Nexus 10 Poetic Slimline Shipped!

Search This thread

nicksolyom

Nov 4, 2012
I got mine today, I'm very impressed and happy with the quality!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Thanks for the video, but I would love that someone show us what the comments below said. If it's that hard to take the Nexus 10 out of it (to the point that it will separate the screen from glue of the tablet if you do that a couple times). I cancelled mine due to that but I wouldn't have any problem ordering it back again since it won't be available untill January 7th. Thanks again!

sellingfear

Mar 17, 2011
York pa
I'm jealous. Mine's been sitting in San Francisco since 12/27. :p Wait...I didn't check the mail today. Nope. Still sitting in San Francisco.

Mine to haas been sitting in San Francisco since the 27th now I seen last night it finally left. Not sure what took so long.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

hughlle

Nov 18, 2012
Is it me, or is the case designed upside down? Looks like with the case closed, and logo right way up, the camera is at the bottom. And if i want to open it in a normal manner, and have the flap folded back over the top, as would seem logical, again, the tablet sits upside down. Seems daft.

edit: can't see how to delete. He clarifies at the end of his video. upside down case :/

Last edited:

lse4

Feb 9, 2009
I wonder if they made the case upside down so you can connect the pogo charger and still use the device

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Mine stays closed as you would expect ... perhaps you could describe your problem in a little more detail.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

I have noticed that when I put my Nexus 10 in the case it snaps into place very snugly. It was difficult to get out of the case. This fit would be good for someone that leaves their tablet in the case all of the time. If you dropped the tablet, the tablet would not pop out of the case. But for owners like myself that just use the case when they leave home, it may be a problem. I might look at slightly modifying my case to make it easier to put the case on and off. Otherwise, I may just use one of my other three cases until I can get this figured out.

I have the OEM Samsung hard case for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I can put the Tab 10.1 into the case easily and remove it easily. If I am using the case when i am out, I will sometimes remove the tablet from the case while I am using it. I think (without some modification) the Slimline may be a little snug to take that approach. It seems like it was designed for people that just leave their case on all the time.
Can anyone else of those who already received it confirm this? I don't like that the case holds the tablet that "hard". Thanks.

jtown

Jul 29, 2008
I wonder if they made the case upside down so you can connect the pogo charger and still use the device

That was my assumption. Of course top and bottom are determined by whether you have it at the steep angle or shallow angle. Unfortunately, forced-landscape apps don't let you pick which edge is up on the device.

Hiro11

Jun 1, 2008
Got mine today in navy blue. This is a really nice case for the money.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Can anyone else of those who already received it confirm this? I don't like that the case holds the tablet that "hard". Thanks.
I don't think you want this case if you're going to be taking the tablet out of the case frequently. I don't think doing so will damage the tablet, but it just not easy and convenient to pop it on and off. Once the tablet its in the case, it is held securely.

Some details on this case :
- Fit is very snug. Once you've put the Nexus in there, it's not coming out without a little elbow grease. This is mostly a good thing: the tablet is very secure.
- Buttons are somewhat obscured by the hard plastic "lip" of the case. They are definitely usable, but not as readily at hand as the tablet sans case. Jacks are not obscured at all, including POGO.
- Magnets on mine hold the case closed well.
- Fit/finish is as good as cases that cost a lot more
- The folded-up lid works pretty well as a stand, not perfect but certainly workable
- "Upside-down" layout is weird when you first get it
- Silver "Poetic" embossing looks good on the blue

Last edited:
Reactions: lKBZl

eager27

Jul 20, 2012
mine arrived today. I'm very pleased with all aspects of it ... but it just about doubles the weight ... dont mind that too much though.

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Mine arrived today, slightly damaged, and although the design is nice, the quality is surprisingly poor, I'd had hopes of something better after seeing the renders. Only cost me £10 though so not end of the world, I just wish my tablets hadn't got damaged BEFORE this arrived. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bigbamboo5

Jul 5, 2009
Mine arrived today, slightly damaged, and although the design is nice, the quality is surprisingly poor, I'd had hopes of something better after seeing the renders. Only cost me £10 though so not end of the world, I just wish my tablets hadn't got damaged BEFORE this arrived. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mine had a scratch on the back, but I figure it'll be marked soon enough anyway. Either way, I'm happy. Good case - although adds a lot of weight...

LowSky

Mar 24, 2011
Poughkeepsie
Mine to haas been sitting in San Francisco since the 27th now I seen last night it finally left. Not sure what took so long.

Poetic (or their distributor is probably printed the labels on December 27 but they still haven't shipped them all out. I'm in the same boat. I was told it would be here today and its not. So much for pre-ordering. Now I see the price is $16.99. I just sent them a message through Amazon asking about the delivery delay.

DanP47

Nov 14, 2012
UK
Finally got mine today, bit concerned with the tight fit, especially with the plastic holders. I was really cautious when I slotted it in. Should be OK if you aren't removing it frequently though. Apart from that I like it.

sellingfear

Mar 17, 2011
York pa
I received mine yesterday as well. The fit is extremely tight I had to push extremely hard to get it in. Poetic doesn't seem to have the best quality control as there was a chip out of the top of the case. Its not bad enough for me to complain but im not as picky as some people are.

noisy_lightning

Dec 15, 2010
England
Finally got mine today, bit concerned with the tight fit, especially with the plastic holders. I was really cautious when I slotted it in. Should be OK if you aren't removing it frequently though. Apart from that I like it.

You able to take some photos to show it in the real world rather than the press shots I have seen. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: lKBZl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my slimline today and added a little something extra to it :D let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    UCSB, could you post some pictures? Also, how does the Slimline perform as a stand for the nexus 10?

You fold the cover to make a triangular stand. I don't plan to use the case as a stand and don't want to fold the cover so maybe someone else can test that feature. Just looking at it, I would not expect it to be a very stable stand. I also own the Poetic HardBack case. Which is designed to be a stable stand that supports all viewing angles. I would just use that case if had a need for a stand. Some photos of the SlimLine below.

SlimLine.jpg

SlimLine-2.jpg

SlimLine-3.jpg

SlimLine-4.jpg

SlimLine-5.jpg

SlimLine-6.jpg

In this last picture you can hopefully see some aspects of the case. There are three magnets along the edge to hold the cover shut (they are shiny on lower edge). Inside of cover has a soft feel. The case frame goes along the entire lower part of the case providing complete protection along that edge of the tablet. The case extends out on each side beyond the speakers, providing complete protection of each of those sides.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Sorry but if the front cover materials are the same as the nexus 7 (looks like they are) than expect for it to start falling apart in a weeks time. At the ends of the smart cover folds will crack and start peeling, went through 2 before just getting a refund. They should have designed the cover like apples smartcover or the GMYLE one and I would pay $30+ ...solid design and functionality, ****ty cover... filter the amazon reviews by newest first, all the negative reviews are true and what you can expect... but hopefully they improved the cover design for your guys sake! :)

At this point in time, I can not comment on how durable the cover may be over time. The bottom shell of the case is very solid and well designed and I think it will be durable and provide good protection. The cover is much lighter in weight and if anything was to fail on this case the cover would be the most likely component. Since I only use my cases about once a week if I am taking the tablet out of my home, it takes a long time for any wear to show up. I can't really provide any help on durability on the SlimLine. If a sturdy cover is an important feature, I can say that both of the other two Poetic cases that I own for the Nexus 10 (SlimBook, HardBack) have much thicker, sturdier covers.
    My new Poetic Slim Case for Nexus 10 just arrived. :D
    8450343872_7eb04b210d_z_d.jpg

8449258671_d0768fddb1_z_d.jpg

8449258617_57fbea59d2_z_d.jpg

No regret buying it. :)

• It fit nicely and tide, if you are thinking often take out and in, then this case was not for you. Get it only if you want it sit inside forever until you change case.
    • The 3 magnet on top was secure close for me, no issue here.
    • Auto Sleep/Awake was functioning well. The power button is slighly difficult to press but no issue here as not really using it anymore since got sleep/awake function. :) Volume I seldom change, so was ok for me.
    Can any of those who already received it, make a video and showing all of it's features? Would love to see that, thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68PC_anM4E

Here's a video review by Harlis58
    You fold the cover to make a triangular stand. I don't plan to use the case as a stand and don't want to fold the cover so maybe someone else can test that feature. Just looking at it, I would not expect it to be a very stable stand. I also own the Poetic HardBack case. Which is designed to be a stable stand that supports all viewing angles. I would just use that case if had a need for a stand. Some photos of the SlimLine below.

SlimLine.jpg

SlimLine-2.jpg

SlimLine-3.jpg

SlimLine-4.jpg

SlimLine-5.jpg

SlimLine-6.jpg

In this last picture you can hopefully see some aspects of the case. There are three magnets along the edge to hold the cover shut (they are shiny on lower edge). Inside of cover has a soft feel. The case frame goes along the entire lower part of the case providing complete protection along that edge of the tablet. The case extends out on each side beyond the speakers, providing complete protection of each of those sides.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

At this point in time, I can not comment on how durable the cover may be over time. The bottom shell of the case is very solid and well designed and I think it will be durable and provide good protection. The cover is much lighter in weight and if anything was to fail on this case the cover would be the most likely component. Since I only use my cases about once a week if I am taking the tablet out of my home, it takes a long time for any wear to show up. I can't really provide any help on durability on the SlimLine. If a sturdy cover is an important feature, I can say that both of the other two Poetic cases that I own for the Nexus 10 (SlimBook, HardBack) have much thicker, sturdier covers.

I like the case... Much nicer than most! But really, i wanted to comment on those lovely travertine floors... Really nice man.

Sent from my often RMA'd Nexus 4