[Q] GT-N7000 bricked by using bluetooth earphone ???

Search This thread

jabadale

Apr 29, 2013
Hi there,

Used my old samsung bluetooth earphone for one call today and after the call the phone froze ? With a restart it boots to the first screen and the bluetooth symbol comes on in the top right corner where the 3G symbol should be. It then hangs and after about a minute goes into a loop showing the samsung name glowing, glowing,...I have to remove the battery to shut it down. I did a back up in recovery, (it won't back up to the external sd card for some reason...) but it reproduces the same scenario - the bluetooth symbol followed by the ever glowing shut down....the 3G never get's there and I can't see the phone on my PC either so I can't save my data. Effectively, I have data and recordings I need to recover. Any ideas how I may save my phone and data ? And what the hell happened ? I have never had bluetooth issues before ! The phone had just updated some apps including google voice whose download hung and I eventually force topped it. But that wouldn't kill my phone, would it ??!! Weird...:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Oops ! Forgot to specify : Rom = Ultimate N7000 XXLT4 JellyBean 4.1.2 v6 with Philz safe kernel and CWM 6.0.3.1 based touch recovery (still working )

Last edited:

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
Hi there,

Used my old samsung bluetooth earphone for one call today and after the call the phone froze ? With a restart it boots to the first screen and the bluetooth symbol comes on in the top right corner where the 3G symbol should be. It then hangs and after about a minute goes into a loop showing the samsung name glowing, glowing,...I have to remove the battery to shut it down. I did a back up in recovery, (it won't back up to the external sd card for some reason...) but it reproduces the same scenario - the bluetooth symbol followed by the ever glowing shut down....the 3G never get's there and I can't see the phone on my PC either so I can't save my data. Effectively, I have data and recordings I need to recover. Any ideas how I may save my phone and data ? And what the hell happened ? I have never had bluetooth issues before ! The phone had just updated some apps including google voice whose download hung and I eventually force topped it. But that wouldn't kill my phone, would it ??!! Weird...:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Oops ! Forgot to specify : Rom = Ultimate N7000 XXLT4 JellyBean 4.1.2 v6 with Philz safe kernel and CWM 6.0.3.1 based touch recovery (still working )

The failed update might have something to do with it ( I think), anyway, to save your data and setting, reboot to recovery, go to mount&storage, format SYSTEM, CACHE, PRELOAD, and wipe dalvik Cache. After that reflash your ROM, reboot and try.