Pogo Chargers for sale

Search This thread

dust.

Jul 18, 2011
Please post reviews when you guys can! I'm still skeptical about this but hopefully it turns out to be legitimate!

udimars30

Mar 13, 2012
Gurgaon
I live in India and have a nexus 10 and want to buy this but when I click on buy it goes from eBay.com to ebay.in
Plzz help I want to buy it

Fissurez

Jul 6, 2012
I dunno 'bout you guys, but this definitely does not seem to be an official Google made one, but instead a 3rd party one.

scottypimpin636

May 12, 2009
I dunno 'bout you guys, but this definitely does not seem to be an official Google made one, but instead a 3rd party one.

That's because it is 3rd party. Just like when the iphone 5 first came out and apple didn't release the adapter for it, people got it on eBay from 3rd party retailers.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

uncola

Feb 6, 2009
Well I'm in for one. This will be my first magnetic power connector ever. I can finally face apple fanboys with my head held high.

daLareid

Nov 28, 2012
please do let us know if this cable is any good, and if there's truly a difference from opting to this instead of regular micro-usb, could be a phony.

JPW1

Dec 6, 2012
It is too bad google has not released a Pogo charger yet. Personally, I hope they make 1 with a dock rather than just a cable.

dankerton

Nov 17, 2012
Guys I would be skeptical about this. It is just the cable so you are gonna use the same charger transformer so it is not gonna charge any faster and 26 bucks totals seems like a rip. Also is this just for charging or can it transfer data? I'm gonna wait.

Reactions: Tesla67

falconoble

Aug 9, 2012
Rockford
Guys I would be skeptical about this. It is just the cable so you are gonna use the same charger transformer so it is not gonna charge any faster and 26 bucks totals seems like a rip. Also is this just for charging or can it transfer data? I'm gonna wait.

Once the OEM POGO cable comes out it'll cost about the same price. I'd wager it costs a little more because it's an "official" part.

As far as charging speed, it's already been found that the N10 is only pulling somewhere between 1.5 and 1.8 amps out of a USB 2.0 cable, which is a limitation of the cable itself and not the transformer. The theory being passed around the forums is that the POGO cable doesn't have the same limitation and can draw the full 2 amps.

Either way, leave us to check it out if you're skeptical. We're not signing any organs away. We know what we're getting into.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: dust. and skally

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Once the OEM POGO cable comes out it'll cost about the same price. I'd wager it costs a little more because it's an "official" part.

As far as charging speed, it's already been found that the N10 is only pulling somewhere between 1.5 and 1.8 amps out of a USB 2.0 cable, which is a limitation of the cable itself and not the transformer. The theory being passed around the forums is that the POGO cable doesn't have the same limitation and can draw the full 2 amps.

Either way, leave us to check it out if you're skeptical. We're not signing any organs away. We know what we're getting into.

Is there a current app you use to check that its 1.5-1.8 amps?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Found the information in this thread. They did the research. Not sure if there's an app that can check power draw; is there?

Never seen an app for it.

The only accurate way is to use an external ammeter. You could get a rough number using a household energy monitor, but that would include current used by the power supply

There are a few electrical engineers around this board, someone with a decent lab psu could graph the charging process start to finish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just received mine

Arrived with post this afternoon. I'm in the UK.

I attached a couple of photos, including one of the "manual".

I'm watching it charge now, it was at 51% and after 20 minutes, its at 59%. I'm running battery monitor widget which is showing a charge current of around 1920mA with the screen off the same widget over usb was showing around 1600mA so it looks to me a 20% increase is about right.

It's not showing as a usb device for me either.
    Hey there. Please don't blast me because I might just be missing something here, but I've been following this post for a while now and I still don't get the allure of this product. From what I read it seems to be offering about a 20℅ increase in charging ability. Typically, my N10 takes about 10 hours to charge after being completely dead. So instead of 10 hours it will now take 8? That doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. If it was a 50℅ improvement then that might be something else. Am I missing something?

It's not just the charge time mate, it's the fact that you now have the micro USB port free to say connect a OTG cable etc. when charging! As well as that the micro USB port is less susceptible to damage now as you will be using it a lot lot less.

Cheers,
    M
    so all these people getting the pogo, but nobody did any timed test for how long it takes to go from 0 to 100% full???????????????????????????????
    This is clearly a scam people. EBAY does not take down ads unless they have reason to believe they are bogus or illegal. That fact that they didn't answer your direct question is more proof.

- Rick

C'mon son, if you actually visited the website you would clearly see what the problem was from his blog post (with screenshots).