[Q] Creative ZiiO doesn't appear on adb devices list

Search This thread

Stawonog

Dec 21, 2010
Our company bought new shiny ZiiO 7" to test some mobile aplications, but we are having trouble getting started. 'adb devices' shows empty list, but the device appears on 'lsusb' list (Bus 002 Device 007: ID 2350:0102) and we can access files by USB connection. We tried to set it up using standard steps (enable debugging, list devices, add vendor id, set permissions and restart adb server). We also tried several systems (Ubuntus and Windowses) and PCs. It's our first Creative device and first device with such problem.

So, is it known problem or maybe the device is broken? How to set up adb and device to work together on Ubuntu 10.04?

There's no ZiiO forum, so I posted here - hope it's ok.

mrrooty

Jun 19, 2011
Sorry for my ugly english - i am only a german!

I copied su-v3 in /sbin. Rename it tu su. chmod 4755 su. Reboot the Ziio7 and it works. Work in a terminal, with "Root App Remover" and so on. Thank you for the hints!!!!

UPDATE: I use SuperOneClick1.9.5 until it failed. Open a commandwindow. adb push source target superuser.apk and install it. rm /data/busybox/su or better the hole busybox ...

Last edited:

8DOM8

Aug 9, 2010
I am really interested in this solution. Currently working on a project (autohifi) that needs this device to be rooted. I've managed to install applications manually via adb, but I need rooting to be able to run Tasker to its full potential.

Unfortunately I've got no idea what this mmrooty is talking about. Has anyone had success repeating his method?

avathor

Jul 11, 2011
Sorry for my ugly english - i am only a german!

I copied su-v3 in /sbin. Rename it tu su. chmod 4755 su. Reboot the Ziio7 and it works. Work in a terminal, with "Root App Remover" and so on. Thank you for the hints!!!!

UPDATE: I use SuperOneClick1.9.5 until it failed. Open a commandwindow. adb push source target superuser.apk and install it. rm /data/busybox/su or better the hole busybox ...

Have you pernament rooted ziio?

I looking for guide to root my ziio 10".

owen.9601

Sep 30, 2011
here you go:
- download and install Google USB driver
- open file android_winusb.inf from the driver's directory. Find section [Google.NTx86] (if you have 32-bit Windows) or [Google.NTamd64] (for 64-bit). At the end of the section, add the following lines:
; Creative Ziio 7"
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2350&PID_0102
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2350&PID_0102&MI_01
- find the device in Device Manager and update driver using previously installed USB driver
- add folowing line to %HOME/.android/adb_usb.ini:
0x2350
- restart server

where can you find???

%HOME/.android/adb_usb.ini

??

norad73

Jun 14, 2007
here you go:
- open file android_winusb.inf from the driver's directory. Find section [Google.NTx86] (if you have 32-bit Windows) or [Google.NTamd64] (for 64-bit). At the end of the section, add the following lines:
; Creative Ziio 7"
- find the device in Device Manager and update driver using previously installed USB driver
0x2350
- restart server

If you cant find the adb_usb.ini file, just create one yourself like this:

Code:
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x2350

Oct 27, 2010
stupid question.. I have followed the root and market instructions and when I try to push markets files I get
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
error: devise not found

I have installed the driver and it shows it in devise manager..changed all of the lines...ughh
this is frustrating because I feel like I am this close to having all of my google apps but error devise not found is my last hurdle damn it..lol

Last edited:

dudexcaxias

Feb 16, 2012
Hi I have the same situation and after following these instructions I was able to list Ziio on the adb devices but Superoneclick freezes on "Waiting for device".

I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and Ziio is running android 2.2

Any ideas?

Dec 27, 2011
help

i think dudexcaxias your problem is u dont do steps as written exactly u need use super one click 1.7 .i want help is any one know possible enable usb host mode to make keyboard or mouse or digital camera or 3g dongole usb work with it on my ziio i found away to get external electra for usb device but i dono what files need push for android os to see my device

dialbat

Sep 18, 2007
Guys, i'm using WinXP
by this you mean
c:\android\adb_usb.ini ?

Also, when driver installed, it shows as Android Composite ADB Interface, should i change it to Android ADB Interface instead?

--------

silly me, i figured it out!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here you go:
    ; Creative Ziio 7"
    0x2350
    - restart server