New phone = freezing issues

Search This thread

BinarySauce

Oct 20, 2012
Vancouver
Haven't seen any threads about this with the Razr HD(Verizon) yet.

So I cracked my screen a few days ago, had insurance, got a replacement, yadda yadda.

I was setting up my new Razr HD last night when I realized every like 4th time I press the recent apps (bottom right) key, the phone freezes.... So I shrugged it off hoping it would go away when I disable all the bloat and get set up. Fast forward to today, and it's still freezing randomly sometimes when I press that key. It's fine again after I lock the phone and unlock it so it's not too bad, but do I really want to lock and unlock my phone every 30 seconds while i'm using it? Anyone have a similar issue or solution?

I even did a factory reset, it still persists. Any help would be appreciated.

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012

So I cracked my screen a few days ago, had insurance, got a replacement, yadda yadda.

I was setting up my new Razr HD last night when I realized every like 4th time I press the recent apps (bottom right) key, the phone freezes.... So I shrugged it off hoping it would go away when I disable all the bloat and get set up. Fast forward to today, and it's still freezing randomly sometimes when I press that key. It's fine again after I lock the phone and unlock it so it's not too bad, but do I really want to lock and unlock my phone every 30 seconds while i'm using it? Anyone have a similar issue or solution?

Do a safe boot. Hold the vol down at the first boot logo after a power up. This will keep data apps from loading.

Then as a last resort, look in dev section for matts 1.3+ util.
Which is a easy rsd like restore.

It may be a hardware issue.

AsurionCares

Sep 6, 2013
Nashville, TN
www.asurion.com
Asurion Warranty Replacement

Hi BinarySauce!

Is your insurance coverage with Asurion? If so, we offer a 12-month limited warranty on all replacement devices. If you experience a warranty failure within that time period, and there is no physical or liquid damage, a replacement device may be provided at no additional cost. Feel free to email us at socialmediateam@asurion.com if you would like further assistance with a replacement. Be sure to include your claim# and contact information.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com

BinarySauce

Oct 20, 2012
Vancouver
Hi BinarySauce!

Is your insurance coverage with Asurion? If so, we offer a 12-month limited warranty on all replacement devices. If you experience a warranty failure within that time period, and there is no physical or liquid damage, a replacement device may be provided at no additional cost. Feel free to email us at socialmediateam@asurion.com if you would like further assistance with a replacement. Be sure to include your claim# and contact information.

Thanks!

www.phoneclaim.com

Small world! I just returned the phone to Asurion and got a working replacement.

Reactions: AsurionCares

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi BinarySauce!

Thanks!

www.phoneclaim.com

Small world! I just returned the phone to Asurion and got a working replacement.