Good Savings on Great Brands

Search This thread

kalealex

Sep 28, 2011
Ontario
So, I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid - Slate and a black Spigen Ultra Hybrid case for my Nexus 5 and only paid $13 CAD off of Amazon.
How is this? I'm not being a shill, but if you apply for the Amazon credit card, you get $20 immediately from your purchase if you're approved. So I was contemplating between these two (as they had both been highly rated) and saw that the cheapest way to do so was via this route and got 2 great cases for very cheap. Thought I would let you guys know about it so you can also save some coin. Not sure when this expires but I will also update when I get them and review for myself.

Reactions: sarveshvaity

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Yeah this offer has been around forever. Ever since I started using Amazon years ago they always offer it. The thing is, getting an additional credit card just so you can get $20 off of one purchase isn't a great reason. IMO you should get a credit card for other reasons such as interest %. Of course I'm sure there are other benefits when buying things on amazon using their card so if you do a ton of shopping on amazon it might be worth it.

Enhanced

Sep 18, 2010
If you were going to open an Amazon credit card anyways, then sure this makes sense. But applying for and carrying credit cards do have an affect on your credit rating. I'm not going to pretend I know the extent of how much it affects it, but just don't think that you can do this with impunity.

Reactions: herosemblem

kalealex

Sep 28, 2011
Ontario
If you were going to open an Amazon credit card anyways, then sure this makes sense. But applying for and carrying credit cards do have an affect on your credit rating. I'm not going to pretend I know the extent of how much it affects it, but just don't think that you can do this with impunity.

If you already have a house, a car, and an empty credit line, and always use a credit card as a charge card (read: not racking up credit, and paying it off at the end of the month), there is absolutely no harm in taking advantage of a monetary opportunity. If you know you have a good credit score, there is no reason not to indulge in these things.
I was just giving others, who did not know about this (as I hadn't), a chance.

Enhanced

Sep 18, 2010
If you already have a house, a car, and an empty credit line, and always use a credit card as a charge card (read: not racking up credit, and paying it off at the end of the month), there is absolutely no harm in taking advantage of a monetary opportunity. If you know you have a good credit score, there is no reason not to indulge in these things.
I was just giving others, who did not know about this (as I hadn't), a chance.
Yeah, that's a lot of ifs that you didn't address in your original post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid - Slate and a black Spigen Ultra Hybrid case for my Nexus 5 and only paid $13 CAD off of Amazon.
    How is this? I'm not being a shill, but if you apply for the Amazon credit card, you get $20 immediately from your purchase if you're approved. So I was contemplating between these two (as they had both been highly rated) and saw that the cheapest way to do so was via this route and got 2 great cases for very cheap. Thought I would let you guys know about it so you can also save some coin. Not sure when this expires but I will also update when I get them and review for myself.