Bring us back from legacy!!

Search This thread

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Good luck with it man.. porting isn't as easy as some think it is. Sure is fun learning what is all involved though isn't it? That's my favorite part is not knowing something completely and troubleshooting. I learn way more that way.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Everything's good. Been busy porting (well trying to port) ICS Miui to the Nook Color. Figured tonight I'd pop in and see what's new in HeroC land.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Porting huh??? Well that's were ya been a??? Hope all is well man. When you have a sec check your pm's.

#Root-Hack\Mod*Always_
""Shooter on Deck""

Sep 17, 2010
Sounds like you guys need to upgrade to wife 2.0...

Not a good idea.

This is due to a very common problem that generates many complaints. It is due to a primary misconception generally by male users. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that it is merely a “Utilities and Entertainment program”.
Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its creator to run everything! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and return to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating systems files cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0, so nothing is gained.
It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to disallow this.
Some have tried Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than in the original system. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under “Warnings - Alimony/Child Support.” I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation.
I suggest installing the background application C:\YES DEAR to alleviate software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I also suggest that you read the entire section regarding “General Partnership Faults (GPFs).” You must assume all responsibility for any faults and problems that occur, regardless of their cause. You will also find that GPF’s are cyclical. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. Avoid excessive use of C:\YES DEAR because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return too normal anyway.
Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 (which replaces Burn It 1.0), Trash 4.0, and Do Bills 4.2.
You must, however, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program NagNag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 should this happen.

WARNING!!!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install SecretaryShortSkirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

:D

Reactions: NineInchNails

fargond71

Aug 29, 2010
Not a good idea.

This is due to a very common problem that generates many complaints. It is due to a primary misconception generally by male users. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that it is merely a “Utilities and Entertainment program”.
Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its creator to run everything! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and return to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating systems files cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0, so nothing is gained.
It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to disallow this.
Some have tried Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than in the original system. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under “Warnings - Alimony/Child Support.” I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation.
I suggest installing the background application C:\YES DEAR to alleviate software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I also suggest that you read the entire section regarding “General Partnership Faults (GPFs).” You must assume all responsibility for any faults and problems that occur, regardless of their cause. You will also find that GPF’s are cyclical. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. Avoid excessive use of C:\YES DEAR because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return too normal anyway.
Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 (which replaces Burn It 1.0), Trash 4.0, and Do Bills 4.2.
You must, however, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program NagNag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 should this happen.

WARNING!!!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install SecretaryShortSkirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

:D

That is too funny. Sending to all my buddies....

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
I find myself browsing XDA since there's maybe 3 new posts a day around here... Useful though. I find something new in the forums all the time.

Ebaum1

Dec 10, 2011
Columbus, Oh
Ok I got one for everyone...running LeWa as a daily...but now when I try to download from a link in the XDA app, I am getting an error saying that the page may have moved and to make sure I have data enabled. I have data/wifi just fine as I am posting with the XDA app. Any suggestions? I have tried multiple links with the same end result.

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

fargond71

Aug 29, 2010
Ok I got one for everyone...running LeWa as a daily...but now when I try to download from a link in the XDA app, I am getting an error saying that the page may have moved and to make sure I have data enabled. I have data/wifi just fine as I am posting with the XDA app. Any suggestions? I have tried multiple links with the same end result.

have you tried a different browser? Boat seems to work well on other roms where the stock browser doesn't want to download.

On a separate note just got the epic touch the other day. Not going to be leaving here because still going to tinker with my little hero. Gonna make it into a wifi phone, pmp, and probably into a computer keyboard and mouse. That why you have to love Android.

Wanted to tell you guys thanks for all your hard work and hopefully as I'm browsing in other sections will see some of the familiar names that I've seen here first.

Ebaum1

Dec 10, 2011
Columbus, Oh
have you tried a different browser? Boat seems to work well on other roms where the stock browser doesn't want to download.

On a separate note just got the epic touch the other day. Not going to be leaving here because still going to tinker with my little hero. Gonna make it into a wifi phone, pmp, and probably into a computer keyboard and mouse. That why you have to love Android.

Wanted to tell you guys thanks for all your hard work and hopefully as I'm browsing in other sections will see some of the familiar names that I've seen here first.

It worked from the stock browser, just not the XDA app...

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
My brain is dead right now... Bump... Attached is the dance I just came back from. I'm now going to sleep for 16+ hours and feel like crap in the morning. Funny thing is that this dance was the second largest annual dance at this university. I go to the #2 biggest party school in the University of California system. Lol. :thumbup: :beer:

uploadfromtaptalk1330258631646.jpg

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。

Last edited:
Reactions: NineInchNails

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on a mission. We aren't dead or a legacy device just yet. I feel we've been put here too early to make room for other phones threads. We still have updates to our roms. That's not low activity. Sure we aren't high traffic here but there's still plenty of users.

Anything you wanna chat about? Questions? This is after all the general thread.

Sent from my HTX Zero Hero Sense 3.5
    Hey if I post enough times they will let me post in the development section. So I end up killing two birds with one stone.;)

Have to say I'm glad that there is a place like xda for people to share their ideas and work. Otherwise I would probably have upgraded my little hero by now. Still actually enjoy the little phone. When I get tired of it I switch roms and boom got a new phone.

Where I live all we have is 3g so don't really figure it pays to upgrade til sprint figures out what they are doing with their 4g.

Man I remember when this forum was hoppin. I knew nothing of android. Just lurking and reading whatever I could understand. Now.. I develop for it :D And all thanks to XDA. Almost everything I learned, I learned here. It takes a lot of time reading and searching and understanding.

New users. Feel free to post here if you can't post in the development threads. Just please refrain from "stupid" questions that can easily be answered with a search. Please read the forum rules. I beg of you. They are there for a good reason. Us senior members remember what it was like being new here but it gets old answering the same questions over and over. I will be glad to help or discuss anything here. And please use the Thanks button. I'm a complete whore over it. I'll admit it. But I do return a lot of them too.

Shameless plug time :)

Try out Team Hydra's Zero Hero Sense 3.5!! It's what Sprint should have left us with!!
    Hmmmmmmmmm

Do I see a new Rom posted by Team Hydra??? Why YES I DO!

Might not ever bring us back from Legacy but we aren't a low activity device
    I'M OUT FOR BLOOD NOW!!! Lol ;) damn how'd this even start Ebaum I blame you sir

I have been blamed for much worse, I will wear this on my sleeve like a badge of honor!
    I would try reflashing the .35 kernel. Maybe that could help. Never seen that issue before.