Latest HD2 WP7 News

Search This thread

lbhocky19

Feb 18, 2007
Is this a flashed rom or can it run off sd? Id love to try it but certainly not giving up android

leewenxu

Feb 10, 2010
Puchong
I'm having problems comunicating with the device in Chevron, has anyone had that?
I have already installed WP7 delevoper tools, the phone is connected with Zune, and it is open (I have even synced some songs).
Chevron runs, I check both checkboxes and when I click UNLOCK, I receive this error...
"Uh, OH
I'm having trouble comunicating with the phone.
-Please make sure the phone is connected using USB
-Please start Zune app"

I have it on USB and Zune open, with the phone CONNECTED to it...

Any help??

I was struggling with this for awhile and got it to work and this is what I've done:

1. Email chevron cert into your own email which is synced to your phone.
2. Install cert by clicking the attachment with a shield logo.
3. While on the same page (phone's email page), open Zune program on the PC and remember to keep it on. It means the screen should not be off or at the lock screen. Just tap it anywhere to keep it on.
4. Run Chevron Unlocker and done.

It worked for me though. Just trying to help.

azuhl

Oct 9, 2010
Does anyone know where I can download free apps like Facebook, Twitter etc in .xap format for deployment, please? I've had a quick browse through, I'm not interested in pirated stuff, just homebrew and free apps (checked WP7 forums here too). Thanks for your time.

ceo4eva

Sep 30, 2008
Ellicott City
OnePlus 11
I was struggling with this for awhile and got it to work and this is what I've done:

3. While on the same page (phone's email page), open Zune program on the PC and remember to keep it on. It means the screen should not be off or at the lock screen. Just tap it anywhere to keep it on.

I just tried this and it still not working for me.. hmm

Does our phone need to be activated or something? Cause I havnt done that.

And to access our email are you doing it via Internet Explorer? Cause thats what im doing.

I tried it with the screen on while browsing my E-mail
and
While on the Zune app saying sync completed, they both failed to work. :(

linj

Oct 16, 2005
California
I'm having that same problem as well. How did others bypass this or is there a new method lurking?

I had to rush to class so I just called in without editing the registry. Gave my phone number, email, and said it was an HTC device (apparently you don't need to elaborate past that).

Got my key, but I've not tested it as fully working. Didn't say it wasn't, though!

santroph

Apr 11, 2008
Rio de Janeiro

Just tried that and, nothing worked! :(
I'm getting frustrated...

geon106

Jan 31, 2010
Maidstone
I've got WP7 running on my phone, however it doesn't seem to want to connect to Zune on my computer and I can't get it to work with Virgin Mobile. It by defaults goes to T-Mobile UK

Until I can get it to work with Virgin I can't get it to dial the support number for a key to use Live :S

Improve

May 21, 2008
Just pull minitool partition wizard down (its free) http://www.partitionwizard.com/

Delete all the partitions on the card, reformat as fat32, job done :)

WOW I used what you suggested and I was able to remove the partitiones on my SD card then I downloaded this FREE add on and was able to recover most, if not all my erased data!

HERE is the link if any one messed up their SD card as well.

pReXx

May 8, 2009
To those who have flashed WP7:

Can you say smth about the battery?
How long does it take, till its empty?

I just tried this and it still not working for me.. hmm

Does our phone need to be activated or something? Cause I havnt done that.

And to access our email are you doing it via Internet Explorer? Cause thats what im doing.

I tried it with the screen on while browsing my E-mail
and
While on the Zune app saying sync completed, they both failed to work. :(

Also having this problem and its doing my nut in.

Cold it be a 64bit problem? Anyone having this problem with Windows 7 32bit?

rizwan327

Nov 22, 2009
No File Explorer or SD Card visible on hd2 after installing wp7

Hi,

I just installed wp7 on my hd2 and I should say it runs pretty smooth (great work by Cotulla and DFT, a much deserved thanks to all of them), however I cannot see a few basic applications like File Explorer. Dont know if my SD card has been recognized by wp7 or not. Can anyone help me figure out these please.

Another thing I had the ENERGY 6.5xx ROM earlier and even after flasing WP7 the boot up screen is from ENERGY. Just wanted to know if this is usual.

Riz...

D

Demon_man

can someone confirm it works on all versions of Leo please my net is down so i have tethered my leo while using nandroid to download wp7 but dont wanna be disappointed

zetagnosis

Jul 19, 2006
123 fatal hit 3 ...........

Hi.. I cant run WP7 :(

My steps:
1- Task 29 ok
2- MAGLDR112 installed OK
3- Reboot an select option 5
4- Install LEO70_ROM (DWI.exe)
5- Reboot
6- 123FATAL HIT 3 !!!!!

I try task 29 twice. Remove SD Card, reinstall MAGLDR112, reflash LEO70_ROM but nothing....

My hard spl version is 2.08 an my radio rom is 2.15.50.14.

Some idea???

ceo4eva

Sep 30, 2008
Ellicott City
OnePlus 11
Hey guys if your having a problem with that ChevronWP7 Unlocker, i just got it to work!

It takes quite a bit of time and your going to need to download a few things.

(ASSUMING YOU HAVE THE ZUNE SOFTWARE INSTALLED, IF NOT DOWNLOAD IT.. ITS LIKE ITUNES FOR YOUR PHONE)

1. vm_web.exe - WindowsPhone 7 SDK ( absolutely necessary to make it work, thats why you were getting the "Uh Oh" error. Just do a full installation dont do a Custom as you might not install the correct files it needs.. 422mb in total =/ )

2. ChevronWP7Cer - This is the certificate your phone needs to be dev unlocked. Send the extracted file to your email address as an attachment and install it on your phone with when you access it. ( I used internet explorer to go to my email and download the attachment. )

3. After the certificate is installed and steps 1 and 2 have been completed and you have Zune software installed, extract the ChevronWP7 and run the EXE a popup box should open up, check the 2 boxes and unlock your phone!
(Make sure your phones screen is on otherwise it wont work!)

Hope i helped, it worked for me!

Reactions: dgabriel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Cotulla is working on meego development as well as wp7 which is dividing his time.

2. Next version of magdlr will have some kind of pinball game??? possibly pong instead of tetris?
    * correction: Arkanoid, not pong

3. Somewhere in New York, a guy was spotted with a chinese HD2 running wp7?

4. A new hd2 wp7 video has been posted which is supposedly quite convicing.
    *correction: No new video, just old one

**Update: 1/12/2011
    -really great videos in post #33, thank you user, lukmakachi
    -There has been a release on DFT - lots of users are reporting actual testing of WP7, we seem to be on the verge of an official release VERY SOON
    -Windows Live services DO NOT WORK ie: zune, marketplace, xbox live (not really new info but it has been confirmed by users reporting here)
    -32gb sd card is confirmed working

**Update: 1/13/2011
    -As many already know, there has been a release on the chinese DFT forums, if you want it try google search - Mods are threating bans if you post links so watch yourself!
    -[Confirmed working]HowTo actvate your wp7/HD2 Live services. original thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=911579
    -For help with this awesome release check out the wp7 forums here - lots of useful info http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=606

All hail DFT!
    * Thank you babyyim000 for the source information!!!
    * Most of all Thank you DFT and cotulla for all the hard work!!!
    I've been browsing the chinese DFT forums and it seems that they are getting more updates on WP7 for HD2's than us. The google translations are a bit rough and I don't know chinese, but here's what I think is going on.

1. Cotulla is working on meego development as well as wp7 which is dividing his time.

2. Next version of magdlr will have some kind of pinball game??? possibly pong instead of tetris?

3. Somewhere in New York, a guy was spotted with a chinese HD2 running wp7?

4. A new hd2 wp7 video has been posted which is supposedly quite convicing.

Again, I don't speak chinese and the translations are rough so I could be mistaken but it seems progress is being made, albeit a bit slowly :/ maybe a chinese speaker can elaborate?

original source here http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.darkforcesteam.com.cn/&ei=NkwtTcdPwqqUB4PJjd8L&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddarkforcesteam%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Divns

it is not “pinball” game,it is Arkanoid:D
    Preemptive strike!!

Though it hasn't gone off topic just yet, threads like this are notorious for personal information being leaked, users getting flamed and severely off-topic discussion.

Don't let this happen guys. As long as the thread remains civil and on-topic, the thread will remain open but if it goes astray, I WILL be closing it.

Just a general warning to all...

-dh
    I called and said i have an HTC HD2 with WP7 on it, and she gave me a code and said "thank you, be sure to tell your friends about it"
    and she also said my code will be good for my live acc on any device for now on.

Don't need to say anything more about that XD.
    Ok.. Seems my first warning wasn't enough. This is not the place to discuss illegal activities such as cracking pvk on WP7. I'm not going to deny that it is being done but it is surely going to create a problem at some point down the road. I would like to prevent it as long as possible so please keep this discussion private or take it else where.

This thread is in regards to the WP7 release via the DFT and updates from them. Not unofficial news regarding illegal activities.