[Q] Pop up view size

Search This thread
Sep 25, 2013
Hi folks, I was trying to do some work with my tablet and I was using calculator pop up window, but it was so annoying because I could edit the size of the window and hence it was bothering my job. Is there any way to change that? I found a tweak here on the tab s forum to add four Windows in multi window feature but anything to resize the pop up window.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Hi folks, I was trying to do some work with my tablet and I was using calculator pop up window, but it was so annoying because I could edit the size of the window and hence it was bothering my job. Is there any way to change that? I found a tweak here on the tab s forum to add four Windows in multi window feature but anything to resize the pop up window.

Thanks

yes there is a way...several actually. Without adding any extra apps u can just hold the edge of the pop up window and u will see a yellow/gold outline appear then u can stretch or shrink it where u want it BUT there is a minimum size (the outline will turn red when u reach the smallest window possible). Also...there is an app by a guy named @xperiacle which i'll link to below thats lets u create shortcuts on your home screen then have them open automatically in floating mode with a custom size of your choosing

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.xperiacle.penwindowshortcuts&hl=en
^floating window shortcuts app

@amadoaramendiz1
i forgot one MAJOR detail...u can only resize from the right or bottom sides! The yellow line will appear when u touch the top but like u said it will only allow u to move the window...while nothing happens at all when u touch the left side

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2013
Never mind, yes the solution is to find the edge in the right corner. Genius!
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

HLG114

Jan 4, 2010
Hòa Bình
yes there is a way...several actually. Without adding any extra apps u can just hold the edge of the pop up window and u will see a yellow/gold outline appear then u can stretch or shrink it where u want it BUT there is a minimum size (the outline will turn red when u reach the smallest window possible). Also...there is an app by a guy named @xperiacle which i'll link to below thats lets u create shortcuts on your home screen then have them open automatically in floating mode with a custom size of your choosing

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.xperiacle.penwindowshortcuts&hl=en

@amadoaramendiz1
i forgot one MAJOR detail...u can only resize from the right or bottom sides! The yellow line will appear when u touch the top but like u said it will only allow u to move the window...while nothing happens at all when u touch the left side

Canot add all app for multi.

Gửi từ SM-T705 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
Ok here is a dumb question. How exactly do you open an app in a pop up window? Is this a function built in to thunder rom?

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009

If u install my rom then it has a mod built in that automatically makes all apps available in multiwindow...if not then u will need to use another app such wanam xposed module or @xperiacles multiwindow manager to add them to the list

Ok here is a dumb question. How exactly do you open an app in a pop up window? Is this a function built in to thunder rom?

For some dumb reason samsung seems to have removed the floating window feature from the stock rom so unless the creater of thunder rom specifically added it back then no its not...i have included this function in my SuperSamsung rom which is compatible with all version of the tab S so feel free to flash it

Reactions: ifly4vamerica

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
If u install my rom then it has a mod built in that automatically makes all apps available in multiwindow...if not then u will need to use another app such wanam xposed module or @xperiacles multiwindow manager to add them to the list

For some dumb reason samsung seems to have removed the floating window feature from the stock rom so unless the creater of thunder rom specifically added it back then no its not...i have included this function in my SuperSamsung rom which is compatible with all version of the tab S so feel free to flash it

Thanks for the info I am downloading your rom now! I usually like to stay stock so yours should be perfect since all you remove is Knox.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

@amadoaramendiz1