Enable Ripple ink effect with fingers or without S-Pen on Note 3 4.4.2 Kitkat

Search This thread

amk19

Jul 3, 2014
Bangalore
Hi all, I am a newbie and this thread is about enabling the Ripple ink effect with fingers or without S-pen on Note 3 Kitkat.

My Note 3 details:
Variant: SM-N9005,
ROM: Stock odexed ROM-rooted,
Firmware: N9005XXUGNG1,
Region: BTU.

Thanks to:
@kenet for Activating Ink effect with fingers (4.3)

Their might be other ways to implement it. but I am writing the steps which I have followed.
You Need:
1. Windows PC.
2. JRE installed.
3. Download aapt.exe here, apktool.jar here, baksmali.jar and smali.jar files here.

So here is the step by step guide on how to do it.
1. copy framework folder (/system/framework) from your Note 3 to the folder (say, C:\apktool\system\framework) in your PC.
2. copy the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex and com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar from Framework folder to aoktool folder (C:\apktool), now baksmali the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex present in C:\apktool folder using the command
Code:
[/B][B][COLOR="Red"]java -jar baksmali.jar -d C:\apktool\system\framework -x com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex[/COLOR][/B]

-d path of directory where framework files are placed.​
-x target .odex file (in our case it's com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex)​
3. once command is completed, you will see a folder named out .
4. Navigate to C:\apktool\out\com\sec\android\visualeffect\rippleink, and open the file RippleInkRenderer$DVFSHandlerForRipple.smali.
5. Open the file and search for const/16 v9, 0x4002

Code:
[/B][B]
const/16 v9, 0x4002
[COLOR="Red"]
if-ne v8, v9, :cond_ca
[/COLOR]
.line 669[/B]

6. Change the red line to, as shown below.
Code:
[/B][B]
const/16 v9, 0x4002
[COLOR="blue"]
if-ne v9, v9, :cond_ca
[/COLOR]
.line 669
[/B]

7. Once changes are done, smali the out folder present in C:\apktool using the command
Code:
[/B][B][COLOR="Red"]java -jar smali.jar -o classes.dex out[/COLOR][/B]

-o the name of newly created .dex file.​
out is the folder name.​
8. Once you see the classes.dex file in the folder, then push this .dex file into com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar file using the command
Code:
[/B][B][COLOR="Red"]aapt add com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar classes.dex[/COLOR][/B]

9. This is deodexed .jar file, and you can directly push this jar into your phone path /system/framework using RootExplorer and set the permission to rw-r--r--, and delete the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex file from the framework folder.

Restart the phone, and you should be able to use ink effect with fingers.

10. If you want to create the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex file from the com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar file then their are few more steps, which involves busybox, but this jar will work fine, please delete or remove the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex file from the framework folder and keep only com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar, because this jar is deodexed and working fine for me.

P.S: This will not work if you have changed the ro.product.name or ro.product.device in build.prop

Update:
As i have told that I am new here and I don't know how to make an Xposed module.
Can anybody make an Xposed module for this and give credit?

For enabling Light/Lens Flare effect or Particle effect on Lockscreen, please check out here.

Hit THANKS button, If I helped You.​

Attachments

• rsz_1screenshot_2014-10-16-15-29-00.png
    rsz_1screenshot_2014-10-16-15-29-00.png
    188 KB · Views: 1,142
  • com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar
    48.6 KB · Views: 113
  • rsz_1rsz_22014-10-16_191254.png
    rsz_1rsz_22014-10-16_191254.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:

kushal.arora16

May 10, 2013
Nagpur
Hi all, I am a newbie and this thread is about enabling the Ripple ink effect with fingers or without S-pen on Note 3 Kitkat.

My Note 3 details:

Thanks to:

Their might be other ways to implement it. but I am writing the steps which I have followed.
You Need:
1. Windows PC.
2. JRE installed.
3. Download aapt.exe here, apktool.jar here, baksmali.jar and smali.jar files here.

1. copy framework folder (/system/framework) from your Note 3 to the folder (say, C:\apktool\system\framework) in your PC.
2. copy the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex and com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar from Framework folder to aoktool folder (C:\apktool), now baksmali the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex present in C:\apktool folder using the command

4. Navigate to C:\apktool\out\com\sec\android\visualeffect\rippleink, and open the file RippleInkRenderer$DVFSHandlerForRipple.smali.

7. Once changes are done, smali the out folder present in C:\apktool using the command

out is the folder name.​
8. Once you see the classes.dex file in the folder, then push this .dex file into com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar file using the command

9. This is deodexed .jar file, and you can directly push this jar into your phone path /system/framework using RootExplorer and set the permission to rw-r--r--, and delete the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex file from the framework folder.

10. If you want to create the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex file from the com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar file then their are few more steps, which involves busybox, but this jar will work fine, please delete or remove the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex file from the framework folder and keep only com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar, because this jar is deodexed and working fine for me.

P.S: This will not work if you have changed the ro.product.name or ro.product.device in build.prop

Update:
As i have told that I am new here and I don't know how to make an Xposed module.

For enabling Light/Lens Flare effect or Particle effect on Lockscreen, please check out here.

Hi..
Will your attached "com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar" file will work if I move it to /system/framework using RootExplorer and set the permission to rw-r--r-- and deleting .odex of it.?

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
Hi..
Will your attached "com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar" file will work if I move it to /system/framework using RootExplorer and set the permission to rw-r--r-- and deleting .odex of it.?

+1
will it work ?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Man !!!!!
there is not any {{ Code:
const/16 v9, 0x4002

.line 669 }}}

on my RippleInkRenderer$DVFSHandlerForRipple.smali !!!!!!!!

that is on my RippleInkRenderer.smali !!:eek::rolleyes:
what is your opinion ?

Last edited:

amk19

Jul 3, 2014
Bangalore
+1
will it work ?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Man !!!!!
there is not any {{ Code:
const/16 v9, 0x4002

.line 669 }}}

on my RippleInkRenderer$DVFSHandlerForRipple.smali !!!!!!!!

that is on my RippleInkRenderer.smali !!:eek::rolleyes:
what is your opinion ?

What's your firmware version?

PineSmokes

Aug 29, 2014
Don't see "const/16 v9, 0x4002"

What's your firmware version?

I'm using a Note 3 from T-Mobile on the stock NK3 4.4.2 update.

I've tried this a long time ago and failed, I tried a week ago and failed, any insight as to where I should look to possibly accomplish this awesome task?

PineSmokes

Aug 29, 2014
That was it

Search in RippleInkRenderer.smali and try changing it.
Since I don't have that firmware I can't try. :(

You nailed it, I checked a few files but I guess I didn't check all of them, that's good news.

EDIT:
OMFG I REDMODDED IT AND IT WORKED

You have no idea how much this one success is going to keep me going, I'm really trying to get into the developer world and if I couldn't get something this simple, well it was kinda not very motivating XD

Thank you so much I've love tapped your Thanks button :)

Last edited:
Reactions: amk19

amk19

Jul 3, 2014
Bangalore
You nailed it, I checked a few files but I guess I didn't check all of them, that's good news.

EDIT:
OMFG I REDMODDED IT AND IT WORKED

You have no idea how much this one success is going to keep me going, I'm really trying to get into the developer world and if I couldn't get something this simple, well it was kinda not very motivating XD

Thank you so much I've love tapped your Thanks button :)

Happy to help you. :)

Reactions: PineSmokes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My Note 3 details:

Thanks to:

You Need:
    1. Windows PC.
    2. JRE installed.

Code:
    [/B][B][COLOR="Red"]java -jar baksmali.jar -d C:\apktool\system\framework -x com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex[/COLOR][/B]

Code:
    [/B][B]
    const/16 v9, 0x4002
    [COLOR="Red"]
    [/COLOR]
    .line 669[/B]

Code:
    [/B][B]
    const/16 v9, 0x4002
    [COLOR="blue"]
    if-ne v9, v9, :cond_ca
    [/COLOR]
    .line 669
    [/B]

Code:
    [/B][B][COLOR="Red"]java -jar smali.jar -o classes.dex out[/COLOR][/B]

out is the folder name.​
    Code:
    [/B][B][COLOR="Red"]aapt add com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar classes.dex[/COLOR][/B]

Update:

An xposed mod will be appriciated.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
    +1
    yeah xposed mod:D
    I'm using a Note 3 from T-Mobile on the stock NK3 4.4.2 update.

I've tried this a long time ago and failed, I tried a week ago and failed, any insight as to where I should look to possibly accomplish this awesome task?

Send me that file. I'll see.