lte:esm - 29 emm - x unable to establish a wireless data connection

Search This thread

rodmc123

Aug 15, 2012
hey, i unlocked the phone to use in gsm networks (im outside the us) but 3g is not working, it says lte:esm - 29 emm - x unable to stablish a wireless data connection i get signal and i can make calls, but no 3g.

i set the gsm/umts mode but i still get this message when i try to use my data connection.

tronac

Nov 29, 2013
hey, i unlocked the phone to use in gsm networks (im outside the us) but 3g is not working, it says lte:esm - 29 emm - x unable to stablish a wireless data connection i get signal and i can make calls, but no 3g.

i set the gsm/umts mode but i still get this message when i try to use my data connection.

I had the exact same problem. After unlocking I updated to MJA. This solved the problem because in MJA you can add/edit the APN settings.

rodmc123

Aug 15, 2012
I had the exact same problem. After unlocking I updated to MJA. This solved the problem because in MJA you can add/edit the APN settings.

but i can edit apn settings right now on mdc also lol.. atleast the menu let me do that.. but i still get the error .. ill try updating to mja,

did you have the same message error? "lte:esm - 29 emm - x unable to stablish a wireless data connection"

can you tell me how you did it? just downloaded MJA modem and flashed it? is there something extra i should know?

Last edited:

rodmc123

Aug 15, 2012
Know you cannot go back to 4.2 ever

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

my phone was already in stock 4.3 when i got it.. so i downgraded the moden to mdc through odin to unlock it, but 3g is not working, if upgrading to mja again works i dont care. i just wanna know im not going to brick the phone with this.

rodmc123

Aug 15, 2012
When you click settings>more>about device>status what does it say? Does it mention what type of network? Edge, HSPA?

in mobile network it says 'UMTS' i was able to make "wcdma only" work (i had to reset the network settings with ##72786# and make the unlock process again) but when is going to connect to 3g it gives me the "LTE esm 29 cannot establish wireless connection" error..also after the reset there is a green circle telling me to activate the phone in sprint (this was a phone with bad esn if im not wrong)..

i used hiapn and all that stuff, upgraded modem to MJA and nothing yet.. i also followed a guide that was made for tmobile.. going to the service menu and modifying a bunch of stuff but it did not work either.

i dont know what else to do.. maybe the issue is that the phone is not activated on sprint?? but im using it outside de US, with a non US sim card.

and yes i also tried gsm/umts a lot of times .

Last edited:

tronac

Nov 29, 2013
in mobile network it says 'UMTS' i was able to make "wcdma only" work (i had to reset the network settings with ##72786# and make the unlock process again) but when is going to connect to 3g it gives me the "LTE esm 29 cannot establish wireless connection" error..also after the reset there is a green circle telling me to activate the phone in sprint (this was a phone with bad esn if im not wrong)..

i used hiapn and all that stuff, upgraded modem to MJA and nothing yet.. i also followed a guide that was made for tmobile.. going to the service menu and modifying a bunch of stuff but it did not work either.

i dont know what else to do.. maybe the issue is that the phone is not activated on sprint?? but im using it outside de US, with a non US sim card.

and yes i also tried gsm/umts a lot of times .

Un-install HiApn. I was getting the same message with HiApn. I am also using the phone outside the US.