WARNING: Once youre unlocked dont use odin to flash custom ROMs.

Search This thread
Aug 16, 2012
OK, I have an issue. My phone is my hot-spot and only for of Internet connection. I just received a Verizon replacement (I do that every now and then to keep my warranty going) and I can't use casual with out being connected to the Internet. Is there a way I can download what I need and then use it. What can I do?

Thank you so much!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
OK, I have an issue. My phone is my hot-spot and only for of Internet connection. I just received a Verizon replacement (I do that every now and then to keep my warranty going) and I can't use casual with out being connected to the Internet. Is there a way I can download what I need and then use it. What can I do?

Thank you so much!

download from your phone, then transfer to your computer with USB.

Aug 16, 2012
Do I just need casual, drivers and Odin? I have casual and it loads and eighth of a way. It looks like it's trying to download from the Internet.

Aug 16, 2012
I am using my current Note II as a hotspot for my home internet (not with Verizon's permission). With that being said, I have a warranty replacement phone and would like to unlock and root it. The new phone is running 4.1.2 VRAMC3, so I would have to unlock/root it using these methods http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272066. However with my phone being the only source of internet via hotspot, I am unable to use this method as you must be connected to the internet. When I take the battery out of my current phone and put it in the replacement phone I have no internet (I understand this, this is not the issue).

What I am asking is there to unlock and root my replacement device like the old method here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2043636? This method needed no internet connection to the pc while unlocking/rooting.

If I can go ahead and use Casual Injection 9 to do it manually I imagine the pit file, The Bootloader Baseline package - Odin Package, Suck It Verizon Bootloader 2- Odin Package are not the same as it would be for the i605VRALJB.

Where can I download the correct files to use with Odin and Casual Injection 9?

Thank you so much!!

My laptop has a damaged screen or I would take it to the local McDonalds to use there internet connect. I dont see myself being welcome carrying my broken laptop and a 70" led tv to McDonalds lol.

MonstaDriva

Aug 13, 2013
Adam , I hope you will see and answer this one as I have looked all over seeking a solution . I have a sprint sph-d710 galaxy 2 . Its running stock 4.1.2 jellybean ( gb27) . Firstly I know this not the forum for my phone but my questions more related to this topic in general about not using odin to flash custom roms and I have followed Adam some as I also have the galaxy nexus and have read about his casual tool a good bit .

I've rooted it , cleaned up the bloat and the phone runs great . I don't want to install custom roms . I just want to back up my phone with a nandroid and be able to restore it if something messes up . I can't install cwm or twrp custom recovery to this device . I created a nandroid using the onandroid app ( Online Nandroid Backup ) but have no obvious way of restoration should I need to . I found this thread while googling about using odin to restore a nandroid based on cwm or twrp . Is my rom considered custom now since its been rooted and some of the sprint bloat removed or is it still considered stock ? Do you know of any solution for someone like me that can't have a custom recovery installed ? I rooted this phone using my pc and QBking77's one click method . I'm very comfortable with using the rooted phone but that's about the extent of my experience . I'm an old man but technically inclined and while I could have hung with the stuff I read here 30 years ago its over my head nowadays . I promise you all I have read and read but just get old and you'll understand when I tell you the old saying once a man , twice a child < grin > . Please , if anyone replies explain a little in detail . I will really appreciate any help and answers you will be kind enough to provide . I had hope possibly there might be some script like wugfresh's toolkit or your casual that might could run from the pc and possibly run temporary twrp to at least flash the nandroid to the phone . man I know I am grasping at straws here . anyway thanks so much

Last edited:

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Unless I misundestood, I do not believe Adam and Crew will be working on unlocking anymore Samsung devices. Its just too much hassle and almost impossible with anything that has a qualcom processor anyway.

jmboulware

Jan 7, 2012
Unless I misundestood, I do not believe Adam and Crew will be working on unlocking anymore Samsung devices. Its just too much hassle and almost impossible with anything that has a qualcom processor anyway.

Thanks man...I missed that. It's a shame though with the popularity.

Of course, we've heard "almost impossible" about a lot of devices over the years. I have faith. ;)

JB

Reactions: mwebb34

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Thanks man...I missed that. It's a shame though with the popularity.

Of course, we've heard "almost impossible" about a lot of devices over the years. I have faith. ;)

JB

I suggest doing some research on Qualcom processors...its not going to be unlocked. The only possibility is if a insecure bootloader is leaked, which is what happened on the VZW GS3. High unlikely that will happen again. Also with Knox security your warranty is void if you flash anything, being a workaround like safestrap is released. We are being pushed towards paying retail for dev editions if one wants a unlocked bootloader.

jmboulware

Jan 7, 2012
I suggest doing some research on Qualcom processors...its not going to be unlocked. The only possibility is if a insecure bootloader is leaked, which is what happened on the VZW GS3. High unlikely that will happen again. Also with Knox security your warranty is void if you flash anything, being a workaround like safestrap is released. We are being pushed towards paying retail for dev editions if one wants a unlocked bootloader.

DS you're just full of good news, aren't you? Lol
I don't understand why they would hold a device hostage like that when the whole allure of android is customization. It's very disheartening. I will research the Qualcomm processor because I'd like to learn how the processor determines whether or not it can be unlocked. I mean, the "lock" is software, is it not? If it was programmed one way, couldn't it be programmed the other? Or is the key broken of in they lock?

JB

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

I found this to be a good explanation of the problem...hard to write software to control switches you can't see.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30781353

JB

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Hey Adam
Is there any chance your working on a casual one click for Verizon Galaxy Note 3? If any body can do it YOU can. Your the man.

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
didn't listen

Adam,

I start with stating that I did a very careless dumb thing: I Odin'd the GT-N7100 leaked 4.3 files to my i605. It then worked as a wifi device but cannot see my sim or the VZ network.

Now I just want to come back home!

I was able to put CWM then TWRP back on and flash a CM nightly, and GAPPS back on. However I must still have N7100 Bootloaders.
[inital screen and DL mode has a line with GT-N7100].. N7100 BLs were among the 4 files ODIN'd.

This keep the rom from loading completely. just get the CM boot animation on and on ..

Can I find unlocked i605 bootloaders to ODIN? I'm open to any other solution.

bigmike35

Sep 3, 2010
Houston
Adam,

I start with stating that I did a very careless dumb thing: I Odin'd the GT-N7100 leaked 4.3 files to my i605. It then worked as a wifi device but cannot see my sim or the VZ network.

Now I just want to come back home!

I was able to put CWM then TWRP back on and flash a CM nightly, and GAPPS back on. However I must still have N7100 Bootloaders.
[inital screen and DL mode has a line with GT-N7100].. N7100 BLs were among the 4 files ODIN'd.

This keep the rom from loading completely. just get the CM boot animation on and on ..

Can I find unlocked i605 bootloaders to ODIN? I'm open to any other solution.

Have you tried to odin back to a complete stock base that is out there and proceed from there? Other then that I can't really help, but can't hurt to try that since you did that already

Reactions: p1gnone

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
Have you tried to odin back to a complete stock base that is out there and proceed from there? Other then that I can't really help, but can't hurt to try that since you did that already

tried and failed at the start: from "[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!" used the file:
CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW_Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar.md5

perhaps a stock can be done in Recovery...yet to attempt.

both of these Outler-team files fail to Odin for BLs:
BootloaderBaseline2.tar.md5.gz
SuckItVerizon_Odin_Package2.tar.md5.gz

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
tried and failed at the start: from "[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!" used the file:
CI605_I605VRLJB_I605VRALJB_CL414933_HWID04_HW_Rev0406_low_ship_user.tar.md5

perhaps a stock can be done in Recovery...yet to attempt.

both of these Outler-team files fail to Odin for BLs:
BootloaderBaseline2.tar.md5.gz
SuckItVerizon_Odin_Package2.tar.md5.gz

Can goto stock [Recovery] with "Stock Root De-Odex - I605VRALL4.zip" but still has N7100 BLs. Hence no sim, no network seen.

3 Other back to stock roms fail in Odin.

Casual fails in a "LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED" loop.

Is JTAG useful or my only hope?[MobileTechVideos]

p1gnone

Feb 14, 2011
watchung
.. JTAG useful or my only hope?[MobileTechVideos]

JTAG'd and set back to VRALJB, but now locked, so that no unofficial ROMs work. Can ODIN VRAMC3 from SAMMobile, and can go back to VRALJB,furthest back. But never will Casual or the old VRALJB exploit work, hannging after the DL reboot, PC sees the i605 but Casual cannot see it again.

How can I 'see' my Bootloaders?

My dumb move was to ODIN a full N7100 set of files including BLs. Do I perhaps have locked N7100 BLs? If so, would their[N7100] root/BL-unlock tools help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The title says it all. Nothing good can come of flashing with Odin except returning to stock. Stick with CWM or TWRP flashable zip files. If you disregard this message you will end up with a locked device, or even worse, a hard bricked device. Please use Odin as a factory restore tool only. I'm concerned that after unlock using our methods that people will flash the wrong thing and cause problems in the future.

The unlock method we have provided is not a standard Bootloader Unlock. It is an IROM unlock. This means you can quite literally flash anything to your device without any sort of signature checks. It is important that you stay safe and try to stay away from Odin unless absolutely necessary.
    Yup! I can already see the threads starting.... It is good to know that we can still use Odin though cause I was under the impression that Odin was a no-go at this point... So flashing the factory image from imnuts would be the best resort to get back to stock if we needed to return a device?

yes...check my guide out! I have step by step instructions that clearly state what and what not to do!!
    Followed by... "Please use Odin as a factory restore tool only" which made me question the otherwise obvious title. I assumed it was a "roms only" warning, but I preferred to ask and double check.. not find out otherwise the hard way after flashing a new radio.

This is here to warn people about flashing with Odin. After unlock, the bootloader will literally accept anything, even a justin beiber MP3. you could brick easily.
    I don't mean to sound mean but if you really can't figure out how to get to his unlock thread do you really think it's a good idea to be unlocking your bootloader? Maybe you should just stick to a rooted image and read up and learn for awhile before jumping in over your head

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

To be fair, the distinction between "Android development" and "Original Android development" is new for many of us. I, too, was wondering how to get back to this thread since I tend to browse XDA through bookmarks instead of the site hierarchies. I didn't realize there was an "original Android development" section until after I double checked the name on the thread jumper. It's not that one is technologically illiterate (I got through all this in one fell swoop with no issues and have rooted and unlocked every phone I've owned since the G1), it's just that it's different. Last device I had didn't have a section for original development, so it wasn't immediately obvious to me (though I quickly understood what it was for). so cut him some slack and just kindly point him to the right direction. I know you said you weren't trying to sound mean, but if you really weren't trying to sound mean you could have just helped him out without all of the extra, unnecessary commentary. You know what they say about assumptions, after all.
    Thanks for all the hard work

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app