scratched display

Search This thread

nex_t

Mar 2, 2013
I scratched the display, is about 1 inch, not very visible and only when the phone is off.
Is there a solution to remove the small scratch ? Could i, maybe, in the future, to replace the screen display ?
Thank you

Reactions: CharlesG70

realMAcroS

Feb 17, 2013
Saint Petersburg
I scratched the display, is about 1 inch, not very visible and only when the phone is off.
Is there a solution to remove the small scratch ? Could i, maybe, in the future, to replace the screen display ?
Thank you

Did you scratched the surface of the glass or just the screen protector. Make sure.
Because all the latest Sony phones comes with the screen protector preinstalled.

CharlesG70

Jun 4, 2010
Toronto
Beautiful...

I just got a "Hand-me-down" Sony ZL (It is Great to have friends in the Business).

But there is a small 1" scratch in the top half of the screen. Not too bad when it is on but ugly when the screen is dark.

I only just now, after reading your posts, noticed that the screen already has a screen protector.

Is there anythign special needed to remove the old one?
I am jsut waiting for Amazon to deliver my new screen protecter than I will remove the old one and have a perfect phone.

Thanks for the heads up...

pedromsouza

Oct 19, 2013
Salvador
But the ZL doesn't have Dragontrail. Well, nobody confirmed it yet.

That's true. Some people say it is dragontail based on the Z screen... but I saw a test on youtube... this guy scratched the screen, then removed the protector... after that he tryied to scratch using knifes and keys but the screen was intact.

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
the zl comes with a screen protector installed on it. Remove the screen protector and install a new one.

Sent from my c6506 using tapatalk

thats a shatter proof tough screen protector it shouldnt b removed

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Thank you

IF ITS NOT EASILY VISIBLE then jst apply a screen protector on it it vl bcome almost invisible n the scrath is on the tough shatterproof sheet no need to worry

mr_esmit

Nov 18, 2010
my screen cracked and have been trying to source an oem one. All I get are those cheap china one. Anyone know where I can find a screen?? Thanks.

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
thats a shatter proof tough screen protector it shouldnt b removed

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

IF ITS NOT EASILY VISIBLE then jst apply a screen protector on it it vl bcome almost invisible n the scrath is on the tough shatterproof sheet no need to worry

While it shouldn't be removed... unfortunately, it's REALLY easy to scratch that "protector"...

They do remove easily and you can replace it with a different screen protector, I'm unsure what removing it might do to your Warranty... (mine ended up rather scratched up, and I replaced it with a Skinomi protector instead...

foomanjackel

Aug 19, 2013
CT
While it shouldn't be removed... unfortunately, it's REALLY easy to scratch that "protector"...

They do remove easily and you can replace it with a different screen protector, I'm unsure what removing it might do to your Warranty... (mine ended up rather scratched up, and I replaced it with a Skinomi protector instead...

how are you liking the skinomi protector? is that the "techskin"?

scifan

Dec 7, 2008

I think it's better than the original protector... But I've used this style of screen protector on other phones before as well, and found them to be pretty good.

Based on what I saw with the screen and finger prints, you don't want to try and use this phone without any screen protector... that just ends up being a mess waiting for a place to happen...

Reactions: foomanjackel

foomanjackel

Aug 19, 2013
CT
I think it's better than the original protector... But I've used this style of screen protector on other phones before as well, and found them to be pretty good.

Based on what I saw with the screen and finger prints, you don't want to try and use this phone without any screen protector... that just ends up being a mess waiting for a place to happen...

thank you brother, thats good to hear since i've already ordered one lol. :laugh:

so would you say getting the old one off is fairly easy? does it leave some sort of residue on the screen after removing?

thanks again for the info! mine has a couple of marks/scrapes on it that just annoy the heck out of me. love this phone if not for that.

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
thank you brother, thats good to hear since i've already ordered one lol. :laugh:

so would you say getting the old one off is fairly easy? does it leave some sort of residue on the screen after removing?

thanks again for the info! mine has a couple of marks/scrapes on it that just annoy the heck out of me. love this phone if not for that.

The old one wasn't too hard to take off... and I don't remember it leaving too much residue... start at a corner, and be careful... I think I used a needle to help me get it started... but was trying to be careful so I wouldn't actually scratch things under neath while trying to get the other screen protector off... you will want to clean the screen before you put the new protector on though...

Reactions: foomanjackel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The ZL comes with a screen protector installed on it. Remove the screen protector and install a new one.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    Thank you

The old one wasn't too hard to take off... and I don't remember it leaving too much residue... start at a corner, and be careful... I think I used a needle to help me get it started... but was trying to be careful so I wouldn't actually scratch things under neath while trying to get the other screen protector off... you will want to clean the screen before you put the new protector on though...