[Q] Moto G lose network service

Search This thread

PMJ

Apr 6, 2008
Hello

I bought my Moto G in the past moth, and until today it happens to me 3 times, the phone gives me a Message "Emergence only" or something similar, and then a lose my connection to 3g and GSM.
I try to put in airplane mode and then put airplane mode off, but never ask for my pin and continuous without conection. The only way it is to shout down a take the sim and reenter again, after this it work.

I have the European version in the last KitKat version, no root and no moods.

Anyone knows how to fixed?

aureaboros

Mar 26, 2014
Hello,

I'm also getting the same issue with my moto g. It randomly loses the network, asking again for the SIM pin.

I have the 4.4.2 [Unofficial] AOSPA+ 4.2 [BETA2] Paranoid Android.

Any clues on this issue?

Thanks

Hello

I bought my Moto G in the past moth, and until today it happens to me 3 times, the phone gives me a Message "Emergence only" or something similar, and then a lose my connection to 3g and GSM.
I try to put in airplane mode and then put airplane mode off, but never ask for my pin and continuous without conection. The only way it is to shout down a take the sim and reenter again, after this it work.

I have the European version in the last KitKat version, no root and no moods.

Anyone knows how to fixed?

PMJ

Apr 6, 2008
It is different, my don't ask for the pin, my don't even recognize the Sim card.

I talk to the assistance of moto g, and they said to change to another Sim card. But I don't believe that it will solve

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

unrafa

Dec 17, 2008
Galicia
LineageOS
It can happen for places with low signal; i had same issue while being in my bedroom (walls are 1 meter thick made from stone) switching to 2g solved the issue and gave me max signal bars all the time.

Btw i did not have pin problem because i removed it

PMJ

Apr 6, 2008
This happen in my home and in my university. They are near to each other and I have always 5 bars with the 3g one. I don't think it is that.
To solve temporarily the problem I just take off the Sim and put again, without turn off the phone and it immediately recognize the Sim and ask for the pin and works

Nexxxeh

Nov 21, 2009
I had this issue, and it caused no end of trouble. I'm currently without my Moto G, as according to the Phones4U Repairs Tracker, it's "Within repair process" and I left it with P4U 11 days ago.

I might have a different cause to you guys, because it looks like there is/was a software issue that causes this behaviour too. And this is going to sound stupid, and if I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it. But my issue is the spring-loaded SIM card slot has too much spring. It slowly pushes the bloomin' SIM card out slightly after a random length of time.

Initially I thought it was something I'd done, despite getting a SIM free one and only doing official updates. So I factory restored the phone, and that didn't help. So then I couldn't believe it was the phone, I figured it was the SIM card. So I swapped SIMs. Same issue. Then it happened to do it before I put the rear cover back on, and I could see the slight difference.

It happens after a random length of time, but because it doesn't come all the way out, it makes an intermittent connection. I could have fixed it with a bit of tape, but it was under warranty. I'm currently using a mate's LG Optimus 4X HD P880 while I await the return of my Moto. Bad times.

Thankfully I managed to demonstrate this to the lady at the desk in P4U who added it to the repair documentation, I got lucky because sometimes it didn't do it for ages after I'd reinserted the SIM. Otherwise Moto could have looked at it, not seen the problem actually occur in front of them (as it happens after a random length of time) and just sent it back with NFF. I've still got my fingers crossed that they fix it and this resolves the issue though.

Last edited:

PMJ

Apr 6, 2008
I believe you, It can be a problem with the spring. My Sim card it was cut to fit on the micro slot, I will ask for one micro Sim on my carrier and see if it solve the problem.

Reactions: Nexxxeh

Nexxxeh

Nov 21, 2009
Mine both came precut, it made no difference. My carrier is a UK MVNO called Giffgaff.

PMJ

Apr 6, 2008
My it is Vodafone from Portugal. I will try anyway. But I hope that it solves by itself

PMJ

Apr 6, 2008
I forget to say.
I solved the problem with a new Sim card. The other that I have was a old version, the inside cheap was bigger then this one, I have.

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
I had this issue when it said 'emergency calls only' and just for giggles I tried it and it would not even place a call to 911

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1402368060694.jpg

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe you, It can be a problem with the spring. My Sim card it was cut to fit on the micro slot, I will ask for one micro Sim on my carrier and see if it solve the problem.