[Q] Nexus 5 not working, auto-rebooting

Search This thread

provetti

Jun 17, 2014
Hello, I have a non-rooted Nexus 5, recently updated to 4.4.3. That's almost a brick. It's very imprecise to describe how's it reacting. Sometimes when I try to turn it on, it doesn't answer, another moment, it actually turns on, but only show the google look (it vibrates a little bit) and then turn it off again. When I connect it to the wall charger it repeats forever the same process. Turns on > Google logo > Turns off > Turns on... And I don't need to press the power button.

I suspect that it might be caused by an original samsung charger that I've used with 4.0amp (I've never seen one like that, but it seems to be from one of the Galaxy Tab Versions.

Does someone know what's going on? If it is really bricked?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I would flash the 4.4.3 factory image. I think your problem will go away. If it doesn't then you most likely have a hardware issue. I don't think the charger is the issue though. There's internal circuitry which will limit the amount of amps the device can draw.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Hello, I have a non-rooted Nexus 5, recently updated to 4.4.3. That's almost a brick. It's very imprecise to describe how's it reacting. Sometimes when I try to turn it on, it doesn't answer, another moment, it actually turns on, but only show the google look (it vibrates a little bit) and then turn it off again. When I connect it to the wall charger it repeats forever the same process. Turns on > Google logo > Turns off > Turns on... And I don't need to press the power button.

I suspect that it might be caused by an original samsung charger that I've used with 4.0amp (I've never seen one like that, but it seems to be from one of the Galaxy Tab Versions.

Does someone know what's going on? If it is really bricked?
Your phone behives like that when the power buttom is stucked. I have no idea how to fix it. A few people managed to fix it but I dont know the process. Change the title to stucked power buttom to draw their attention.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

provetti

Jun 17, 2014
I would flash the 4.4.3 factory image. I think your problem will go away. If it doesn't then you most likely have a hardware issue. I don't think the charger is the issue though. There's internal circuitry which will limit the amount of amps the device can draw.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I don't think I'm able to flash the stock 4.4.3. Again since it is rebooting everytime.

provetti

Jun 17, 2014
Your phone behives like that when the power buttom is stucked. I have no idea how to fix it. A few people managed to fix it but I dont know the process. Change the title to stucked power buttom to draw their attention.

I'll try to open it, and see if it's it. Although I can feel the "click" when the button is pressed.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Hold your volumes both down and can it boot into bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

provetti

Jun 17, 2014
Hold your volumes both down and can it boot into bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No I can't. I've tried it.

if you have warranty then do not open it. return it to Lg. What if it is more serious than a stucked power buttom?

The issue is that I'm on in the US, and the LG here in Brazil doesn't accept phone purchased in the outside the country.

----

The thing is: I've brought my phone to some places, and many people that took a look said that it was a software problem. I guess it is a bug from 4.4.3. Does anyone knows if another Nexus 5 Black 16GB are having the same issue? I have a friend with a White nexus 5 32GB version and, after the update, the phone is turning off and takes sometime to turn on again, it becomes unresponsive to any command for some minutes.