Jun 15, 2010
Guys just a general opinion which jellybean rom has the least issues

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Guys just a general opinion which jellybean rom has the least issues

You've been around long enough to know comparing the efforts of developers isn't good form on these boards. We're lucky that we have several devs working on projects that have come a long way. Unfortunately, all of the current JB and KK ROMs have some type of issue, mostly involving Bluetooth and portable hotspot tethering. At the moment I'd say the PACman ROM is closest to being ready. Followed closely by evervolv. I haven't tried MIUI yet, but the reactions in that thread have been very positive. Of course you could also try one of the CM ROMs which many have been using as daily drivers for awhile. Read the threads, see which ones have issues that would negatively affect you the most, then try the one that suits your needs the best.

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
Well yes I know what you're on about, I know about the developers putting in enormous amounts of efforts in the roms but the point was to highlight ics roms or those based on it seem to be bug free, I could use something like that myself to come up with a rom myself

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Well yes I know what you're on about, I know about the developers putting in enormous amounts of efforts in the roms but the point was to highlight ics roms or those based on it seem to be bug free, I could use something like that myself to come up with a rom myself

Your first post asked about JB, this one about ICS. Two different animals. On ICS we have many great fully functioning stable ROMs it boils down to the level of bloat you want removed for you, the theming, and the amount of tweaking and optimization. The leanest one that still maintains a fully functional sense is the one I'm using the Energy ROM, however, it's dated and the dev indicated last week that he'd be updating soon. SuperAfnan has a couple of outstanding ROMs both themed and stock. The ARHD ROM was updated yesterday and is totally stock with tweaks, it's probably the closest to the stock factory ROM. Then if you can live with a few minor bugs involving Bluetooth and tethering, the Viper Amaze is one of the most heavily tweaked, optimized, and full featured ROMs for our device, and it's sense 4 not 3.6 like the rest. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
Yes I'm on the energy one too tried nearly all of them but came back to this one. Somehow the amaze doesn't feel that smooth with either of the jellybean roms, which would you suggest for 4.1.2?

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
ROM comparison threads are not allowed. You need to test them out and find one that works for you by yourself. Please read the threads instead of asking because ROMS are subjective.
Please do not take developer work for granted.

As @Odysseus1962 stated there's so l many to choose from and he has already provided you with information so please just read the ROM threads. I'll give you a hint, there's a "broken" / "not working" section on the ROM threads so you can find bugs accordingly. Ones without it are usually more-or-less problem free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Odysseus1962

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
ROM comparison threads are not allowed. You need to test them out and find one that works for you by yourself. Please read the threads instead of asking because ROMS are subjective.

As @Odysseus1962 stated there's so l many to choose from and he has already provided you with information so please just read the ROM threads. I'll give you a hint, there's a "broken" / "not working" section on the ROM threads so you can find bugs accordingly. Ones without it are usually more-or-less problem free.

Why does it always take until the 2nd or 3rd response before they finally understand this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.