Cyanogenmod 11 Galaxy Player 4.0

Search This thread
Mar 15, 2014
SO sorry eveyrthing is working great, the cyanogen guy is spinning in a circle and I am filled with joy!

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2014
Sorry it's been so long for a reply, I have been happily using CM11! IT's awesome thank you againYou are a hero of light, have a good night!

Mar 15, 2014
small problem a few silly pictures of me and my family are gone, is there any way I can get them back? It was on the internal sdcard and I thought they wouldn't be removed

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
small problem a few silly pictures of me and my family are gone, is there any way I can get them back? It was on the internal sdcard and I thought they wouldn't be removed

It is supposed to not be removed. It depends also if you've taken another camera app to take those pictures.

Have you used an app like camera zoom fx?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: computernewbie
Mar 15, 2014
They were silly pictures anyways. Thank you AGAIN! This has changed everything!

I honestly thought I couldn't do and I would have to buy a newer and fancier device. (I'm poor and in college)

It is sooooo much faster, and it feels like a whole new device.

Great learning experience, I am definitely more familiar with ADB, rooting, flashing and all that good stuff.

Once again thank you!

Mar 15, 2014
another small problem, the back camera, is really glitchy when using other apps. It shows green lines and it doesn't show anything properly.

Duke_Cardlert

Mar 17, 2014
California
[Q] followed instructions in this thread ... android keyboard error

I followed all of these instructions for Galaxy Player 4.0 running Android 2.3.5 (rooting, flashing TerraSilent, installing Android command prompt app, backup EFS, installing CM11 from zip). Everything seemed to be working fine after a couple of boots. Unfortunately, I have not documented exactly each step carefully.

I have searched forums to learn why to backup EFS...but I do not think I can do it again if my android keyboard is not working.

Is it safe to flash another mod ROM (like CM 10.2 which is supposed to be more stable for this device) or revert to stock ROM now, without again making a backup of my EFS?

I will be searching info on how to fix the keyboard issue before doing any more flashing, while awaiting reply.

DC

Duke_Cardlert

Mar 17, 2014
California
response to my own [Q]

I had downloaded an incorrect/incompatible version of google apps from another help thread.

I just got the device access to my home WiFi and I'm about to enable and sync my google apps. Previously (previous gapps download), the keyboard worked when I accessed WiFi but failed sometime later.

If I have any issues, I'll post an update. Hopefully, the google apps link appears in the other how-to threads, but I'll need to search because I forgot to bookmark.

DC

Last edited:

joejackjie

Mar 18, 2014
Bluetooth issue

I flash the new build cm-11-20140312-UNOFFICIAL-ypg1.zip,I found Bluetooth is broken,any other have this issue,or just me.:(:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gapps was aborted and I don't know why.

And it keeps cycling back into the Clockworkmod Im scared please help

First you need to install the gapps after installing CM. When that is done, you need to wipe your data (wipe data/factory reset) then you should be good.
    First you have to install terrasilent as you need CWM in order to flash CM for it. Here's it's link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643384

If you need a guide on how to flash, you can follow up this thread.

After you had succesfully flashed terrasilent, you need to put the zip file you downloaded into your device.

Then you need to turn off your device and pressing Power, Vol+ and Home. You will then go into CWM. When you're in CWM, you can follow up the actual CM11 instructions and you'll get safely in CM.
    Sorry for the double post! But I have TerraSilent! This is all so new and exciting to me! :fingers-crossed:

Was I just suppose to flash 1.3.5 or all of them? Sorry for being a noob..

I don't really have any important files, except pictures, and silly games, but what should I backup? And I how do I make the efs intact.

thnakyou thank you thank you

All your files except your games should be intact. If you want to backup them, use titanium backup to do so.

As for efs, it is something really important and you need to backup it. To do so, when you have terrasilent, (1.3.5) you need to do the command found on the cm11 thread while in superuser mode and using adb.

Here's the FAQ if you have some more questions related to root:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175920

I roooted it soooooooo happppy! I'm sorry for the bother, but you have been a great help!

Just gotta do the ADP, and back up the efs and then is CYANOGENMOD 11!!! AHHHHH So excited and nervous

Hmm I think it'll be too long to download + set up ADB for the moment so I have another alternative.

First download this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=fr

After having downloaded it, go into the app. Type su and grant the super user permissions requested.

Then do the command to back your efs which is:

dd if=/dev/block/stl3 of=/sdcard/efs.rfs

It should backup your efs and you're good to go for CM11.

It is supposed to not be removed. It depends also if you've taken another camera app to take those pictures.

Have you used an app like camera zoom fx?