Android Build Index - Look here before asking

Search This thread

rsmith675

Jul 19, 2009
Hyattsville MD
Since I'm sick with people asking for the best android build all the time, I created an index of build with thing that not working. If the mod can sticky this then it will be good. If you have any other build, feel free to post it and I'll add it to the main post.

Donut: - Camera Quality, Video Recording, Front Camera
Myn's Warm Donut Download the Main Build and the Kaiser WIFI/BT Update.
Donut Evolution Download the BaseFile with Eclair Theme, Kaiser Wifi Update and a theme(if you want)
DZO Odex - Haven't tried
Eclair-Camera Quality
Polymod 2.1g
Polymod 2.1d
Super Eclair
CyanogenMod Test 3- Mssmison
CyanogenMod Stable - Aqtrans updated.
Myn's Warm Eclair
VaniljEclair
Incubus26Jc's SuperE CyanogenMod
BT AUDIO UPDATE:http://www.mediafire.com/?yng2o3mtjtd

FROYO - Camera quality.
DZO
Incubus
urban69
nuangel
kallt_kaffe
milanche

Rosie -
Hero 1.5 - Bluetooth. Jump to the last post of page 3 for my wifi update.
Hero 2.1/Espresso - Bluetooth, Camera
Tattoo 1.6 - Bluetooth

For espresso and hero, look for the wifi update in the thread. Its near the last couple of page.

PERSONAL Recommendation:
Best Overall:Myn Warm Donut
Fastest Sense:Tattoo
Best Sense:Espresso
Best Eclair:Super Eclair Odex

Use kallt_kaffe kernel for better gps. Dzo's kernel are usually newer. 1.5 and 1.6 use donut option in the nbh editor. 2.1 use eclair. 2.2 use froyo

NOTE: I got banned off my kaiser until my bookwork grade improve so I can't test it so please report what work and what doesn't

incubus has an up date to vilords 1.6 tattoo build

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=692447

mikiano

Jan 2, 2005
Android on Kaiser really slow?!

Hi, I tried both the latest Myn's Warm Donut and DZO builds on my Kaiser. Both work, but both are really slow. Does anyone have the same experience or know a way to speed things up?

BTW: I am booting from SD, using Haret. Is there a mayor speed difference with NAND? I am reluctant to install to NAND if that doesn't change much.

n2rjt

Hi, I tried both the latest Myn's Warm Donut and DZO builds on my Kaiser. Both work, but both are really slow. Does anyone have the same experience or know a way to speed things up?

BTW: I am booting from SD, using Haret. Is there a mayor speed difference with NAND? I am reluctant to install to NAND if that doesn't change much.

Haret speed varies with speed of your SD card, from what I hear. My class 4 SD card is much much slower than a NAND install.

leona

Mar 11, 2008
Exeter

I boot from SD, using Haret, I don't find the speed a problem, like you, I don't wish to install to the NAND as I am not confident in the Stability or Usability of Android, loose more than I gain, so I like to just 'Play' with it on the SD, nice and safe ;) No risk of 'Bricking' phone and at least an SD card is replaceable should it break, you can not replace NAND if it starts to develop bad blocks.

X46X

Apr 9, 2008
Prague
Which Build si most stable from 2.1 and newest.. I using Warm Donut now - it is very stadble and everythings working fine, but I need 2.1 or later because in 2.0 lot of aplication not working :( Thanks for you answer

Top Liked Posts