Make an app for the nexus q that adds chromecast support

Search This thread

ianandamy

Apr 26, 2006
cedar hill MO
I THINK THIS IS THE IDEA OF ADDING THE SDK SO DEVS CAN BUILD THE Q INTO A POWERHOUSE WITH 4.3 LOL

LETS HOPE SOME TALENTED DEV HERE WOULD LIKE TO EARN SOME OF OUR DONATIONS TO DO SO.

Whoops sorry about all the caps!

darb

Apr 5, 2010
I would def donate for this cause

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

YahyaIsrael

Jan 9, 2012
Pomona
I would like to see a ROM that make the Q what it was supposed to be an entertainment hub with a UI that give easy access to the entertainment apps.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Seylox

Nov 29, 2010
i agree, i'd be interested as well. i'm actually looking into how the chromecast works right now, doing a rom would be an interesting idea. for the next 2 months i'm away from my Q, but maybe until then the google tv developers have a better understanding of how the chromecast works. the easiest and most optimal version obviously would be to have an apk that could just be installed and run on the Q, since apparently the chromecast is android based (stripped down though).

Surge1

Sep 14, 2009
I don't really have the time to, but someone should start one of those android bounty type drives and advertise it to the community/ news sites.

I would be willing to play $50 to kickstart the bounty pool for anyone who can bring chromecast support to the Q, and restore it to its former glory.

I think the biggest thing to make people hesitant is the possibility of google doing it and making all the work useless.

Volatyle

Aug 10, 2010
I don't really have the time to, but someone should start one of those android bounty type drives and advertise it to the community/ news sites.

I would be willing to play $50 to kickstart the bounty pool for anyone who can bring chromecast support to the Q, and restore it to its former glory.

I think the biggest thing to make people hesitant is the possibility of google doing it and making all the work useless.

I don't see that happening at all. Google could care less about the Q and even if it's only matter of an hours work for them it's not worth it. The only people having the Q got it for free.

The way I see it, this has to be done by the community. Lots of developers has the Q, hell cyanogen even has a rom for it. I bet getting the Q to chromecast is much less work than making a rom for it.

Vol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Surge1

Sep 14, 2009
I don't see that happening at all. Google could care less about the Q and even if it's only matter of an hours work for them it's not worth it. The only people having the Q got it for free.

The way I see it, this has to be done by the community. Lots of developers has the Q, hell cyanogen even has a rom for it. I bet getting the Q to chromecast is much less work than making a rom for it.

Vol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My bounty comment stands either way, I say we should make a real thing of it.

I'm sure some developer would see it as a simple weekend project and pump it out if there was a cash incentive. :p

ocdtrekkie

Jul 6, 2010
I'll donate to anyone who figures out and posts instructions and files for me to turn my Nexus Q into a much more stylish Chromecast.

Surge1

Sep 14, 2009
can we get someone to create a thread and keep a tally of users and donation amounts?

then we can maybe pass that to the android news outlets / social media to garner some attention to it?

I stick by my previously stated $50.