Do you guys think it's worth buying the HTC One?

Search This thread

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011
i will probably wait for the galaxy s4 reveal aswell before deciding, but if it looks anything like the s3 i won't buy it (even if the performanc is better than the one) because that thing looks absolutely terrible.

-A-P-M-

May 4, 2010
HTC One looks great and got great build quality. I don't care about lack of SD cards, because 32 / 64 gb is more than enough. My only concern is software - Sense is heavy, HTC isn't very fast at updates, locked bootloader and lack of sources.

I currently have SGS3 and 4.2.1 leaked a few days ago, so it got almost lastest software (and newer than HTC One currently). In less than 3 months Android 5.0 will be revealed and then all those flagships will wait some time to get it. So despite I really like HTC One, Im thinking to keep SGS3 for another few months (especially now when Im running 4.2.1 on it) and get X Phone with Android 5.0 as soon as it is available. If HTC One would have good support for AOSP (like for example Sony), I would get it for sure. Also if I would have some older phone and I would need to buy something, I would choose HTC One.

Harps

Feb 7, 2012
Would wait for S4

Even for £46 pounds t-mobile uk contract phone cost is 29£ which is expensive.

People will buy iPhone for that much but not HTC i think.

Ddot196

May 7, 2011
I seriously doubt they will put out a one + like they did with the one x. I don't see it happening. Plus they already are offering up 32 and 64 models...that is more than adequate for the average user. They have to stick to their guns and have one flagship device to represent their company.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010
Here is my second video showing that note 2 doesn't play videos as stock during calls, from either gallery or video player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJgmyo9DeWg no more to say on the matter now.

All I have to say is you know absolutely nothing about using the note 2. You must start the phone call. Launch multiview and pull up the video genius. Once the video is playing you can screencap the image. Im not going to waste my time uploading a video to satisfy your ignorance (sorry for my french). Whats more, like barry said, what would even be the point of using this feature? Yea we can do it but really whats the point. Now thats my last word on the matter.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

monkboy24

Apr 13, 2012
Maryland
This is a HTC forum!!!!!! SO NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT SAMSUNG OR IPHONE OR SONY OR WHAT ANY OTHER PHONES HAVE TO OFFER!!!!! let's get on topic :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gelo01

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
This is a HTC forum!!!!!! SO NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT SAMSUNG OR IPHONE OR SONY OR WHAT ANY OTHER PHONES HAVE TO OFFER!!!!! let's get on topic :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

This is my phone i am going to buy:D
images

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who told you sgs4 will have sd slot and removable battery? If you dont mind their crappy plastic and design so wait

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    there is no end to whats coming 'next'
    Couldn't have been more underwhelmed or disappointed with the One announcement. How far in denial is HTC? Did they realize they left Egypt, and entered Sudan? They just don't get it. How many tough quarters will it take for them to get their head back in the game?

Blinkfeed would make using a third party launcher a must.

Zoe is just silly, did they forget you can already shoot video?

1080p vs 720p still hasn't sold me to any actual discernable difference at a sub 5" size. But those extra pixels will take more battery to run.

Sense 5 looks nice, and it looks really responsive on the demos, but so did Sense 4...

As long as we are talking software, the One has very little chance getting decent support. Blame AT&T all you want, but they aren't the ones that promised updates. And Samsung manages to update their devices on AT&T just fine.

Why go down to 2 buttons? Android still needs a menu button, that bar popping up all the time is super annoying. If you want to get rid of the multi task or menu key, just go all the way and go on-screen with the keys.

Still skeptical about a metal frame. We all know about antennagate, and the iPhone wasn't fully metal on the back. It may turn out okay, time will tell.

Honestly, yes, the One looks darn sexy. Great looking hardware. But if they are built to the low quality standards the One X was, they won't last long. Say what you want about Samsungs cheap plastic, but they last a lot longer, and take far more abuse than HTC hardware. At the end of the day I care more about my phone lasting, than having to get a replacement every month for a different hardware issue. Even if that hardware looks nicer. Function over form every time. (That's what I like TouchWiz better than any skin, including CM/AOKP)

Then the whole aspect of the locked bootloaders, S-Off, potential for warranty denial, and other extra hoops to get custom firmware to try to mitigate some of the terrible performance it's destined to have, bothers me. Versus it being so easy on a Samsung device a cave man could do it. The One X was going to have such an amazing dev scene, but I blinked so I missed it.

My time with the One X vs my past with Samsung devices could be summed up with this analogy: HTC is a blind date, you never know what your are going to get, this time she is pretty, but every minute you spend with her she gets more obnoxious. Samsung is the girl next door, often passed over for the "prettier" girl, but the more you get to know her the more beautiful she is. If somehow my Note II is pryed from my cold dead hands it won't be for the One.

Sent from my Note ][
    Yes, I think it's worth it. I'll be picking one up (Sprint variant) and I know quite a few other members of our team will be doing the same. So you know what that means :D we can't let you guys run around with just a "popular" build.prop tweaked kitchen ROM ;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    i really hate these LCD displays its such an inferior technology to oled. The only thing they are good for is black text on white backgrounds. Android is all black so its a total loss. Colours just arent that good on these displays. Brightness is a total waste of time given that your battery goes from full to empty on any kind of decent brightness. With no removable battery this is a big issue. Im also not sure 1080p is worth it any more. 720p seems to be perfect balance.

Im seriously thinking about a note 2 now with the RGB Amoled display in LTE. Samsung is letting me down by loving to LCD on the S4. i really dont want LCD they are so boring.

My friend the note 2 is a beast. People who brag about their display, aka dna z10 etc... have just that to brag about... their spec sheet displays lol. They look at spec sheets and say "Oh well the note 2 has 720 display so it must look ugly"...complete morons. With its non pentile display the note 2s screen is ridiculously nice.

That is where the comparison ends. In terms of battery life, features, connectivity, durability and spen functionality, no phone on the market is even in the same ball park as the note 2. Just look at the review sites around the web. Honestly I laugh at people who try to compare their phones to the Note 2. This is how our conversations usually go. ...

Random person " look at my (insert any phone) phone! Best phone on the market "

Me "ya what makes it so special?"

Random person" looking how beautiful the screen is! "

Me " ok what else can it do that my note can't"

Random person " um well..."

Me "can it do multi Window? "

Random " um no but. .."

Me " can it have 5-6 applications open at the same time. ..on the same screen"

Random "well..."

Me "do you have an spen for photo editing?"

Random " no. ..But um..."

Me "does your battery last 2 days with at least 8 hours of pure on screen time and all wireless connections enabled? "

Random " probably not. .."

Me "Do you have a floating keyboard, browser, pop up video or even pop up s note? "

Random person "... no"

Me "....so again... What makes your phone so special? "

Random " ....."

Me "matter of fact. .. ( I turn to other random person and turn the brightness up on the screen) sir which screen looks better?"

Other random "I guess this one (points to random persons phone), but it's not a big difference really.."

Me "exactly... so you have a phone that has a slightly better screen resolution... But can't compare on any other features....I think I'll be sticking to my note 2..."

Random person " ..." walks away jealous...