Galaxy Nexus for $459.50 on Negri (NTT Docomo version)

Search This thread

jup007

Sep 28, 2010
I have the docomo version as well and it doesn't have this generic imei number with 0000. Mine looks like a regular imei number and works fine on att, even after flashing to stock yakju and aokp, the sim stays unlocked. phone was never used, but only opened to unlock the bootloader. thats about it. Lucky i guess? idk but i ordered mine from amazon.
Some Docomo version phones come factory SIM unlocked, obviously even Negri had some. If you have SPTBox or some similar tool it'd probably not really the problem to unlock anything Somesung. Or they might have gotten access to some stock that was ready for Docomo but didn't finally end up there and locked.

Only thing I am pretty sure about is that Docomo branded phone with generic IMEI were at one time locked to Docomo and were "unlocked" by fdocomo app.

Reactions: uranis

etche

Aug 31, 2010
Buenos Aires
Just to confirm.. I bought two Nexi from Negri and was lucky enough to receive both unlocked with my unique imeis displaying correctly.

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
So, as I posted earlier, I bought a second one i9250 ($430), not from negri of course.
Phone came with the same seal by Samsung, but it was not plastic wrapped like Negris. Bootloader is not unloced, imei is correct and 1st boot took me to the setup (negris went to launcher)

It came with 4.0.1 and after a few minutes it updated to 4.0.2 OTA. at this point I rooted and CWM.

anyway.
I notice a DIFFERENCE in hardware, there is a small antenna? in the i9250 that the Docomo doesn't have, see pics, other than that they look the same to me.

Might be my impression but the i9250 performs a little better catching H signal, I just tried for 1 day.

Anybody know what this antenna does?

Interesting - so there are hardware differences

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

uranis

Mar 19, 2012
Some Docomo version phones come factory SIM unlocked, obviously even Negri had some. If you have SPTBox or some similar tool it'd probably not really the problem to unlock anything Somesung. Or they might have gotten access to some stock that was ready for Docomo but didn't finally end up there and locked.

Only thing I am pretty sure about is that Docomo branded phone with generic IMEI were at one time locked to Docomo and were "unlocked" by fdocomo app.

Was a bit confusing but makes sense now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jup007

Sep 28, 2010
Looks like antenna connector to me. SC-04D (docomo version) does not have one, mine doesn't either. Looks like original Galaxy Nexus does.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Or they could have just gotten to this method ahead of us (md5 validates but is mismatched, will probably stop working eventually):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1606982
Or they could just have bought SPTBox or equivalent and do proper factory unlock. They're shipping so many of these phones that cost of it would be negligible and they could stop worrying about people complaining about generic IMEI. Plus repair broken phones (where people messed up /factory) locally instead of shipping them overseas. I believe that's what I would do.

edgarzin

Dec 3, 2010
Hi guys, just got two GNEXUS NTT DOCOMO version from a third party seller in Amazon.com called BLUETKUSA.COM.

Until now, everything is fine, it is 4.0.2 non yakju and they are unlocked, unique IMEI each, but i am a little confused about the possibility of they get locked again. How do I know if they are perm or temp unlocked?

If i get an official system update, will they lock again?

thanks all!

Edgar

Reactions: Cabal_

divinemyth99

Nov 16, 2010
Fargo
Cheaper, direct from Google

Huh. Google added a "Shop Devices" category to the Google Play store, and they have the (https:// play.google .com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa)Nexus, SIM unlocked, for $399.

I wonder if Negri's going to cut their price or stop importing this phone? I'd say "I wish I'd waited 2 weeks" but I don't. This is an awesome phone, even with the minor struggles (IMEI fix, probably have to call Money Network before Wallet will provision a prepaid card, etc), I'm happier to have had the phone sooner.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
Huh. Google added a "Shop Devices" category to the Google Play store, and they have the (https:// play.google .com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa)Nexus, SIM unlocked, for $399.

I wonder if Negri's going to cut their price or stop importing this phone? I'd say "I wish I'd waited 2 weeks" but I don't. This is an awesome phone, even with the minor struggles (IMEI fix, probably have to call Money Network before Wallet will provision a prepaid card, etc), I'm happier to have had the phone sooner.

I think there's tax and shipping, that's what I read. So the savings is like $30 I think

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

chlehqls

Jun 18, 2011
Toledo, OH
I think there's tax and shipping, that's what I read. So the savings is like $30 I think

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
This.

I was kind of regretting that I jumped the gun so early, but then I realize I had all the joys of tweaking and modding (IMEI fix) that would be considered priceless. Besides, this is the sad tale of all tech purchases, as they decrease in value considerably after a few months.

chlehqls

Jun 18, 2011
Toledo, OH
445.84 directly from Google... Have the Page open just deciding should I press the complete your purchase button

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
Do it. Looks like you have the T989 which has barren development right now. It's not even confirmed if that phone will even get ICS in recent news.

I would sell the T989 and buy the Galaxy Nexus. I did the same thing back in March and I haven't looked back. The Development community is too awesome here.

Reactions: minhajmsd

Sackboy11

Apr 25, 2012
So, as I posted earlier, I bought a second one i9250 ($430), not from negri of course.
Phone came with the same seal by Samsung, but it was not plastic wrapped like Negris. Bootloader is not unloced, imei is correct and 1st boot took me to the setup (negris went to launcher)

It came with 4.0.1 and after a few minutes it updated to 4.0.2 OTA. at this point I rooted and CWM.

anyway.
I notice a DIFFERENCE in hardware, there is a small antenna? in the i9250 that the Docomo doesn't have, see pics, other than that they look the same to me.

Might be my impression but the i9250 performs a little better catching H signal, I just tried for 1 day.

Anybody know what this antenna does?
I'm not completely sure about this, but I think that little piece of metal is present on the Japanese model as well, but covered up. I think it's odd for a nexus device to have hardware variations that affect performance.... let alone the docomo simlock itself :(......

jup007

Sep 28, 2010
This.

I was kind of regretting that I jumped the gun so early, but then I realize I had all the joys of tweaking and modding (IMEI fix) that would be considered priceless. Besides, this is the sad tale of all tech purchases, as they decrease in value considerably after a few months.
I am quite happy to see Google selling them. Maybe the huge popularity of negri and other importers helped them to realize that having reference developer device that doesn't even officially sell in the US is a bit weird.

It was maddening to go to official page (www.google.com/nexus) only to be told that I should buy CDMA version from Verizon with 2 year contract. So now they finally fixed it. ;)

It would be nice if this became standard for next Google phone...

Vyse666

Dec 1, 2009
I'm not completely sure about this, but I think that little piece of metal is present on the Japanese model as well, but covered up. I think it's odd for a nexus device to have hardware variations that affect performance.... let alone the docomo simlock itself :(......

Huh?

That circular port is used during production to test the phone's connectivity, via an external antenna. It does not affect commercial/consumer use at all.

Everyone needs to chill out. :rolleyes:

divinemyth99

Nov 16, 2010
Fargo

simlock doesn't affect performance. It's a software setting, not something running constantly in the background.

That "small antenna", as has been mentioned a few times is an SMA Connector. It's not an antenna, but an antenna port. And yes, you are correct (and you can even see in his photo) there is a small plastic sticky over the docomo's SMA connector.

My suspicion is his two phones are on different basebands. Baseband can make a big difference in your phone's ability to connect on H reliably and quickly.

Alternatively, if they're both on the same baseband, it's quite likely just a matter of perception. He only had it for a day when he commented and I'm not going to worry myself unconfirmed anecdotes.

jup007

Sep 28, 2010
simlock doesn't affect performance. It's a software setting, not something running constantly in the background.

That "small antenna", as has been mentioned a few times is an SMA Connector. It's not an antenna, but an antenna port. And yes, you are correct (and you can even see in his photo) there is a small plastic sticky over the docomo's SMA connector.

Confirmed. The plastic thing can be easily removed, revealing antena connector on Docomo version. It's just a piece of tape anyway, in case you want to put it back.

So no hardware difference. Just a cheap tape. Move on.

Now, I will probably become known as the one who likes to attempts to destroy his gnex. ;)

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com

Fantastic deal considering buying from Google directly carries a Samsung USA warranty for 1 year. You're not going to find that anywhere at this point.

kgdg

Apr 18, 2008
They are modified by fdocomo app. Author himself confirmed this in that thread, fdocomo perm unlock modifies factory/nv_data.bin&md5 and .nv_data.bak&md5,data/radio/nv_data.bin&md5 . So all of them. My phone confirmed this as datum on both these file sets in /factory was 30th March - this is the time when Negri run fdocomo, obviously.;)

If they were intact, factory reset would result in your phone relocking (because original version of these files contains docomo lock). They are unlocked, but with not matching md5 sums - thus factory resets generates some fallback nv_data.bin which doesn't contain neither docomo lock, nor your IMEI.

Edit:

In other words:
  • Original docomo locked phone = factory files contains IMEI & Docomo lock, md5 signtature matches it's content
  • Negri shipped phone = factory files contain (luckily for us) your IMEI & are unlocked, but md5 signature is wrong, which means they're never used
  • My method applied = md5 in factory is fixed, files in factory are used again, and you get your IMEI & no lock

I am currently on 4.0.4 (IMM76I), lost root when I accepted OTA.
Since mine is the Docomo import, I have generic IMEI, so I can't use Google Wallet, but would like to.

So, can I use your method to obtain real IMEI, just long enough for me to add the prepaid card in Wallet (adding prepaid card requires non-generic IMEI) and then switch back to generic IMEI? The reason I want to remain with generic IMEI is so Tmobile cannot block it from using it on tzones data plan.
Or does Wallet use check IMEI everytime it is used? If so, the above plan won't work...I would have to permanently obtain non-generic IMEI..

KG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lock Status of the Docomo Galaxy Nexus

Hey All,

First of all thank you for all of your support on the thread. Our Docomo Galaxy Nexus are loaded with the Android OS, v4.02 Yakju which updates from Google. So rest assured there. The Phone comes unlocked and should never lock. You could load a Docomo ROM on there and maybe lock it; but that wouldn't be anything you would want to do.

If you have any problems with any of them please contact us at support@negrielectronics.com so that we can help you.

If we missed something here please let us know. Have a great day.
    Be Everywhere!

Just know that we can not be everywhere and that you can always contact us directly if we are not responding here.

The warranty issue is complicated as it's different based on the model. Which is why we simply state that the warranty is between you and the manufacture. We will assist in everything we can to ensure an easy process.

Send the device to us (your coin), we send to Japan on our next shipment. We also ship to you for free once we get them back. If there is an expedited request, you will be asked to pay for the transit in full.

You are welcome to contact Samsung Japan for assistance as well. Please note that we do attempt to repair the device before we send them to Japan. We do have a certified technician on staff.

Most times we are unable to offer a replacement, as we are not given replacements to offer from Samsung. So your warranty issue would be sent to Samsung. if they find that a replacement is necessary they will provide one.

Any other questions we are here 7:30-6:00PM M-F.

(We ship from Nevada, so that is where you will need to send your device if you do have an issue).
    I created new thread about how to unlock with unique imei: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25025562 .

It contains basically all I know about unlocking phone, so it's quite long. I hope it will discourage people who don't know what I am talking about from trying it.

Thanks divinemyth for testing this.
    I m thinking of buying this phone from negri electronics?? Can someone tell me if i ll have any issues using this phone in INdia? the band frequencies used there are 900 and 1800 .. Other than that i heard someone say that his phone had chinese language.. how do i change to english if i have that ?? I dont know chinese??
    Did u guys get free shipping and how much time doe it take??:D:D

want to join nexus club asap!!:D

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

whenever i open negri electronics on my google chrome , it shows the http as crossed but it is fine in IE and firefox.. I read that it is not safe to do transctions at these sites?? Is it true?? From where did u guys order your phone??and did u do an online transaction?? Please help... i want to order this phone..;)

They are a real site and trust-able. However, for India you better make sure you have a unique IMEI number as I know for sure the generic one these phones come unlocked to will not work in India.
    When ordering, make sure they ship it with the unique IMEI number intact. Just had an Indian friend find his SC-04 phone did not work when using the 0000 IMEI number there. Helped him changed it back to the original one (****docomo app again) and it worked fine.
    From Negri Electronics CEO RE: DoCoMo Galaxy Nexus

Thank you for your time.
    First and foremost I would like to thank you for your business and your support. The purpose of this memo is to address a growing concern over a model of Galaxy Nexus sold by Negri Electronics.
    In March of 2012 we were offered a discounted variant of the Galaxy Nexus by one of our respected distributors. We placed a large quantity order for the discounted Galaxy Nexus dubbed the “DoCoMo Version”. This was an international version that was unlocked, GSM compatible, and set to work on any GSM network in the world. We were happy to be able to provide these popular devices to our customers at a discount during the frenzy that existed when this device was released.
    It was brought to our attention several months later that the IMEIs of these devices started coming up “not found” or “unknown” with various carriers. We offered and accepted returns for the few that were experiencing this issue.
    As the issues continued, we reported the situation to our distributor and the explanation provided said that the devices were meant for an international market, and that a custom ROM was applied to unlock them for use on networks in other countries such as the US. We were unhappy with the explanation and the lack of proactive communication. We canceled all open orders with the distributor.
    We have since been accepting returns for all of these devices well beyond our standard return policy limitations. We are offering a new, non-DoCoMo, Galaxy Nexus in exchange wherever possible or providing store credit.
    Customers have experienced significant inconveniences stemming from this situation and for that I am sincerely sorry. Please know that it was not our intention to sell a device loaded with an unofficial ROM, or any device that would fail to meet all of your expectations. We take full responsibility for this mistake.
    We promise to always do what is right. We promise to never intentionally mislead you. I can assure you that this mistake will not happen again, and we will do everything in our power to make sure that customers negatively affected are made whole, and are satisfied with their device and Negri Electronics.

Thank You,

Ryan J. Negri- Founder & CEO
    Negri Electronics, Inc.