Please help! Note 3 wont stay connected to comp via usb!!!

Search This thread

thrgk

Aug 7, 2012
Hi guys, I have this really weird issue occurring. I have my note 3 connected to my computer via usb, but it does not stay connected. My computer keeps making a noise of new device connected, then disconnected. The phone connects, few secs later, disconnects. I have tried 3 different usb, 1 is the original,, different usb ports. It cant be the cable tho, cause it charges fine, and i wiggled it while charging. I let the drivers install when i first plugged the n3 in, so those should be good.

Any idea? could it be a ROM issue? Really need it to work, since I use tethering :((

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Hi guys, I have this really weird issue occurring. I have my note 3 connected to my computer via usb, but it does not stay connected. My computer keeps making a noise of new device connected, then disconnected. The phone connects, few secs later, disconnects. I have tried 3 different usb, 1 is the original,, different usb ports. It cant be the cable tho, cause it charges fine, and i wiggled it while charging. I let the drivers install when i first plugged the n3 in, so those should be good.

Any idea? could it be a ROM issue? Really need it to work, since I use tethering :((

What rom are you using? And have you tried reinstalling drivers from samsung? http://www.theandroidsoul.com/galaxy-note-3-drivers-installation-guide/ and have you tried just using the micro USB cable (not the USB 3.0)

thrgk

Aug 7, 2012
biggins 4.5, yea i tried those drivers, didnt try usb2.0 yet.

Its literally sitting here connecting, then disconnecting on and on, i have no idea, not even moving it

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
biggins 4.5, yea i tried those drivers, didnt try usb2.0 yet.

Its literally sitting here connecting, then disconnecting on and on, i have no idea, not even moving it

It could be the data pins in the cable/phone, the power pins would still let it charge even though there's still supposed to be energy going through the data pins when charging. And have you selected a different option when plugging it into the computer (from installer, media device, to camera) from the options that note 3 provides? (click the icon in the status bar when you plug it in)

thrgk

Aug 7, 2012
yea i tried camera, its on installer by default i think and i tried mtp also, usb3.0 said it required airplane mod so i didnt try that. How could i check the pins>

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
yea i tried camera, its on installer by default i think and i tried mtp also, usb3.0 said it required airplane mod so i didnt try that. How could i check the pins>

Well it you look at the port and they're not bent or snapped then it isn't the pins. What about USB 2.0?

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
What OS is your computer running? There are some USB issues with windows 8.1. I was having the same problem at times but there was a fix in optional updates that have seemed to clear things up for now. I think it's the download numbered...2914219. I'm not completely sure as I did a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

MrSpohn1

Sep 1, 2010
Just for the record, I have had trouble with certain cables in the past. Sometimes computer didn't like a long cable.

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Pins are absolutely fine, only reason I even mentioned those was because one time a little kid plugged my streak 7 cord in upside down and jacked the female port to crap. And as TheAfroSamurai mentioned it might be your computer, I had trouble with a long cable with my kin 2. Different cable fixed it for me.

Sent from my GalaxyAwesome