Pogo Chargers for sale

Search This thread

tyhe314

Dec 7, 2012
I didn't get an email either and ordered on the first listing.

I didn't receive an email but I did get a message through ebay. This is the gist:

140899881126 - MagNector - Nexus 10 Pogo Cable

We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In some cases, the item itself is fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.

Here's what you can do next:

-- If you already paid, received your item, and you're satisfied, please disregard this notice.
-- If you won the item but haven't paid, don't pay. Since eBay removed the listing, you're no longer obligated to go through with the transaction.
-- If you already paid for this item through eBay, and it's past the estimated delivery time, you can open a case in our Resolution Center. Click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process of opening a case.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Here are some numbers from the Battery monitor widget

With charger connected
Code:
screen off:     net gain of 1600mA
screen on min:  net gain of  700mA
screen on full: net LOSS of  100mA
With charger unplugged
Code:
screen off:     net loss of   20mA
screen on min:  net loss of  900mA
screen on full: net loss of 1800mA
I also tried a couple of laps in Asphalt 7 (unplugged)
Code:
screen on min:  net loss of 1540mA
screen on full: net loss of 2480mA

strangely, playing a 1440p video on dim and full brightness got the same net losses as doing nothing

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Did any of you who got this email, order from the first time it was listed?
I connected my clamp amp meter between the N10 and the power supply. While ON it varies depending on what your doing. It was at 95%, so it was charging or so it states but draw from the PS is from 650mA- 800mA. Nowhere near what the PS can supply. I tried twice with the N10 OFF, one time it was charging at 620mA and the second time at 740mA. The charger inside the N10 is just isn't asking for the current that the PS has to offer. The POGO contacts "may" not be any better.

The Battery Monitor widget is showing a +625mA while the amp meter was showing 700-800mA. Although, there are circuits that can amplify current. Forgot most if not all my military electronic training about stuff like that or how it works but it can charge a battery at a higher rate than it's drawing from its PS.

falconoble

Aug 9, 2012
Rockford
Looks like I was totally right to be suspicious about this =D

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

No one said you weren't. I just said we were big boys and knew what we were getting into so you could leave the risk-taking to those who were willing. If I was complaining and we'd all wound up signing our souls away, then you can get to your vindicating.

Otherwise, sit back down and save your hoorahs for when someone winds up in Bangkok missing a kidney and a ring finger.

falconoble

Aug 9, 2012
Rockford
I just got that e-mail from eBay about the removal. I guess it got staggered out.

Here's a listing that is currently unavailable to purchase, but hasn't been removed. It's the same item from the same seller. Found the link in this thread.

The listing says that shipping won't start until the 28th, so I'm assuming we won't hear anything else until then. I think I'll wait a day before contacting the Resolution Center.

EDIT:

Just received a response from ifsolutionz.

Sent:
Dear ifsolution,

What has happened to item number 140899881126? The Magnetic POGO cable for the Nexus 10? It seems you've removed it. Are you still shipping this item to those of us who ordered? If not, I'd like a full refund, please.

- falconoble

Received:
Dear falconoble,

Hi falconoble,

As we described on the listing, the item will be shipped out from 28th of December in the order that order were placed. Your order apparently would be shipped on 28th of Dec or next business day. Pleae let us know if you still want the item, otherwise we will give you a full refund. Thank you.
- ifsolution

Last edited:

corwinmortac

Nov 13, 2006
Dallas
The way the auction was closed did not actually denote fraud....I've seen those before ....fingers crossed ...I've also sent the same seller an email so we will see....damnit

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

scottypimpin636

May 12, 2009
When I created this thread I messaged the seller with the link to it, so he knows it exists.

With me being in Afghanistan on deployment I canceled mine since it would take 6+ weeks to get here and by then am oem version may be out. The seller is very responsive so you may want to message him and ask what happened.

falconoble

Aug 9, 2012
Rockford
Dear. falconoble

Your order are ready to be shipped out.
At this moment, for some reason,Ebay delisted the items. but you don't worried about it.
Meanwhile, Your order seems to be shipped out 28.Dec or next business day.

Thank you again.

- ifsolution

This was the answer I was given when I asked why the listing was taken down. It's likely the same answer anyone else will get.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium HD app

Bru87tr

Nov 25, 2012
Lowell, MA
My guess is those who completed the transaction will still be getting theirs.

from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35969193&postcount=122
Mail from the seller:

Your order are ready to be shipped out.
At this moment, for some reason,Ebay delisted the items. but you don't worried about it.
Meanwhile, Your order seems to be shipped out 28.Dec or next business day.
It would take approximately 5~10 days to get delivered to Germany from Korea.
After we ship, we'll let you know the tracking number, immediately.

Thank you again.

- ifsolution

Looks like I was totally right to be suspicious about this =D

Looks like the pat on the back you gave yourself was a bit premature;)

falconoble

Aug 9, 2012
Rockford
So I got my shipping confirmation and tracking number on December 31. It's already been handed off to the air carrier so it should be here within the week.

jerryp7

Feb 20, 2011
Front Royal, VA
I just got an email from the seller;
"I am happy to tell you that we just start selling the pogo cable on our own website www.pogocable.com. Please visit and order it on the site. We will promptly ship your order. Thank you.- ifsolution"
$19.95 plus $5.98 shipping = $25.97 paid to Paypal (that seems safe enough to me). I expect it will take a few weeks to come from Korea.

rickschwar

Oct 13, 2012
This is a scam people

This is clearly a scam people. EBAY does not take down ads unless they have reason to believe they are bogus or illegal. That fact that they didn't answer your direct question is more proof.

- Rick

redthunda69

Aug 16, 2010
Atlanta
This is clearly a scam people. EBAY does not take down ads unless they have reason to believe they are bogus or illegal. That fact that they didn't answer your direct question is more proof.

- Rick

Then why did one user already receive his? Look on pogocable.com for their explanation about what happened. EBay can be wrong. You don't know what you're talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just received mine

Arrived with post this afternoon. I'm in the UK.

I attached a couple of photos, including one of the "manual".

I'm watching it charge now, it was at 51% and after 20 minutes, its at 59%. I'm running battery monitor widget which is showing a charge current of around 1920mA with the screen off the same widget over usb was showing around 1600mA so it looks to me a 20% increase is about right.

It's not showing as a usb device for me either.
    Hey there. Please don't blast me because I might just be missing something here, but I've been following this post for a while now and I still don't get the allure of this product. From what I read it seems to be offering about a 20℅ increase in charging ability. Typically, my N10 takes about 10 hours to charge after being completely dead. So instead of 10 hours it will now take 8? That doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. If it was a 50℅ improvement then that might be something else. Am I missing something?

It's not just the charge time mate, it's the fact that you now have the micro USB port free to say connect a OTG cable etc. when charging! As well as that the micro USB port is less susceptible to damage now as you will be using it a lot lot less.

Cheers,
    M
    so all these people getting the pogo, but nobody did any timed test for how long it takes to go from 0 to 100% full???????????????????????????????

- Rick

C'mon son, if you actually visited the website you would clearly see what the problem was from his blog post (with screenshots).
    Guys I would be skeptical about this. It is just the cable so you are gonna use the same charger transformer so it is not gonna charge any faster and 26 bucks totals seems like a rip. Also is this just for charging or can it transfer data? I'm gonna wait.

Once the OEM POGO cable comes out it'll cost about the same price. I'd wager it costs a little more because it's an "official" part.

As far as charging speed, it's already been found that the N10 is only pulling somewhere between 1.5 and 1.8 amps out of a USB 2.0 cable, which is a limitation of the cable itself and not the transformer. The theory being passed around the forums is that the POGO cable doesn't have the same limitation and can draw the full 2 amps.

Either way, leave us to check it out if you're skeptical. We're not signing any organs away. We know what we're getting into.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app