[POSTBOOT]Southern87 Postboot Tweak

Search This thread

southern87

I created this file in 2012 for the EVO3D I had as a alternative to init.d scripts.

This is intended to create real performance. Not performance to create crazy benchmark numbers like done on the 3D forums before. For shiggles....I am getting 22k on AnTuTu Bench. This is a rough post as I just spent 4 hrs creating a biology study guide and I am quite tired.

*DISCLAIMER*
I AM NOT LIABLE FOR YOU JACKING THINGS UP

I have a ATT Moto X(XT1058). Rooted, unlocked, on 4.4.2....Still stock recovery. Though this should work on any Moto X.

Keep in mind this should be considered a beta as I tweak it for the Moto X and add things like I had done before.

Version 1.0

• Initial Release for Moto X
    Cleaned useless code from orginal that doesn't apply to our phone. Cpu 2 & 3 settings IE.
    [Stock uses Interactive as the governor.
    Changed settings used for the ramp up of the cpu under load
    Changed settings to improve VM performance and battery life(supposedly)
    Changed scheduler to noop and read ahead to 3072
    Changed network settings to help optimize them
    Optimized the EXT4 mounts.
    Zip align files on boot - Checks them first

Installing this is quite simple...Just need to click a file in windows. That simple basicly.
Everything you need is there in one folder
No need to reboot into recovery.

Instructions
Download the zip file.
Extract the files to a folder.
Run the file Push.bat
Hit any key to keep going.
Let it reboot.

RESTORING
If you decide this is not for you...hey I got your 6.
Run the File named Restore.bat and it will replace the old postboot for you and reboot.

To Do:
  • Tweak Current settings and add new
  • Create a flashable zip
  • Add user customization

Last edited:

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
Sweet will test it out tommorw! Could we get some further details at exactly what if changes and tweaks? Or is that in the download

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

southern87

Yeah I will today. Sorry wasn't exactly awake.

The batch file is for those who still have stock recovery but rooted and unlocked or write protection disabled.

If you get a read only error pushing the files to the phone then your kernel isn't insecure. If you get the error just close the command prompt screen.

If you have a stock kernel then you need a app like adbd insecure. Buy or aquire it, lol, and check the option in the settings. It will pop up a window saying patching. Then run the push.bat file.

Custom kernels shouldn't be a problem lol. If so then who made it is stupid.

When I make the flashable zip then you won't need a app and such.

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

hryusha

Oct 9, 2013
Yeah I will today. Sorry wasn't exactly awake.

The batch file is for those who still have stock recovery but rooted and unlocked or write protection disabled.

If you get a read only error pushing the files to the phone then your kernel isn't insecure. If you get the error just close the command prompt screen.

If you have a stock kernel then you need a app like adbd insecure. Buy or aquire it, lol, and check the option in the settings. It will pop up a window saying patching. Then run the push.bat file.

Custom kernels shouldn't be a problem lol. If so then who made it is stupid.

When I make the flashable zip then you won't need a app and such.

Hi Southern,

Thanks for your time and effort. I have ran your tool and received an error. I have a Dev Edition Moto X with custom recovery and Eclipse (Blur based 4.4.2) Rom. Please take a look at the attached pic.

thanks

southern87

Hi Southern,

Thanks for your time and effort. I have ran your tool and received an error. I have a Dev Edition Moto X with custom recovery and Eclipse (Blur based 4.4.2) Rom. Please take a look at the attached pic.

thanks

Install this. Your kernel is not unsecure. This will allow you to push and pull system files via adb.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1687590

About to add the flashable zip if you want to flash it instead.

hryusha

Oct 9, 2013
Install this. Your kernel is not unsecure. This will allow you to push and pull system files via adb.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1687590

About to add the flashable zip if you want to flash it instead.

Thanks! I will just wait for the flashable file, but will still download the above file just in case.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Tried the flashable version and it failed. I am using TWRP 2.7 if that helps at all.
I will now try the file you suggested 2 posts above and the usual windows method.

southern87

Thanks! I will just wait for the flashable file, but will still download the above file just in case.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Tried the flashable version and it failed. I am using TWRP 2.7 if that helps at all.
I will now try the file you suggested 2 posts above and the usual windows method.

I took it down. I just looked at it and realized I got ahead of myself on the updater-script. I need to flash a recovery anyways, just hadn't had time.

but yeah if you install that app, it will let you run the batch.

hryusha

Oct 9, 2013
I took it down. I just looked at it and realized I got ahead of myself on the updater-script. I need to flash a recovery anyways, just hadn't had time.

but yeah if you install that app, it will let you run the batch.

Ok NP, I will try the other method and will get back to you with my findings.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Everything went smooth (with the windows cmd process), phone is now restarting. I will monitor how my battery life is today and will report with my findings.

southern87

Ok NP, I will try the other method and will get back to you with my findings.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Everything went smooth (with the windows cmd process), phone is now restarting. I will monitor how my battery life is today and will report with my findings.

good deal. Maybe 2.7 doesn't play well with the X. I don't think its officially suppported. Everything I try to do gives me the same error while flashing.

hryusha

Oct 9, 2013
good deal. Maybe 2.7 doesn't play well with the X. I don't think its officially suppported. Everything I try to do gives me the same error while flashing.

Just FYI, 2.7 works well with all the other flashing I had to do.... Eclipse rom as well as some random additions i had to flash via the recovery, all went without an issue. I did see that 2.6.3 is the only one in the Moto X forum though.

piccit

Dec 16, 2011
No versions of TWRP are "officially" supported.

2.7 works without issue for me -- the dev (I believe its dhacker) just didn't bother making a thread for it

southern87

Initial findings.

Ds battery monitor disabled, but I think it still is still running.

Adm check box 1 unchecked, Google now disabled. Used app ops to disable some gps permissions.

Beats music kills the data on high quality haha. Like 600 megs

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396399546869.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396399546869.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 200
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396399560688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396399560688.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 190

southern87

I didn't change or screen said failed? Read only? Or did you use the flashable zip?

If it's read only error it'd saying. Your kernel isn't unsecure. There is a link to a app that can fix it. It's temporary unless you set it to start at boot.

It allows you to push and pull system files via adb.

Flashing isn't affected by this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this file in 2012 for the EVO3D I had as a alternative to init.d scripts.

This is intended to create real performance. Not performance to create crazy benchmark numbers like done on the 3D forums before. For shiggles....I am getting 22k on AnTuTu Bench. This is a rough post as I just spent 4 hrs creating a biology study guide and I am quite tired.

*DISCLAIMER*
    I AM NOT LIABLE FOR YOU JACKING THINGS UP

I have a ATT Moto X(XT1058). Rooted, unlocked, on 4.4.2....Still stock recovery. Though this should work on any Moto X.

Keep in mind this should be considered a beta as I tweak it for the Moto X and add things like I had done before.

Version 1.0

• Initial Release for Moto X
      Cleaned useless code from orginal that doesn't apply to our phone. Cpu 2 & 3 settings IE.
      [Stock uses Interactive as the governor.
      Changed settings used for the ramp up of the cpu under load
      Changed settings to improve VM performance and battery life(supposedly)
      Changed scheduler to noop and read ahead to 3072
      Changed network settings to help optimize them
      Optimized the EXT4 mounts.
      Zip align files on boot - Checks them first

Installing this is quite simple...Just need to click a file in windows. That simple basicly.
    Everything you need is there in one folder
    No need to reboot into recovery.

Instructions
    Download the zip file.
    Extract the files to a folder.
    Run the file Push.bat
    Hit any key to keep going.
    Let it reboot.

RESTORING
    If you decide this is not for you...hey I got your 6.
    Run the File named Restore.bat and it will replace the old postboot for you and reboot.

To Do:
    • Tweak Current settings and add new
    • Create a flashable zip
    • Add user customization
    ahh I see. I always had HTC devices so wasn''t really a issue.

From what I read KitKat changed some stuff to do with the updater-scripts. I was starting to get pissed with this lol.

Going to add it to the OP in a second.
    Good deal.

Thought I did a overnight drain, and my battery was 75 percent, now it's 20...I am losing my mind I think lol.