[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
OK, further research seems to indicate that I will need a different kernel that will provide the support for OpenGL ES. According to About Phone, I currently have "2.6.38.8-cayniarb-ics-stock-031012+cayniarb@prime". What kernel(s) are you people using that provide proper OpenGL support?

*edit #3 or 4.. heh.. Ok, so it appears that Mason and Tiamat are the two favored kernels by people running ICS on their Evo 4Gs. How do I decide which one to use?
flash each and compare.

ropodope

If life hands you melons you are probably dylsexic.

NUGZZ420

Feb 5, 2012
OREGON
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9 Pro
OK, further research seems to indicate that I will need a different kernel that will provide the support for OpenGL ES. According to About Phone, I currently have "2.6.38.8-cayniarb-ics-stock-031012+cayniarb@prime". What kernel(s) are you people using that provide proper OpenGL support?

*edit #3 or 4.. heh.. Ok, so it appears that Mason and Tiamat are the two favored kernels by people running ICS on their Evo 4Gs. How do I decide which one to use?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546878

I like the sbc hwa one i think its based on tiamat kernel .. not a 100%

Sleestax

Jun 27, 2008
Atlanta
OK, so I've tried Tiamet (Tiamat_Supersonic-sbc-v031412) and Mason (v0.14 sbc). Neither one of them solves the problem of the base browser rending pages slow as molasses when the OpenGL rendering option is selected.

I generally use the Dolphin HD browser anyway, since it can emulate desktop when connecting to websites. However, I was hoping to see an improvement in the stock browser with the OpenGL option selected. It's supposed to make things really fast and smooth. It's the exact opposite for me, it takes 45+ seconds to render a webpage (basic ones like google.com). That's on wifi with full signal strength.

Oh well, maybe the next PB release will help with this. I am also hoping for Wimax to show up in the ICS ROMs eventually. I may have to downgrade to a gingerbread rom to get wimax back. I don't think I can live at 3G speed anymore.

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
Im on pb9, im using smurfed out and im using nova launcher, when i go into my app draw all of the icons are kinda messed up and takes while for it to clear up and when i got to the next page in the app drawer, it messes up again

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

tristandespain

Jul 3, 2011
Im on pb9, im using smurfed out and im using nova launcher, when i go into my app draw all of the icons are kinda messed up and takes while for it to clear up and when i got to the next page in the app drawer, it messes up again

Go into your build.prop and edit it. At the very bottom it will say something like

Debug enabler=true.
Edit it to say
Debug enabler=false

Then save and reboot. This will solve the problem.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

Reactions: marvinlh

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
In root explorer mount as R/W and longpress on build.prop. you should get option to open in text editor. Or any file manager with root access will do. But I don't know if they all have built in text editors.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

phistyle

Jan 29, 2007

just delete nova launcher using root explorer and install apex launcher...works a whole lot better

grizzly812

Feb 8, 2009
Is anyone else having problems with roaming on this ROM? I show connected to roaming but cannot dial out or send data. I have always had roaming when at work but since going to this ROM I cannot get anything to come through when in roaming. Thanks.

+1 here, had the same problem with my wife's phone (unrooted, stock GB Evo 4G) and mine (pick a day/pick a new ROM). Routing through Google Voice seemed to fix the problem.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

My Bluetooth isn't working now that I've flashed PB9, anyone else having this problem and found a way to fix it?

You and me both, haven't seen anyone fix it, not everyone appears to be having the problem......

etnpnys

Jul 3, 2010
Hey all, thanx for the hard work. Anxiously awaiting beta/final. In the meantime, which ICS for EVO4g is more fully functional: evervolv, deck's, or <other>? I really just need phone functionality, bluetooth, wifi, and rear cam working. Thanx in advance.

boombotz401

Sep 9, 2011
northeast
Hey all, thanx for the hard work. Anxiously awaiting beta/final. In the meantime, which ICS for EVO4g is more fully functional: evervolv, deck's, or <other>? I really just need phone functionality, bluetooth, wifi, and rear cam working. Thanx in advance.

What your looking for you can find right here with deck ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D