New update question

Search This thread

Ajj915

Jun 18, 2010
Tampa
So I am running SuperChargedHatka rom and they just updated to the new ota. Ok my question is are we better off flashing back to stock. Relocking. Updating. Then unlocking again? Are there things in the update we can't get with custom roms?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Ajj915

Jun 18, 2010
Tampa
Anyone? Is it more beneficial to go back to stock everything and accept the update then unlock again and install a custom ROM? Or is there no real benefit.

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
If you relock, stock, update then unlock and flash a rooted Rom, make sure it has the update in it or you will possibly flash the old rom files over the new..

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2...

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
You can't get the new radios or hboot just by flashing the ROM. So if you want them then you have to lock, run ruu, update, and unlock again. Kind of a pain but just the way it is right now. If you have the unlock bin you originally got from HTC it does make it a little easier.

Sent from my Droid DNA running ZoneDNA ROM..

Ajj915

Jun 18, 2010
Tampa
Alright cool. That's what I was wondering. Too bad flashgui won't flash radios too

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
So I am running SuperChargedHatka rom and they just updated to the new ota. Ok my question is are we better off flashing back to stock. Relocking. Updating. Then unlocking again? Are there things in the update we can't get with custom roms?

Check out my guide for doing just that its in my sig