[Q] Rogers Razr HD LTE(xt925) OTA to JB fails!!!

Search This thread

luscione

Feb 12, 2013
I rooted my device before i got the OTA notification. i tried to upgrade like 4 or 5 times but it doesn't work! Does anybody know that how can i upgrade to JB? BTW i dont want to unlock my device.
Thanks in advance! :)

luscione

Feb 12, 2013
what's the failure message? Also, can you run something on your phone before you do the upgrade?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

yep i can run all the apps. it just says "The software update failed" . i tried to use voodoo temp un-root before upgrade but it still doesn't work. i cnan see a lay down android robot with exclamation mark.

Last edited:

luscione

Feb 12, 2013
I had this same problem, unrooted, and installed and it worked(I am on fido though)

.... did you delete some preloaded system apps? like 'rogers 1 Number' . i did but i did a factory data reset too, after all i tried to do upgrade again.. as you know it failed lol.... still need somebody to help me !!! plz!!!!

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
.... did you delete some preloaded system apps? like 'rogers 1 Number' . i did but i did a factory data reset too, after all i tried to do upgrade again.. as you know it failed lol.... still need somebody to help me !!! plz!!!!

@OP

I didn't get enough information as to why the firmware upgrade was failing. I was also going you could pull an xml fastboot for me from your existing setup if you are still rooted.

Please download this software https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tranquilice.toolbox and make an xml backup of you're current phone. I also want the XML backup :) but it it's very large, so you should break it up into 100mb files using 7 zip and re-compress it. Then post it to your Dropbox. Don't worry this backup doesn't have any personal data.

Then you can download the update file from my Dev-host account here :

http://d-h.st/JNV

And save the file to your external sdcard.

Boot into recovery, then try to apply the update from sdcard, and write down exactly all the information it says (maybe take a picture of it using another camera). And send me all the information.

How to boot into recovery:

1) Power off phone completely

2) press and hold both volume buttons and at the same time press the power button.

3) use the volume down button to navigate the the recovery option, then press volume up.

4) an Android on the side will appear, now tot can proceed with updating

How to apply update in recoveyr mode:

1) press and hold both volume buttons while pressing power button

2) a menu will appear, use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select the option to update from external sdcard

3) find the update file and press the power button on it.

4) watch the update, if it fails please tell me all error messages, hopefully tot can take a picture for me.

bosskai

Feb 19, 2013
failed to upgrade to Jelly been

I have a fido motorola razr hd lte and rooted. I tried several times upgrading to Jelly Been using OTA and all failed.
Then I followed steps above and still failed.
I have actually uninstalled some default apps like SMS, file manager etc.
see my attachment.

Thanks for help in advance!

Attachments

• 20130219_145058.jpg
    20130219_145058.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 89

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
I have a fido motorola razr hd lte and rooted. I tried several times upgrading to Jelly Been using OTA and all failed.
Then I followed steps above and still failed.
I have actually uninstalled some default apps like SMS, file manager etc.
see my attachment.

Thanks for help in advance!

Did you try to modify the update package? It looks like the update package doesn't have the same signature as it should.

Do not try to open up the ZIP file provided, just place it on the external SD card without touching it.

If you get another error after that, please the new error.

superbrowndude

Jan 11, 2011
OnePlus Open
I'm having the same problem cause I deleted the bloat ware from my Rogers phone. From what I've been reading, I'm thinking about just staying on the 4.0.4.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
I'm having the same problem cause I deleted the bloat ware from my Rogers phone. From what I've been reading, I'm thinking about just staying on the 4.0.4.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Post a screenshot. It should be easy to put back any Rogers specific software on your phone since it already exists there in a different area!

Last edited:

bosskai

Feb 19, 2013
Did you try to modify the update package? It looks like the update package doesn't have the same signature as it should.

Do not try to open up the ZIP file provided, just place it on the external SD card without touching it.

If you get another error after that, please the new error.

I have actually followed your 7 zip packages from the other post and upgraded my phone to 4.1.2 Rogers stock version, it loads with Rogers logo, but other than that, everything works. Thanks a lot.:good:

The only issue is that I have all rogers one number, one contact... apps and every time reboot has rogers logo. Is it possible to have fido one?

Last edited:

tech_head

"FDR" -> Factory/Full Data Reset does not replace applications that have been deleted.
The only way to fix is to put them back or RSD/Flash back to stock.

I hate these threads.
People remove apps and wonder why the upgrade doesn't work.

Don't remove factory applications, freeze/disable them!!!!!
Removing them will remove the ability to upgrade until the OS is back to stock.
The installer checks to make sure that the system and application area is untouched.

luscione

Feb 12, 2013
"FDR" -> Factory/Full Data Reset does not replace applications that have been deleted.
The only way to fix is to put them back or RSD/Flash back to stock.

I hate these threads.
People remove apps and wonder why the upgrade doesn't work.

Don't remove factory applications, freeze/disable them!!!!!
Removing them will remove the ability to upgrade until the OS is back to stock.
The installer checks to make sure that the system and application area is untouched.

''1 contacts'' ''1 number'' ''my account'' ''ringbacks'' ''ringtones'' '' shop'' ''VVM plus'' ''anyplace live'' did i miis someting?

luscione

Feb 12, 2013
Not sure, I think it is on the phone's internal sd memory. You can't boot now? Post the error... Or more symptoms.

just like this i installed ''Beats Audio'' before . should i do a reset ?

Attachments

• 3sLTj0oYE_g6mA7KMA5uHCpUa9NOYZKdU9nAjm1-Rzg.jpg
    3sLTj0oYE_g6mA7KMA5uHCpUa9NOYZKdU9nAjm1-Rzg.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 56