESUS

Reactions: themuffinman

Top Liked Posts