[Q] Anybody seen this screen?

Search This thread

dersalbader

Apr 9, 2014
I bought this S4 9500 off ebay second hand. When I switch it on the light on the screen comes on nothing else and switches off after approx 3 sec - no boot up etc. . When I press on/central menu botton +volume up I get this screen. Note it displays upside down. When i choose any of the options it seems switch off. Certainly does not respond any further.
The charging plug has been broken by previous owners - can this phone be saved?
Thanks for your help
Andrew

osmanovea

Apr 9, 2014
I bought this S4 9500 off ebay second hand. When I switch it on the light on the screen comes on nothing else and switches off after approx 3 sec - no boot up etc. . When I press on/central menu botton +volume up I get this screen. Note it displays upside down. When i choose any of the options it seems switch off. Certainly does not respond any further.
Thanks for your help
Andrew

This is not a original S4
this is fake Samsung

Last edited:
Reactions: dersalbader

paras

Apr 15, 2007
Could you also elaborate a little further how I could prove this to ebay as I am trying to challenge the sale.
Many thanks again in advance
Andrew

Iam not to to sure but read about fakes and send screenshots to eBay so they also know it's a fake.Other than that Iam not to sure.I'll ask some friends if they could advice coz they buy a lot from eBay and might know what to do.

Sent From HTC One Android Revolution 62.0 KitKat 4.4.2. Sixth Sense

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
The bezels are much bigger than normal. The power button sits like 5mm under the screen on a regular s4. The side bezels are like 2mm big. It is a fake for sure

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

dersalbader

Apr 9, 2014
The bezels are much bigger than normal. The power button sits like 5mm under the screen on a regular s4. The side bezels are like 2mm big. It is a fake for sure

Supervielen dank nach D from Englands Sued-Ost Kueste!
Excellent reply thanks
I have copied some of the replies to the ebay resolution center discussion - and hope justice will be served;)
I have as a first thing of course uploaded these and other images to the resolution center communications.
Regards
Andrew

Reactions: benni_1994
G

goodboybond

There is an app in the Play Store called, "Genuine Galaxy S4" (I cannot link it here as I have not posted enough yet for linking to be enabled on my account) It's very easy to find. It will confirm it's authenticity and I'm sure you could send kind of photo of the screen to eBay

Hope this helps

alfmetal

Mar 14, 2007
Marina, CA
Upload more pictures , with and without cover, battery, take close ups, etc.
Because It does look identical to my original Samsung galaxy s4.
Idk how they know is fake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

G

goodboybond

Here is mine next to it.....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 51
  • P1000935.jpg
    P1000935.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your help
    Andrew

This is not a original S4
    this is fake Samsung
    It's definitely a fake

Sent From S4 I9500 Crash Rom Final 4.4.2
    Can you explain a little more anything I can look up to verify your information and proove it to ebay?
    Many thanks in advance
    Andrew

I have paid a lot of Money for the phone

sufficiently visible
    difference in the display - simply frame around the screen
    much broader framework
    Could you also elaborate a little further how I could prove this to ebay as I am trying to challenge the sale.
    Many thanks again in advance
    Andrew

Iam not to to sure but read about fakes and send screenshots to eBay so they also know it's a fake.Other than that Iam not to sure.I'll ask some friends if they could advice coz they buy a lot from eBay and might know what to do.

Sent From HTC One Android Revolution 62.0 KitKat 4.4.2. Sixth Sense