How can I tell if my archos is SDE watermarked?

Search This thread

unasoto

Dec 29, 2010
I got my 101 g9 turbo last month one of the reasons I got it was because of the Archos SDE :) so I ran it stock for about a month and read everything I could find on it before rooting I saw in the Official SDE guide that the official SDE would watermark and void warranty so I decided to try the outdated SDE that didnt work, so I went into the recovery then Developer Edition Menu and uninstalled the SDE, then in recovery format system and reformatted everything. Then I updated firmware from Archos this got me back to stock. :) I then followed the Official SDE guide and Installed it but I missed a step and it forgot to remove kernel and was always having to choose what to boot. I found 55mls post and Followed this and it worked I then installed [ROM] Root & Deodex - Archos Firmware 4.0.28 ! Now everything is good I have the unofficial SDE I don't have the unicorn thingie when I boot to recovery I had it when I was using the official SDE so heres the 64 thousand dollar question is my tab watermarked and how can I check?

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
There is no way for you to check it, but you have installed SDE the official way and that means you have been watermarked.
Removing the official SDE won't remove the mark.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app