About supporting multiple screen.

Search This thread

Pryato

May 16, 2014
Hi,
About support for multiple screens , I have understood to be based on the dpi , screen density .
As I read there are 4 types of density in android devices, approximately:

low - 120 dpi
medium - 160 dpi
high - 240 dpi
xhigh - 320 dpi

Also, I would have to define everything that uses , in my application, ' dp ' rather than pixels , okey .

Now what?

Different screen sizes , with different densities .

Put yourself in the situation that I want to make a game and I want to start by making a background and sprite.
It would have to do 4 sprites and 4 different funds for different types of densities, ok ? But, who would actually scale ? I mean, to work in any image editor like photoshop.
That dimension should have , for example , the background ?

I'll start with the high density ( 240dpi ) .

I have three devices with different sizes but same density.
The first is of 480x800 , 320x480 second and third 768x1280 .
Well, for example , to make the background of the game , that dimension would have to have ? A be the average of the three ? 784x1280 ?
If this is true, now would have to convert the pixels in pd to have an intermediate dimension depending on the dpi and I can work with , using the formula p = dp * ( dpi/160 ), where 'p' are pixels, 'dp' density-independent pixels, and dpi are dpi

And I would have , rounding , 523dp x 854dp .
This would be my size in pixels with which would make my background in photoshop.

All this is correct ? If I make a real background with dimensions 523x854 pixels , which conventiran in ' dp ' in the android devices, will look good on all those screens whose density is high ?

Please, correct me and help me

PD: Sorry for my english, I used translate google :eek:

mohamedrashad

Nov 15, 2012
ismailia
Hi,
About support for multiple screens , I have understood to be based on the dpi , screen density .

low - 120 dpi
medium - 160 dpi
high - 240 dpi
xhigh - 320 dpi

Also, I would have to define everything that uses , in my application, ' dp ' rather than pixels , okey .

Now what?

Put yourself in the situation that I want to make a game and I want to start by making a background and sprite.
It would have to do 4 sprites and 4 different funds for different types of densities, ok ? But, who would actually scale ? I mean, to work in any image editor like photoshop.

Well, for example , to make the background of the game , that dimension would have to have ? A be the average of the three ? 784x1280 ?
If this is true, now would have to convert the pixels in pd to have an intermediate dimension depending on the dpi and I can work with , using the formula p = dp * ( dpi/160 ), where 'p' are pixels, 'dp' density-independent pixels, and dpi are dpi

This would be my size in pixels with which would make my background in photoshop.

All this is correct ? If I make a real background with dimensions 523x854 pixels , which conventiran in ' dp ' in the android devices, will look good on all those screens whose density is high ?

Make 5 folders in res folder

drawable-ldpi
drawable-mdpi
drawable-hdpi
drawable-xhdpi
drawable-xxhdpi

and put every thing on them and andrioid resize them automatically.

also...for best results use "wrap_content"
in layout_width and layout_height

Reactions: Pryato

arpitkh96

Feb 17, 2012
panipat
Hi,

low - 120 dpi
medium - 160 dpi
high - 240 dpi
xhigh - 320 dpi

Now what?

Just make one image of xxhdpi dimensions and resize it using Google android asset studio

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Pryato

andras_k

May 13, 2014
Santiago de Chile, Chile
You should also include a drawable-xxxhdpi folder. This is only required for 1080p devices with the KitKat launcher, and only the app icon is needed here, it should have a resolution of 192 x 192 pixels.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

low - 120 dpi
    medium - 160 dpi
    high - 240 dpi
    xhigh - 320 dpi

Now what?

Make 5 folders in res folder

drawable-ldpi
    drawable-mdpi
    drawable-hdpi
    drawable-xhdpi
    drawable-xxhdpi

and put every thing on them and andrioid resize them automatically.

also...for best results use "wrap_content"
    in layout_width and layout_height
    Hi,

low - 120 dpi
    medium - 160 dpi
    high - 240 dpi
    xhigh - 320 dpi

Now what?

Just make one image of xxhdpi dimensions and resize it using Google android asset studio

No need to resize manually. Android itself resize them

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
    No need to resize manually. Android itself resize them

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but it would cause more resource consumption