Samsung Book Cover case

Search This thread

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Are they a rip off?
$100 dollars is something I am willing to pay for protection that works and quality.
This book cover case looks cheap and say if you fold it open will it not block the camera?

A $20 case, oh great but does it fall apart or scratch you device?
The device cost me $750, I do not want to be cheap with the cover.

Decided to buy one anyway, blocking the camera seems stupid but the tablet is not going to take many pictures

Last edited:

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
I wouldn't waste my money on a genuine Samsung cover when I could pick up something identical made from identical materials by the exact same workers in the exact same factory....but just skipped the guy that attaches the "Samsung" logo.

I am 100% willing, however, to throw money at Oberon Design if they decide to make a case for the Pro...Mmm..

Oh, oh, or if Tuff-luv ever comes out with a Eco-nique natural hemp cover for it. That'd be freaking sweet. I love the one I've got on my Kindle.

Last edited:
BuyDig.com sells the original Samsung case for 59.99. At first I hesitated buying it, but after reading all the poor reviews and comments on the third party products, I decided to get it.
I must say, I am very glad I did. The feel is definitelly premium, and replicating the soft leather plastic feel of the tablet's back. It is also quite thin, not adding any significant bulk overall. Highly recommended, if you can spring for it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

tdetroit

Sep 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
BuyDig.com sells the original Samsung case for 59.99. At first I hesitated buying it, but after reading all the poor reviews and comments on the third party products, I decided to get it.
I must say, I am very glad I did. The feel is definitelly premium, and replicating the soft leather plastic feel of the tablet's back. It is also quite thin, not adding any significant bulk overall. Highly recommended, if you can spring for it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Picked mine up at Verizon, and it costs $69, but I get a 25% discount through my job, so I spent $52 (inclusive of MI Sales Tax). I like it. It's thin, light, and works well, and because it doesn't add too much bulk, I can slip it easily into my Work Bag. I had the SPECK Case but returned it...too much bulk and I didn't care for the Clasp.

ad78

Mar 22, 2011
Connecticut
I have onesince day 1. Pricey but if you hold it, you think at the back doesnt have case.its thin and does its job. A very well made case. For this price im expecting a real leather.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
I really like the official cover. If I could get one similar to it but made of real leather that would be amazing though. But I have zero complaints about it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
OEM Samsung Galaxy Note Pro / Tab Pro 12.2 Book Cover Case - Sleep/Wake - Black

I ordered an OEM Samsung Galaxy Note Pro / Tab Pro 12.2 Book Cover Case - Sleep/Wake - Black on ebay from SFplanet for $14.99.
$_57.JPG

It has a Verizon logo on it but it's not a big deal to me.

I plan on using it with a Snugg PU Leather Sleeve Case for 13 " MacBook Air and Pro, Surface Pro 3, Black also on ebay and its only $13.99.
$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

UPDATE
Got both items from Ebay and the Snugg case for MacBook Air works perfectly, a little room on sides but if it was smaller it would be to hard to get the tablet out of the sleeve as the rubberized coating on the case has a little grip to it.
This turned out that I got both items for under $30.00 and makes the Note 12.2 look very classy and rich looking.

Last edited:

malgora

Jun 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
I bought a Samsung case for my device it is really nice, I did have 1 problem that the magnet sensor was playing up, the screen wasn't turning on or it would just freeze. I think the case wasn't on properly, I'm sure it hasn't done it for awhile but normally if it doesn't turn on I just wait and use the button, that seems to work. for the trouble it's not worth the money, a little cheaper and I would definitely recommend it

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007
i got mine for like $35 at samsung.com all I did was register tablet and like 10 minutes later got email with 50 perecent off coupon :)

Poetic Case for about $15...

I've had my 12.2 for about a year now. I originally bought the Samsung case - sooo unimpressed with it! I find it very flimsy, and it doesn't fold the right way to set in my lap (like an easel). I lived with it for about 2 months, then found a case similar to it on Ama zon from a company called Poetic. It has the lid magnets like the "official" case so the tablet sleeps when I close the lid. It also has the right creases in the cover to create the easel stand - perfect for lap use and watching movies. It has held up well over the months, and I'm not real gentle. Pleather outside, soft felt-like inside that lays against the screen. Tablet snaps in snugly, all the right slots and holes for the tablet. Very happy with it.

Search for "Poetic tablet case for samsung note pro 12.2", it was the first one on the list. LOL! Price went up a couple of bucks, still worth it.

tabascouk

Dec 29, 2012
offical flip case

The official samsung note pro flip case designer range moschino and kirkwood are selling at atomgsm.co.uk for only £11.79 including free UK delivery. Couldn't believe it bought A couple.

Illusive Man

Oct 14, 2010
Champaign
How do you like the fit of the GNote Pro in the Snugg case? I like to use mine with no case, but would like a nice sleeve for carrying it. How is the fit if there is no other case on the GNote Pro?